Go Back   Weekly Davespeak - Dave Matthews Band Forums > General > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Old 09-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Kim
Media Road Crew

Default 09.18.11 | DMB Caravan New York (Randall's Island) | New York, NY - Sunday

The last stop of the Caravan tour is New York! Sunday's line-up features Elew, From Good Homes, Dave & Tim, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Ave, Josh Ritter & the Royal City Band, and Dave Matthews Band.

Here are links to: Official Caravan site, DMBAlmanac page
A meetup thread was not created for this show but this thread has had a lot of discussion by people attending.

Be sure to check out chat. Chat room opens at 7:00 PM ET (or the start of D&T's set) and will stay open through DMB's set. If you are new to the chat room, check out this before you enter.

Last edited by Kim; 09-13-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:07 PM
sugar willie
Fire Dancer

Woo Hoo! Sunday night is almost here. For anyone going, take a look at my profile picture and try to find me, and I'll buy you a beer! (I'm going with the wife and the 2 older kids)
~ Mitch

Almanac

Old 09-16-2011, 01:32 PM
smoothrider03
Tripping Billie

Wish I was gonna be there! Too bad I'm stuck on campus without a car a few hours away

Quote:
[Kim] 10:59 pm: come and relax now, lay your troubles down, no need to feel the weight of your worries just let them all fall away....goodnight
everybody!
Old 09-16-2011, 02:46 PM
sugar willie
Fire Dancer

Start hitchhiking now
~ Mitch

Almanac

Old 09-16-2011, 02:51 PM
smoothrider03
Tripping Billie

Haha good point if I can make it part of the way I could hitch a ride with Joe or one of the Jens

Quote:
[Kim] 10:59 pm: come and relax now, lay your troubles down, no need to feel the weight of your worries just let them all fall away....goodnight
everybody!
Old 09-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Kim
Media Road Crew

The chat is now closed.

Last edited by Kim; 09-19-2011 at 04:11 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:45 AM
sugar willie
Fire Dancer

Last night was great. Randall's was fantastic. Such easy in/out parking, the crowd was relatively small and very cool (Chicago seemed like a frat boy convention, last night had more of a laid back hippie vibe). My kids had a great time.

The show was very good. They took a lot of good tunes off the table by playing them the first 2 nights, so I was curious how the set would be. I was expecting a Time Bomb and Wathtower set closer or encore, as well as Can't Stop, so I was pleased to get none of those. Highlights for me were Stone opener, Warehouse (always), funky LITHOG jam, AB Intro, and the LIOG reprise, Halloween>Ants encore.

Definitely a great night overall.
~ Mitch

Almanac

Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Grinchbfd
Fire Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar willie View Post
Last night was great. Randall's was fantastic. Such easy in/out parking, the crowd was relatively small and very cool (Chicago seemed like a frat boy convention, last night had more of a laid back hippie vibe). My kids had a great time.

The show was very good. They took a lot of good tunes off the table by playing them the first 2 nights, so I was curious how the set would be. I was expecting a Time Bomb and Wathtower set closer or encore, as well as Can't Stop, so I was pleased to get none of those. Highlights for me were Stone opener, Warehouse (always), funky LITHOG jam, AB Intro, and the LIOG reprise, Halloween>Ants encore.

Definitely a great night overall.
Mitch -Set looked great - glad you and your family had a good time - stuff I'm reading - small crowds? How small?.....Nice you got a Halloween -never used to care for the song until I saw it live.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:23 AM
sugar willie
Fire Dancer

Thanks Grinch. Surprised you weren't into Halloween initially, but yeah, seeing it live brings it to a new level.

As far as the crowds, from what I got from talking to people. Friday night was really small, I'm talking like only 8,000 people. Saturday was the biggest crowd by far, about 20,000. Last night was back down a bit to about the 15,000-17,000 range. I know they weren't the size crowds Coran Capshaw and RLM wanted, but for the concertgoers it was great.
~ Mitch

Almanac

Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Dwill26
Machead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar willie View Post
Thanks Grinch. Surprised you weren't into Halloween initially, but yeah, seeing it live brings it to a new level.

As far as the crowds, from what I got from talking to people. Friday night was really small, I'm talking like only 8,000 people. Saturday was the biggest crowd by far, about 20,000. Last night was back down a bit to about the 15,000-17,000 range. I know they weren't the size crowds Coran Cap$haw and RLM wanted, but for the concertgoers it was great.
Fixed

Seriously set looked awesome. And small crowds make it that much better. Youre right about chicago. it was brutal. dudes and bros everywhere.

I saw the Flying V Ukulele.

AWESOME old DMB YouTube videos...HERE!