Go Back   Weekly Davespeak - Dave Matthews Band Forums > General > DMBc Discussion > DMB Tour Discussion

Old 03-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Cathy W
DMBc Road Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
Thoroughly confused.
I was able to get on around 10-- nothing but lawn seats available for Alpine for either day???? Really?
How many were you requesting? I had this same problem in 2010, and it was because there was a two ticket limit for all sections except lawn and I was requesting 3 tickets (yes big dummy over here... failed to read before I requested... )
Old 03-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Chicago
Tripping Billie

Always 2 ticket request with each attempt.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:12 AM
n3brown
Tripping Billie

Concerning Pit, I've had an awesome time in the pit at Noblesville. Maybe it was just a cool crowd, but everyone was just there to have a good time, respected each others space and there was no shoving/pushing. My husband and I were in the front row, and we were able to leave and come back a couple times before DMB took the stage and everyone was cool about not taking our spot (we would only go one at a time, though). Once the show started, I fully expected to get crushed into the guard rail, but everyone just stayed where they were. I even had a little room to dance!

Apline on the other hand, was not that way at all. I guess maybe because it's a more high profile venue? I don't know, but we got front row again, and people were constantly pushing me from behind (um, it doesn't matter how hard you push, I'm not going to move any further forward...) and at one point I could hear two girls behind me conspiring about how they were going to take my spot (I CAN FREAKING HEAR YOU!).

But regardless, we've gotten pit passes again this year. Honestly, I think the people are way more obnoxious on the lawn, and I would put up with all the crap in the pit any day to be mere feet from the band. But that's just me. It's a long ass day of waiting waiting and more waiting, followed by pushing, shoving, and more pushing and you are going to wish you could saw your feet off after the show, but in the end the question is how much are you willing to take?

I also want to point out that just because you have pit doesn't mean you have to subject yourself to all that. I know plenty of people who get pit and just hang towards the back. That option is a good one if you are tall.

I will be your Dixie Chicken
Old 03-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Kim
Media Road Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3brown View Post
Apline on the other hand, was not that way at all. I guess maybe because it's a more high profile venue? I don't know, but we got front row again, and people were constantly pushing me from behind (um, it doesn't matter how hard you push, I'm not going to move any further forward...) and at one point I could hear two girls behind me conspiring about how they were going to take my spot (I CAN FREAKING HEAR YOU!).
This is exactly what I experienced. Seriously, how drunk do you have to be to think you can talk about someone standing right next to you and they can't hear you? The girls next to us also tried complimenting us.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:25 AM
theponderousman
Badged

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3brown View Post

But regardless, we've gotten pit passes again this year. Honestly, I think the people are way more obnoxious on the lawn, and I would put up with all the crap in the pit any day to be mere feet from the band. But that's just me. It's a long ass day of waiting waiting and more waiting, followed by pushing, shoving, and more pushing and you are going to wish you could saw your feet off after the show, but in the end the question is how much are you willing to take?
Yeah, I would tend to agree with this part of the post. The front of lawn is pretty bad unless you're able to get into the WH lawn reserved, although after the show starts you still get the idiots. Good call
Old 03-12-2012, 10:55 AM
n3brown
Tripping Billie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theponderousman View Post
Yeah, I would tend to agree with this part of the post. The front of lawn is pretty bad unless you're able to get into the WH lawn reserved, although after the show starts you still get the idiots. Good call
We had WH lawn N1 at Alpine in 2010, and the second they took the fence down, all hell broke loose.

I will be your Dixie Chicken
Old 03-29-2012, 04:50 PM
Chicago
Tripping Billie

Help me out here folks-- what does the WH in WH lawn stand for?
Old 03-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Chicago
Tripping Billie

I saw Blues Traveler was going to be in Chicago July 9, and thought that could mean a John Popper guesting at Alpine, but unfortunately it looks like they have gigs elsewhere both nights:
http://www.bluestraveler.com/tour/

What exactly is the relationship between Popper and DMB these days? I've never caught a concert clip that he guested on.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Cathy W
DMBc Road Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
Help me out here folks-- what does the WH in WH lawn stand for?
Warehouse
Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 PM
MsEarth
Tripping Billie

Send a message via AIM to MsEarth Send a message via Yahoo to MsEarth
Default Obstructed view seats

Great thread. Lots of useful info!

Has anyone ever sat in the obstructed view seats in the back of section 202 (XX- the last row)? If so what is causing the obstruction, a beam or the sound area? Is the stage visible at all?

Thanks!