01-19-2006, 02:53 PM
yikes!

onesuiteworld
01-19-2006, 05:13 PM
i forgot why i hated swimming

thank you

wired
01-19-2006, 05:22 PM
oh wow, that is incredibly awesome! i think it is interesting how they are called "pests" when in fact we are the ones invading their territory. i hate that.

onesuiteworld
01-19-2006, 05:26 PM
i think it is interesting how they are called "pests" when in fact we are the ones invading their territory. i hate that.

http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbs_up.gif

djurzi
01-19-2006, 05:43 PM
I would not want to come across that thing!!

wired
01-19-2006, 05:46 PM
I would not want to come across that thing!!

i actually would. i have a weird fascination with things like that. sort of like snakes. they always seem to draw me closer... and it is much more interesting than, say, seeing a whale. i mean, how many opportunities do you get to see a giant jellyfish? they are really incredible creatures. (yes, i think we all realize by now i'm a bit touched...)

djurzi
01-19-2006, 05:54 PM
Well, I agree with you there.. seeing it would be very cool, but what I really meant was, If I happen to be swiming along and that SOB came near me, I would start freaking out.

wired
01-19-2006, 06:03 PM
i can understand that. just think of the adrenaline rush, though. i was snorkling once in the florida keys and got way out around a reef away from everyone chasing some fish when i looked around to find i was right in the middle of a school of barracuda. god, that was awesome. now, sharks i would have a problem with, but that jellyfish...

djurzi
01-19-2006, 06:07 PM
I have been snorkling as well and it is really cool. It is fun to see the fish.

MikeyCarson
01-19-2006, 08:18 PM
"Taking on the Jellies...You've got serious thrill issues dude!!!"

Alice
01-19-2006, 08:18 PM
I have been snorkling as well and it is really cool. It is fun to see the fish.

i've been snorkeling in bermuda - talk about incredible!!!

wired
01-19-2006, 08:19 PM

wow, i'd love to go to bermuda. i can only imagine how cool that was, alice! i could go for the caribbean right about now...

wired
01-19-2006, 08:20 PM
"Taking on the Jellies...You've got serious thrill issues dude!!!"

yeah, chirs. seriously! :lol:

MikeyCarson
01-19-2006, 08:26 PM
djurzi = Chris
MikeyCarson = Damian
------------------------------
Nice to meet you!

Alice
01-19-2006, 08:26 PM
wow, i'd love to go to bermuda. i can only imagine how cool that was, alice! i could go for the caribbean right about now...

my aunt and uncle used to live there - i would love to go back!!!

Alice
01-19-2006, 08:29 PM
djurzi = Chris
MikeyCarson = Damian
------------------------------
Nice to meet you!

you'll have to forgive carrie, she's been in the wine tonight :lol: i on the other hand don't confuse ya'll cause i've actually met ya'll!

wired
01-19-2006, 08:32 PM
^^^^ rotflol! thank you both very much for the clarification. i thought he was referring to chrs having thrill issues... i did not know he was referring to himself. so there. :p

Shannon
01-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Damn that thing is awesome. I want one.

wired
01-19-2006, 09:33 PM
^^^^ lol. wouldn't it be cool, though?

Shannon
01-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Definitely. I went swimming with salt water fish and dolphins last summer, and it was awesome. A jellyfish bigger than I am would be sweet.

wired
01-19-2006, 09:46 PM
i'm glad to see someone else has a little bit of an adventurer in them, too. i must not be *that* weird.

Shannon
01-19-2006, 09:54 PM
If I could, I would do nearly anything. But there are certain things, such as parents, which prohibit such things from occuring. The greater the risk, the greater the fun. Learned that in economics...or something like that...the greater the risk, the greater the gain. Same stuff, though.

wired
01-19-2006, 09:57 PM
lol! i used to be like that, too. oddly, now that i have kids, i feel a certain responsibility to stay alive to take care of them. don't know how *that* happened. my motto always used to be "i'll try anything once." okay, well, there were caveats, but i was game for most things. even spent a night in jail, once, lol. that was quite the adventure and most unreasonable, but there you are. :lol: (and i must say that 16 years later, my parents still do not know about that little incident, lol.)

Shannon
01-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Well, jail is not on my list of to-do's. But other things, like skydiving and jumping off cliffs, are. Man...I bet there's nothing like falling from that high up.

wired
01-19-2006, 10:10 PM
it wasn't exactly on mine, either, lol, (nor on our friend's who was getting ready to get into med school). but it was a very interesting experience. it was nothing serious, but campus cops like to pretend they are real policemen and, well, it was just stupid.

i've never done either of those, but i did go hang gliding in the andes. it was enough for me, lol. boy, i wish i had my scanner working - i have a couple of incredible pictures.

Shannon
01-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Hang gliding would be awesome. We've drifted from jellyfish yet again. Jellyfish are crazy creatures, though. Around for so long, and so simple. They'll be around long after we've all died out.

wired
01-19-2006, 10:16 PM
yes, sorry. i like jellyfish.

dmdbmb
01-19-2006, 10:18 PM
SaweeeeeT!

Shannon
01-19-2006, 10:20 PM
Some jellyfish are freaky though. They're all translucent and those weird long tendril things. Crazy little buggers.

wired
01-19-2006, 10:24 PM
lol! i think i need sleep. :lol:

djurzi
01-20-2006, 04:19 AM

It is an experience. Lots of fun :thumbsup:

djurzi
01-20-2006, 04:21 AM
yeah, chirs. seriously! :lol:

and you spelled my name wrong anyway.. :lol:

wired
01-20-2006, 06:21 AM
damn the wine! :lol:

jellyfish. jellyfish are good.

HLShivers
01-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Well, jail is not on my list of to-do's.

Shannon, everyone should be arrested at least once. It makes for good story time when you get old.

As for that jellyfish, how come he isn't all glowy and stuff like the smaller ones? That would be awesome to see something that huge glowing in the water! Why doesn't anything cool ever pop up in America?

wired
01-20-2006, 07:21 AM
well, only some jellyfish are phosphorescent anyway. usually the ones found in the very deep sea are... maybe these don't come from very deep waters.

Shannon
01-29-2006, 09:57 PM
Shannon, everyone should be arrested at least once. It makes for good story time when you get old.

As for that jellyfish, how come he isn't all glowy and stuff like the smaller ones? That would be awesome to see something that huge glowing in the water! Why doesn't anything cool ever pop up in America?

Hahaha...I don't know what I'd even get arrested for...:lol:

well, only some jellyfish are phosphorescent anyway. usually the ones found in the very deep sea are... maybe these don't come from very deep waters.

You are the jellyfish expert! :thumbsup:

wired
01-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Hahaha...I don't know what I'd even get arrested for...:lol:

well, heather suggested she'd like to get arrested for something memorable, so i suggested dancing on the tables of a favorite little bar until she was hauled away. one of her ideas involved streaking... not a bad one if you don't mind being handcuffed naked and sitting on vinyl all the way to the station. :lol:

You are the jellyfish expert! :thumbsup:

oh yes, that is me. i have a DJF (doctorate in jellyfish for you uninitiated souls), something i'm sure you did not realize. however, my vast knowledge tends to sort of shine through and make itself obvious... alas, it cannot be helped. :lol: :lol: :lol: