PDA

View Full Version : Problems with anyone who owns an I-Pod

spoonInspoon
05-29-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm glad i still stick with old fashioned CD Technology, I'll never go I-pod. I love cd's and Burning "FREE" music ( yes i still purchase cd's as well). Plus I've had the same Panasonic portable CD player since 1999,Still hasen't broke and works like a damn charm! batteries rarely need to be replaced as well. In an age of mass consumerism, they don't make things like they used to. the companies want our PS2's and x-box's and cell phones to break fast... so ya can throw money down for a new one or pay out the ass for a warranty or some bunk insurance policy.

http://money.aol.com/smoney/general/canvas3/_a/10-things-your-ipod-wont-tell-you/20060511110909990001

John
05-29-2006, 07:08 PM
"old-fashioned CD technology" = a sign of the times :lol:

Wrong thread. About this never going iPod business, let's not be a stick in the mud, huh? There are plenty of crappy CD players out there, and I remember when a portable one was not cheap and when they were very fragile (and when they skipped like crazy), yet everybody and their dog bought one of those back then. Same with iPods. It's just a cycle that is part of technology, and iPods are no special exception. "Mass consumerism" is certainly nothing new; it's just prevalent in electronics nowadays. Almost everything's meant to be disposable. If you're not going to buy things that are tainted by this mass consumerism, then you'll find there's not a whole lot left to buy.

Besides, why do we have to pick between iPods and CDs? I burn plenty of CDs, I buy at least one or two new ones every month, and I own an iPod filled with music. As far as listening to music is concerned, I say spend what you can afford. I'm sure most people realize that a $200 iPod is not going to last forever. Like I said, they're disposable. Hell, some times they're obsolete before they break down. My iPod mini is, and it's just now a year old. Computers are the same way, yet I'm sure you own one of those. You just have to keep everything in perspective, and not depend on AOL for information. :biggrin:

Bryan
05-29-2006, 07:21 PM
im 100% pleased with my ipod....there will always be nay-sayers...but once you have an ipod, you wont want to go back.

[cue Rob with his anti-ipod rant]

onesuiteworld
05-29-2006, 07:42 PM
i <3 my ipod.

ive had it for about a year and a half, and its running like new. sure, its the U2 version, and not color or video, but it does exactly what i need it to do. and because of my computer problems, it is the only place where i have individual dmb mp3s, not shows (about 1000 songs). ipods are great. apple are assholes, but damn, do they make a good product.

theponderousman
05-29-2006, 07:56 PM
I have a Dell 15 gig Jukebox (basically the same thing as an iPod) and REALLY enjoy it, although I don't listen to it everywhere I go, mainly working out, on a flight or at a v-ball tourney warming up. When I'm in my car, it's pure DMB cds :) And yes, I have an FM transmitter, but I honestly don't want to hassle moving my DMB Show cds to MP3s just for my jukebox. That, and I haven't found a really good FM transmitter ...

It's well worth the money though, I'll never go to a portable anything other than it

keving421
06-21-2006, 10:32 AM
I just bought an iPod last week and i can not get video onto it. I downloaded various stuff from the Internet such as SNL celebrity jeopardies and such, they show up onto iTunes but will not transfer over onto the iPod. Any suggestions???

onesuiteworld
06-21-2006, 07:21 PM
i have the old school no color no photo/video or anything. sorry, cant help.

Alice
06-21-2006, 07:26 PM
even if the videos play in your itunes i think they still have to be in a mp4 format to get them onto your ipod. i've got one of the video ipods (which i <3 by the way) but i've never put videos on it, just photos...

onesuiteworld
06-21-2006, 07:27 PM
im mad. i filled up my ipod. im out of room. 20 GB. what do i do now???

John
06-21-2006, 07:30 PM

You cycle stuff out. There's no way you're listening to everything on there regularly. That's what I do. I have to. My little piddly one holds 4 GB. iPod Mini. Represent.

