PDA

View Full Version : Stop The Canadian Seal Hunt

onesuiteworld
03-26-2006, 07:08 AM
usually i'm a big fan of canada. but not now

http://www.stopthesealhunt.com/site/pp.asp?c=hmKYJeNVJtF&b=369143

Hundreds of thousands of baby seals will be clubbed or shot without mercy this year aloneóan annual harp seal slaughter subsidized by the Canadian government.

95% of the harp seals killed are less than 3 months old. Many will be left to die under the ice . . . some baby seals may even be skinned alive

The majority of Canadians oppose the seal hunt, but are forced to pay for it.
Hunting harp seals is not justified by economic or environmental reasons. Itís driven by votes.
Scientists agree that the size of this

hunt puts the harp seal population

at risk.
its just so sad

onesuiteworld
03-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Also, if anyone would like, there is a petition to sign here (http://www.furisdead.com/feat-pampetition.asp).

Unfortunatly, it is spearheaded by Pamela Anderson, but its through PETA, so i guess its good

wired
03-26-2006, 07:16 AM
aiyah, how barbaric. thanks for posting this matt - i'm signing the petition, too.

djurzi
03-26-2006, 07:40 AM
This is just wrong. I signed the petition.

Shannon
03-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Some people, I swear, are part of some sub-human species unlike the rest of us.

HLShivers
03-27-2006, 03:50 AM
I remember watching a video on seal hunting not too long ago and I was bawling my eyes out. I don't see how those people can sleep at night the way they treat these poor animals. Why people seem to think animals deserve this kind of treatment is beyond me. I bet if they knew how it felt, they'd think twice.

wired
03-27-2006, 06:47 AM
I bet if they knew how it felt, they'd think twice.

you would think, heather. but unfortunately, humans have the capacity for great cruelness and many people lack empathy and compassion - we often treat other human beings not much different than we treat the animals on this planet.

sad, sad sad.

(and i saw a documentary on the clubbing of baby seals a loooong time ago - it made me throw up.)

onesuiteworld
03-27-2006, 04:50 PM
this all reminds me of a horrible joke i was told many years ago:

Q: What is a seal's least favorite thing to do on a Saturday night?

A: Go clubbin'

Shannon
04-01-2006, 05:53 PM
(and i saw a documentary on the clubbing of baby seals a loooong time ago - it made me throw up.)

Did you actually toss your cookies?

spoonInspoon
04-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Ugh- petition signed. I seen this on TV as well, screwed up