PDA

View Full Version : British Woman Weds Dolphin

LibbyAnn
01-03-2006, 07:12 PM
oohhh you have got to be kidding!!!

I love the last line!:lol:

British woman weds dolphin

December 30, 2005 - 8:27AM

British tourist Sharon Tendler has finally made her dream match - by "marrying" a dolphin she has been visiting for 15 years in the Israeli resort of Eilat, the mass-circulation Yediot Ahronot daily reported.

Tendler, 41, has been visiting the city on the Gulf of Aqaba two or three times a year to spend time with her 35-year-old underwater sweetheart.

"The peace and tranquility under water, and his love, would calm me down," the Israeli daily quoted her as saying.

Last week Tendler finally plucked up the courage to ask the dolphin's trainer for the mammal's fin in marriage.

The wedding took place Wednesday, with the bride, wearing a white dress and watched by amazed spectators, walking down the dock to where the groom was waiting in the water.

She kissed him, to the cheers of the spectators and then, after the ceremony was sealed with some mackerels, was tossed into the water so she could swim away with her new husband.

"I'm the happiest girl on earth," the bride was quoted as saying.

"I made a dream come true. And I am not a pervert."

DPA

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/british-woman-weds-dolphin/2005/12/30/1135732717451.html

dmdbmb
01-03-2006, 07:34 PM
This is so ridiculous I honestly can't comment on it.

onesuiteworld
01-03-2006, 07:46 PM
theyre so advanced. they let you marry a dolphin, and here we fight over the sanctity of marriage!

LibbyAnn
01-03-2006, 07:49 PM
ooohhh please!!! The British are "advanced" because they let a woman marry a dolphin? Now whether I agree or not with gay marriage is not my current discussion but if you had said they are "advanced" because they allowed Sir Elton John and other gays to get married so be it but, come on!!!! A dolphin?????? Puhlease!!!!!!

Alice
01-03-2006, 07:53 PM
not a pervert my ass :lol:

wired
01-03-2006, 08:05 PM
not a pervert my ass :lol:

well, they aren't renowned for their... well, like the, say, donkey. i mean, that would be a no-brainer. i love dolphins, but something tells me they may not be extremely satisfying in a relationship. she'd have been better off with a goat (from what i've read, of course... really).

LibbyAnn
01-03-2006, 08:12 PM
well, they aren't renowned for their... well, like the, say, donkey. i mean, that would be a no-brainer. i love dolphins, but something tells me they may not be extremely satisfying in a relationship. she'd have been better off with a goat (from what i've read, of course... really).

OMG Carrie!!! This made me laugh out loud!!!!:lol:

Alice
01-03-2006, 08:12 PM

dave likes goats :lol:

dmdbmb
01-03-2006, 08:14 PM
well, they aren't renowned for their... well, like the, say, donkey. i mean, that would be a no-brainer. i love dolphins, but something tells me they may not be extremely satisfying in a relationship. she'd have been better off with a goat (from what i've read, of course... really).No comment :lol:

dmdbmb
01-03-2006, 08:15 PM
dave likes goats :lol:we had better start differenciating (sp) between Daves or I'm gonna have to get crunk up in this peice....

*baffled*

if you are talking about me then we are gonna have to have talk.....:lol:

Alice
01-03-2006, 08:19 PM
we had better start differenciating (sp) between Daves or I'm gonna have to get crunk up in this peice....

*baffled*

if you are talking about me then we are gonna have to have talk.....:lol:

sorry dave, the OTHER dave likes goats :lol:

wired
01-03-2006, 08:32 PM
dave likes goats :lol:

doesn't everyone... :confused:

wired
01-03-2006, 08:38 PM
... unless, of course, you mean that dave *really* likes goats. well, then... i mean, they *are* a pretty randy lot. i mean, unless you've walked a mile in another's shoes, it is best to refrain from judgment. the main thing is that we are talking consensual. it MUST BE CONSENSUAL.

onesuiteworld
01-03-2006, 09:08 PM
ooohhh please!!! The British are "advanced" because they let a woman marry a dolphin? Now whether I agree or not with gay marriage is not my current discussion but if you had said they are "advanced" because they allowed Sir Elton John and other gays to get married so be it but, come on!!!! A dolphin?????? Puhlease!!!!!!

it was sarcastic! haha, im just kidding. its absurd:lol::lol::lol:

PtDragon
01-03-2006, 11:42 PM

This from awoman who loves a Dragon. OOPS that's me .....never mind :):boings:

djurzi
01-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Crazy..yes, but this is a crazy world we live in.. Thank you for the laugh:lol:

HLShivers
01-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Goats are awesome!
Silly british people - Don't they know you can't marry an animal?
As for this woman - She's nuts. Seriously, did anyone watch the video of the "wedding"? You can tell she's still having flash backs from the 60's. I'm thinking she's still tripping from some bad acid. :lol: Oh and she made the statement that they (her and the dolphin) had agreed on having an open marriage. She said she was perfectly fine with him going off and playing with the other dolphin ladies but when she was present it was to be all about her.

MikeyCarson
01-04-2006, 08:30 PM
Silly british people - Don't they know you can't marry an animal?

At least it was a mammal!

Honeymoon wise....If she asks the trainers permission then it's not considered rape right?!?!?! (Although a male dolphin might be to embarrassed to go to the authorities on this.)

onesuiteworld
01-04-2006, 08:35 PM
^^^^^ahahahhahaahahahahha

purplehaze18
01-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I quit.

thebestofwhatsaround77
01-06-2006, 09:04 PM
She said she was perfectly fine with him going off and playing with the other dolphin ladies but when she was present it was to be all about her.

a dolphin cheating on a human? and we think we're better than animals....

RANDOM FACT: The only two creatures on this earth that fornicate for pleasure are humans (obviously) and dolphins

PtDragon
01-06-2006, 09:13 PM
RANDOM FACT: The only two creatures on this earth that fornicate for pleasure are humans (obviously) and dolphins

And DRAGONS lmao

thebestofwhatsaround77
01-08-2006, 03:15 PM
And DRAGONS lmao

HAHAHAHAHAHA

wired
01-08-2006, 10:12 PM

actually, there *is* one other species of primate that does so for pleasure - including same-sex interactions on occasion depending on the mood of the monkey. i wish i could remember the name of them... there was a fascinating article in Discover magazine about them many years ago.

Shannon
01-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Oh my.

Shannon
01-10-2006, 09:54 PM
actually, there *is* one other species of primate that does so for pleasure - including same-sex interactions on occasion depending on the mood of the monkey. i wish i could remember the name of them... there was a fascinating article in Discover magazine about them many years ago.

The bonobo monkey. There was a Davespeak a while back about them.

wired
01-10-2006, 10:06 PM
The bonobo monkey. There was a Davespeak a while back about them.

YES! thanks shannon - that was driving me crazy. it was a really interesting study. gee, dave and i read the same stuff. gosh, i feel... special. :biggrin:

thebestofwhatsaround77
01-12-2006, 06:50 PM
oh thanks....i hadn't heard about that.....it sounds pretty weird.....

Shannon
01-23-2006, 07:19 PM
YES! thanks shannon - that was driving me crazy. it was a really interesting study. gee, dave and i read the same stuff. gosh, i feel... special. :biggrin:

Here's the link for that Davespeak.

http://www.weeklydavespeak.com/wdextra/archive/wdextra_042505.php

wired
01-23-2006, 07:27 PM
thanks, shannon! i'm looking forward to hearing it. :thumbsup:

OneJen4U
02-22-2006, 11:14 AM
Hmmm lol

Like that could really work ...