PDA

View Full Version : FOX Buys Myspace!

onesuiteworld
03-07-2006, 06:03 PM
oh god

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--News Corporation announced today that it signed a definitive agreement to acquire Intermix Media, Inc. for approximately $580 million in cash, or the equivalent of $12 per common share. In a separate transaction, Intermix announced today that it exercised its option to acquire the 47 percent of MySpace.com that it does not already own. MySpace.com is the leading lifestyle portal for networking online. Both MySpace.com and Intermix's more than 30 sites will become part of News Corporation's newly formed Fox Interactive Media unit.

article continues... (http://www.boycott-riaa.com/article/17571)

i dont know what to say

not sure when this happened, but i found out, thinking it was recent

tiglet26
03-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Well, that article has a July 2005 date, so I guess we've been using a FOX site for sometime now!

wired
03-07-2006, 08:07 PM
oy veh.

djurzi
03-07-2006, 08:15 PM
..thinking it was recent

I guess not :lol:

Although I was unaware of this, so thanks for the news...

theponderousman
03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Yup, it's been owned by them for a while...and it continues to grow and grow and grow....it's unfortunate though how so many people use it, and then once they find out it's owned by a company that they have ill feelings for, their own perception changes. I think this will be an exception to the rule of potential 'influences'. The way this thing has continued to progress (MySpace) is amazing and leads me to believe that the Board/Executive team is staying out of trying to control it too much. Good move on their part.

I'd recommend giving them a chance...

Christian

MikeyCarson
03-11-2006, 08:14 PM
There not going to mess with a good thing....since this happen in '05 and I signed up this year.....I see no change....not like they are trying to influence the site with there stuff....not even a commercial for one of they're shows....If I were them I would be using it more to my advantage sooo....good for them for simply owning and not influencing