Go Back   Weekly Davespeak - Dave Matthews Band Forums > General > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Kim's Avatar
Kim is offline
Kim
Media Road Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 15,997
Default 09.18.11 | DMB Caravan New York (Randall's Island) | New York, NY - Sunday

The last stop of the Caravan tour is New York! Sunday's line-up features Elew, From Good Homes, Dave & Tim, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Ave, Josh Ritter & the Royal City Band, and Dave Matthews Band.


Here are links to: Official Caravan site, DMBAlmanac page
A meetup thread was not created for this show but this thread has had a lot of discussion by people attending.


Be sure to check out chat. Chat room opens at 7:00 PM ET (or the start of D&T's set) and will stay open through DMB's set. If you are new to the chat room, check out this before you enter.



Last edited by Kim; 09-13-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-16-2011, 01:07 PM
sugar willie's Avatar
sugar willie is offline
sugar willie
Fire Dancer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,155
Default

Woo Hoo! Sunday night is almost here. For anyone going, take a look at my profile picture and try to find me, and I'll buy you a beer! (I'm going with the wife and the 2 older kids)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchbfd View Post
I know nothing about music
~ Mitch

Almanac

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-16-2011, 01:32 PM
smoothrider03's Avatar
smoothrider03 is offline
smoothrider03
Tripping Billie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Posts: 577
Default

Wish I was gonna be there! Too bad I'm stuck on campus without a car a few hours away
__________________
-Brian



Quote:
[Kim] 10:59 pm: come and relax now, lay your troubles down, no need to feel the weight of your worries just let them all fall away....goodnight
everybody!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-16-2011, 02:46 PM
sugar willie's Avatar
sugar willie is offline
sugar willie
Fire Dancer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,155
Default

Start hitchhiking now
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchbfd View Post
I know nothing about music
~ Mitch

Almanac

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-16-2011, 02:51 PM
smoothrider03's Avatar
smoothrider03 is offline
smoothrider03
Tripping Billie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bel Air, Maryland
Posts: 577
Default

Haha good point if I can make it part of the way I could hitch a ride with Joe or one of the Jens
__________________
-Brian



Quote:
[Kim] 10:59 pm: come and relax now, lay your troubles down, no need to feel the weight of your worries just let them all fall away....goodnight
everybody!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Kim's Avatar
Kim is offline
Kim
Media Road Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 15,997
Default

The chat is now closed.

Last edited by Kim; 09-19-2011 at 04:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-19-2011, 06:45 AM
sugar willie's Avatar
sugar willie is offline
sugar willie
Fire Dancer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,155
Default

Last night was great. Randall's was fantastic. Such easy in/out parking, the crowd was relatively small and very cool (Chicago seemed like a frat boy convention, last night had more of a laid back hippie vibe). My kids had a great time.

The show was very good. They took a lot of good tunes off the table by playing them the first 2 nights, so I was curious how the set would be. I was expecting a Time Bomb and Wathtower set closer or encore, as well as Can't Stop, so I was pleased to get none of those. Highlights for me were Stone opener, Warehouse (always), funky LITHOG jam, AB Intro, and the LIOG reprise, Halloween>Ants encore.


Definitely a great night overall.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchbfd View Post
I know nothing about music
~ Mitch

Almanac

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Grinchbfd's Avatar
Grinchbfd is offline
Grinchbfd
Fire Dancer
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Niagara Falls NY
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar willie View Post
Last night was great. Randall's was fantastic. Such easy in/out parking, the crowd was relatively small and very cool (Chicago seemed like a frat boy convention, last night had more of a laid back hippie vibe). My kids had a great time.

The show was very good. They took a lot of good tunes off the table by playing them the first 2 nights, so I was curious how the set would be. I was expecting a Time Bomb and Wathtower set closer or encore, as well as Can't Stop, so I was pleased to get none of those. Highlights for me were Stone opener, Warehouse (always), funky LITHOG jam, AB Intro, and the LIOG reprise, Halloween>Ants encore.


Definitely a great night overall.
Mitch -Set looked great - glad you and your family had a good time - stuff I'm reading - small crowds? How small?.....Nice you got a Halloween -never used to care for the song until I saw it live.
__________________
Shine your light while you got one
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-19-2011, 08:23 AM
sugar willie's Avatar
sugar willie is offline
sugar willie
Fire Dancer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,155
Default

Thanks Grinch. Surprised you weren't into Halloween initially, but yeah, seeing it live brings it to a new level.

As far as the crowds, from what I got from talking to people. Friday night was really small, I'm talking like only 8,000 people. Saturday was the biggest crowd by far, about 20,000. Last night was back down a bit to about the 15,000-17,000 range. I know they weren't the size crowds Coran Capshaw and RLM wanted, but for the concertgoers it was great.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchbfd View Post
I know nothing about music
~ Mitch

Almanac

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Dwill26's Avatar
Dwill26 is offline
Dwill26
Machead
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Not the East Coast
Posts: 7,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar willie View Post
Thanks Grinch. Surprised you weren't into Halloween initially, but yeah, seeing it live brings it to a new level.

As far as the crowds, from what I got from talking to people. Friday night was really small, I'm talking like only 8,000 people. Saturday was the biggest crowd by far, about 20,000. Last night was back down a bit to about the 15,000-17,000 range. I know they weren't the size crowds Coran Cap$haw and RLM wanted, but for the concertgoers it was great.
Fixed

Seriously set looked awesome. And small crowds make it that much better. Youre right about chicago. it was brutal. dudes and bros everywhere.
__________________
-Dan- MyAlmanac

I saw the Flying V Ukulele.

AWESOME old DMB YouTube videos...HERE!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You Know You're A DMB Fan When.... (merged) tiglet26 DMBc Discussion 1085 02-05-2014 10:01 PM
Island Getaway: DMB At Randall's Rob DMB Tour Discussion 6 04-25-2005 02:02 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.5
Copyright 2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Comments are owned by the poster. The rest is owned by WeeklyDavespeak.com. Stay cool.