Alice
06-21-2006, 07:31 PM
get rid of stuff:lol: surely you can't listen to it all! i've filled up about 22 of my 30 gigs (but that's including pictures)

onesuiteworld
06-21-2006, 07:54 PM
but i dont wanna permanently delete things

HLShivers
06-21-2006, 07:58 PM
IPODs = The Devil

tiglet26
06-21-2006, 08:12 PM
I have to. My little piddly one holds 4 GB. iPod Mini. Represent.

Mini here too....I really want to upgrade, but it's not worth the money....I haven't even used it in a while....I think I need to replace some songs before next weekend....is it sad that all but about 20 songs on it is Dave or DMB?:biggrin:

keving421
06-21-2006, 09:28 PM
even if the videos play in your itunes i think they still have to be in a mp4 format to get them onto your ipod.

any idea how to get them into mp4 format??

k3N70n
06-21-2006, 09:39 PM
lossless. no more needs to be said!:thumbsup:

keep ur panasonic. save your money or buy more cd's.
cd's are still the shit.:thumbsup: until i here HIGER SOUND QUALITY (not lower sound quality like damn mp3) i'll keep my cd's (all 500 of them)

...[cue Rob with his anti-ipod rant]i guess i beat him. i'm well known around my friends for my anti-ipod rants. i'd also hafta say if ur gonna go with an mp3 player there's no reason to choose an ipod. i'd go with sony but at least take the time to look around.

also you might want to look at MD players. North America is pretty much the only place where ppl go crazy of mp3 players. the rest of the world goes with md's. again i'm gonna say sony makes a good cheap and very reliable md player

on a similar note i hate how ppl go on and on about all the things their ipod does and why there so damn great. for those ppl so far my phone also does all those things (vid's, pics, data, shitty mp3's etc). i'm not saying get a phone instead i'm just saying shut up about your damn ipod.

johnson111
06-21-2006, 10:13 PM
my Ipods fine, so i dont no why you need to piss and moan about it!!!!!!
I still buy CDS though, I just have an Ipod cause guess what...im coo!!!!!mmmmkay!

John
06-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Like I said earlier, it doesn't have to be iPod (or any .mp3 player) vs. CDs. I love my CDs AND my iPod, blasphemous as that may seem. I have wayyy too many CDs, in fact. But there are lots of places where it's more convenient to have an .mp3 player than a CD player. Plus, I have to worry about scratches and stuff with CDs, their biggest drawback to me. Not so with iPods. I'm willing to sacrifice lossless quality for that convenience. Plus, I don't have carry around 75 CDs; instead, it's all in one spot.

That said, I rarely use my iPod. Mainly because, now that the Mini is obsolete, it's too darn expensive to find/buy all the equipment for them. That's my biggest complaint. I remember when I first got it, I had to charge it through my computer because it didn't even come with an adapter, which really pissed me off at the time.

In conclusion, it's not an either/or scenario. It's nice to have options, if you can afford them. I think a lot of people hate iPods just because they're so popular.

onesuiteworld
06-22-2006, 06:25 AM
i'm just saying shut up about your damn ipod.hey, ipod haters started this thread. shut up about your damn ipod hating. you know its cool and wish you had one!:lol:

jackjack
06-22-2006, 08:24 PM
I like keving421 just came from the cd age to the ipod age. I bought a 2g, I can't imagine placing all of my music on the ipod. I primarily bought it so I can listen to my DMB songs while working out, walking the dog etc... I'll have my boyfriend load the songs for me. I haven't a clue what to do.

k3N70n
06-22-2006, 08:40 PM
k i gotta go to poker game then i'm coming back and starting my own ipod haters thread

EDIT: 1111POSTs! seems more exciting to me then 1000
cya

onesuiteworld
06-22-2006, 09:09 PM
http://www.weeklydavespeak.com/forums/showthread.php?p=137698#post137698

spoonInspoon
06-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Ipods suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

joeflow44
07-11-2006, 06:55 PM
any idea how to get them into mp4 format??

right click on the video in itunes and choose "convert selection for ipod"

Trippin_dreamgirl
07-12-2006, 10:12 AM
does anyone else get their 'free' music and then just add that folder to Itunes? Whenever I dl a song from this site I save it to a folder on my comp then after I've dl'd everything I want I add that folder to Itunes. I just got an Ipod so I'm trying to figure the beast out!