PDA

View Full Version : Goldman Prize Recipients Awarded

wired
05-17-2006, 04:47 PM
i just thought this was so incredibly wonderful, that i had to share. a testament to the power we have at a grassroots level to effect change on the world. a close family friend recently won the Goldman Environmental Prize for North America. craig is an amazing man and i'm just incredibly proud to be called a friend.

you can read about craig's work here (he has done an amazing service for our community... and i must add, has been working for a pittance in this labor of love for years):
http://www.goldmanprize.org/node/197

The Goldman Environmental Prize is the world's largest prize honoring grassroots environmentalists.

Founded in 1990 by Richard and Rhoda Goldman, the Goldman Environmental Prize annually awards US$125,000 to environmental heroes from each of the world's six inhabited continental regions.

edit: and do take a look at the video - it is just so amazing what craig has done (and you get to see a bit of the area we live in).

dmdbmb
05-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Pretty impressive. Just another example of how the Gov. likes to cut corners to save money.

wired
05-17-2006, 08:28 PM
the really frightening thing is that we are 40 minutes away from the depot and we have a manual about what to do in case of a chemical weapons breach. we really should have gas masks. a sobering thought.

onesuiteworld
05-17-2006, 08:52 PM
the really frightening thing is that we are 40 minutes away from the depot and we have a manual about what to do in case of a chemical weapons breach. we really should have gas masks. a sobering thought.

wow. your no longer allowed to call my city dangerous:lol:

thats interesting, and it sounds like your friend did some good work:):thumbsup: