PDA

View Full Version : Apple pie to DRINK

CrazyEazy
12-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Hello all, I was going through some things and came upon a widely shared drink out there called APPLE PIE. Now there are all kinds of ways to make it but here is my recipe that works great. You can always cut it back some or even double the batch its all up to you but a bit of a warning its sweet and packs a PUNCH!!!!

2 gallon apple cider
1 gallon apple juice
1 cup Honey
1 cup brown sugar
7 cinnamon sticks
can of apple pie spice1 bottle EverClear (750 ml)
(you can you less or more)

Heat first 6 ingredients to a rolling boil to dissolve all brown sugar, then bring it to a simmer and let it cook for 2 hours making sure all the brown sugar is dissolved. Turn off stove, then pour in EverClear and let mix cool. Once cooled, bottle mix including or not the cinnamon sticks. The longer you leave it bottled the better the end results. You can drink it that day though. Serve hot or chilled or on the rocks.

Good Luck have fun. REMEMBER let it sit longer and it will only get better.

Chris

Brandon
12-07-2004, 10:09 AM
YES, that stuff is great. I think the time I had it, it was a little different recipe. Def. gets you going. You might be an alcoholic if...you spend hours making your drinks. But, of course, if you've ever been busted by your univeristy for alcohol and had to take one of those damn classes...we are all alcoholics...

Proudest Monkey
12-07-2004, 10:11 AM
beej...you would be the first to respond to that post!!!!!!

Brandon
12-07-2004, 10:20 AM
beej...you would be the first to respond to that post!!!!!!
haha..and you'd be the second..

cough..cough..Who's usually sittin' next to me at the bar at 3am?

Proudest Monkey
12-07-2004, 10:26 AM
ya ya, well, let's not go into details.......more importantly, back to the whole idea of this thread, i've never had that drink before. we're gonna have to try to concoct a little of our own next time you're in town.....

Alice
12-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Oh this sounds fun Im gonna have to try it! Im always a fan of anything with alcohol in it :boings:

Dave L
12-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Mmmmmmmmm Pie..........aaaaggghghghghghh

CrazyEazy
12-09-2004, 06:24 AM
Made my first batch of the year last night needed 2 pots for it but i have it bottled and waiting. ill let it sit in the cold garage for about a week to 2 weeks and then open it up for the holidays. I might be making more tonight though with 1 gallon and a half of apple cider though we will see. i couldnt find any apple pie spice anyone know where i can pick that type of stuff up at???

Chris

Jake W
12-15-2004, 02:23 AM
That's the coolest recipe I've ever seen. I am soooooooooo trying this.

Dave L
12-15-2004, 02:28 AM
I am too, but I've got a batch of beer to brew that I've been procrastinating since before Thanksgiving, so it's not looking so good!:lol:

Jake W
12-15-2004, 02:53 AM
On second thought, I'll just make a smiley man.

aaa:lol:
:thumbsup: :fluff: :thumbsdow
aaa:kiss:
aa:tinypeng: :tinypeng:

FYI, the staff here at WeeklyDavespeak.com does not believe in sleep. We diligently work 24 hours a day to bring you the most up to date information about DMB, and we absolutely love what we do. It's just so rewarding to be able to...I...I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!!!! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE. I'VE BEEN LOCKED AWAY IN A BASEMENT FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS. ROB FORCES US TO STAY HERE!!! HE DOESN'T FEED US, AND FORCES US TO LISTEN TO NSYNC IF WE DISOBEY HIM!!!! PLEASE HELP...

^Best damned apple pie I've ever had

GraveDiggingADitch
12-15-2004, 07:57 AM
well, if ur trapped in the basement and have some extra apple pie after making the drinks.... im sure you can figure something else to do with it to keep you feelin alright..... "Its like warm apple pie"..... u know.......uve seen the movie...

OlivePoet
12-21-2004, 08:37 PM
THIS sounds like a great recipe!!