PDA

View Full Version : Albany's Pepsi Get's a Name Change

Dave L
05-05-2006, 02:51 AM
The Pepsi Arena, which opened in January 1990 as the Knickerbocker Arena, is home to Siena Saints basketball, the Albany River Rats of the American Hockey League and the Albany Conquest arena football team. More importantly to locals interested in performances, a decent concert venue surrounded by lots of great eateries and bars.
The Pepsi Arena will become the Times Union Center on Jan. 1, under a 10-year agreement announced Thursday by Albany County Executive Mike Breslin and the newspaper's publisher, Mark E. Aldam.(TU) The cost to throw your name up on the Marquee? $3.5 million over 10 yrs. Not a bad income for the County.
Ticketing will be available through Tickets.com, via a link on the paper's website, timesunion.com.

The Time's article can be found here (http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=478669&category=ALBANY&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=5/5/2006).

Charles
05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
The Pepsi Arena is a nice arena too. I went there to see the River Rats play against the Worcester Ice Cats back in 96. I was a big fan of the AHL up until 00 season. I used to have season tickets to the Ice cats and I was able to get some great signitures of some stars now.