PDA

View Full Version : Steelers QB Hurt

seekupcanuck420
06-12-2006, 09:33 AM
Not sure if this has been posted yet but I found this onliune this morning.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/9493892

Not a big Steeler's fan but he is amazing to watch so hopefully he will get better quick.

djurzi
06-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Wow.. That really sucks. Mini Camp starts next month too. Hopefully it is nothing too serious! They are not really giving any great detail of his injuries.

seekupcanuck420
06-12-2006, 09:40 AM
No they are not so not sure how serious or minor it is, so hopefully something will be mentioned soon.

I wonder if one's contract can be voided for things such as this but I mean its a catch 22 with him leading them to the Super Bowl last year and then have this happen when any freak incident can occur and it can all be taken away.

djurzi
06-12-2006, 09:51 AM
I wonder if one's contract can be voided for things such as this but I mean its a catch 22 with him leading them to the Super Bowl last year and then have this happen when any freak incident can occur and it can all be taken away.

I don't know, but I doubt it.. Accidents happen.. Again I don't know how serious it is, but he is great shape.. if it is only minor injuries... he should bounce back in no time..

crmeza11
06-12-2006, 10:00 AM
lets go PATS!

dmbpjr41
06-12-2006, 10:07 AM
You know, it's really funny but I swear that I saw a little newscast about this samething just last season. It had him on it, he was being a little cocky about not wearing a helmet. I mean, I hope that he is okay but I still think that it is a little ironic. I think that they said that some people have it in their contract that they can't even ride if they are under contract....how interesting....Just a little input.

djurzi
06-12-2006, 01:14 PM
From the reports I am seeing... he is in pretty bad shape..but stable..

I can not image why he would not want to wear a helmet.. it just doesn't make sense... but yet.. he goes to work every sunday and he wears a helmet.. you think he would be used to it.. I really hope he pulls through this..

keving421
06-12-2006, 03:22 PM
From what I have heard he is in serious but stable condition. Apparently he has a broken jaw, lost some teeth, has some bad cuts, and messed up both of his knees pretty bad...

Eventhough i am a big bengals fan and i dont like the Steelers at all, my prayers are with Ben and i hope he can make a full recovery.

cubbies14
06-12-2006, 06:50 PM
I hate the Steelers, but I am really sad to hear of this. I work in Law Enforcement and know alot about motorcycle wrecks. Ben stated he didn't wear a helmet because he is a safe rider. This never matters when the other guy isn't safe. I pray for his speedy recovery.

(name)
06-12-2006, 11:47 PM
You know, it's really funny but I swear that I saw a little newscast about this samething just last season. It had him on it, he was being a little cocky about not wearing a helmet. .

Yeah. I remember that newscast. I also remember that after it, Terry Bradshaw told him something like, "Don't ride that thing until you've retired."

To quote Alanis Morissette, "It's the good advice that you just didn't take."

Charles
06-13-2006, 04:35 AM
Its a shame that it had to happen but he can only blame himself. Anyone that rides and not wears a helmet is crazy.

djurzi
06-15-2006, 11:17 AM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/9508177

He was released from the hospital today. He is a lucky guy.. He has some recovery to do, but he will play football again.

cubbies14
06-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Yeah...that's great for the Steelers...their backup is Charlie Batch!!!

dancerkate69
06-15-2006, 02:08 PM
He was released from the hospital today. He is a lucky guy.. He has some recovery to do, but he will play football again.

It's funny, because he snuck out of the hospital in the middle of the night to escape from the press. Just found that kinda comical.
But yeah, my grandpap lives about 5 minutes from the tunnel which he crashed at..and he said that it was crazy. But he's very lucky that he didn't get seriously hurt.
I still love my hometown Steelers even if their quarterback is stupid. :)