PDA

View Full Version : When do you (if you do) put up your tree?

MikeyCarson
11-21-2005, 07:46 PM
OK, here it is three days till Thanksgiving...Christmas (at least at the store I work at) has been forced down peoples thoats for about two months now...but it's still more than a month away.

My daughter goes to her friends house tonight (I lost track of time wanted her home in bed at 8 and it was 8:15 when I get her at the house) she begs me to stay ten minutes later because THEY ARE PUTTING UP THEIR CHRISTMAS TREE :confused:

A bit early for my tastes...I'll prob shoot for 2 weeks from now (my wife will prob get the itch 2 days after Thanksgiving and have at least the tree up by the time I get home) What about the rest of you?

Charles
11-21-2005, 08:10 PM
well I was talking to another dmb fan today and her family is putting up their christmas decorations today.. Not sure if the tree is including I would assume so.. But usually me and my mom put up the tree a few days after turkey day. But since im moving shortly after turkey day me and my friend Rich are going to put up a sketchy charlie Brown christmas tree in the house around the the first or second week of December. should be cool.

Alice
11-21-2005, 08:10 PM
i've asked my parents if they could put their tree up this weekend while i'm home for thanksgiving. i don't think my dad is too crazy about the idea but my mom seems to like it. my grandma always has her tree up (along with everything else christmas related) by 9 a.m. the day after thanksgiving

MikeyCarson
11-21-2005, 08:14 PM
my grandma always has her tree up (along with everything else christmas related) by 9 a.m. the day after thanksgiving
:lol: ...."and not a second later!"

Alice
11-21-2005, 08:19 PM
:lol: ...."and not a second later!"

did i mention that she'll also have like 45 presents under the tree wrapped already? :lol: i mean i bought my first presents back in july, but this woman is like a machine when it comes to christmas

nicole22
11-21-2005, 09:17 PM
im weird about the whole christmas thing....
i refuse to buy, decorate, listen to, or talk about anything relating to christmas until the season officially begins. (which is when you see santa at the macy's thanksgiving day parade!) :oldman:

after you see santa you can go to town and do whatever your little heart desires. :coffee:

onesuiteworld
11-21-2005, 09:50 PM
being jewish, i do not have such a dillemma

afcheerchic4u
11-21-2005, 10:01 PM
i think you should wait for decorations till the 30th of Nov. or the beg. of Dec. bc we have this really cool christmas mouse calender thing that starts on the first day of Dec. and i want it up there for everyday so i can move it closer to christmas!! anyone else have one of these things too??lol mine used to bring me presents everyday:boings:

djurzi
11-22-2005, 04:20 AM
A lot of people like to start early it seems. My tree doesn't ususally go up until a least a couple weeks prior to Christmas. In fact I guess I should start think about shopping soon too. http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

CrazyEazy
11-22-2005, 05:29 AM
Put mine up on sunday, usually put it up after thanksgiving though, but wanted to be a bit festive before hand...

HLShivers
11-22-2005, 06:01 AM
We've already got the Christmas decorations up but we're waiting until Sunday to put the tree up. I know some people that did it last weekend (we were going to) but the only trees for sale right now in GA suck big time so we have to wait until after Thanksgiving when they all come out. It's pretty much this way every year though.

jeli41
11-22-2005, 06:02 AM
We never rush I guess. We always get the tree sometime following Thanksgiving, like a week or so afterwards.

2stepnancie
11-22-2005, 07:36 AM
my dad is a freak and put his tree up on Nov. 1st, my mom hates him around this time of the year. Mine will not be up till the day after Thanksgiving.

jeli41
11-22-2005, 09:23 AM
my dad is a freak and put his tree up on Nov. 1st, my mom hates him around this time of the year. Mine will not be up till the day after Thanksgiving.

haha, so whats the significance of Nov 1st for your father?

wired
11-22-2005, 11:20 AM
My family always waited until the weekend after Thanksgiving when I was growing up. For my family now, we usually don't put it up until a couple of weeks before Christmas because we go and cut a live one from around the farm. The hunt for a good tree (usually during a snow storm, as it turns out) has kind of become our family tradition and since live ones dry out so quickly, about 2 weeks is all we get out of it before the needles start to fall off.

LibbyAnn
11-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Not sure this year with the craziness of transporting kids back and forth between me an their father but I will probably at least start some things this weekend.

nicole22
11-22-2005, 02:01 PM
My family always waited until the weekend after Thanksgiving when I was growing up. For my family now, we usually don't put it up until a couple of weeks before Christmas because we go and cut a live one from around the farm. The hunt for a good tree (usually during a snow storm, as it turns out) has kind of become our family tradition and since live ones dry out so quickly, about 2 weeks is all we get out of it before the needles start to fall off.

:lol: we get a live one too and it is always rainy and muddy!!

Alice
11-22-2005, 02:04 PM
my dad is a freak and put his tree up on Nov. 1st, my mom hates him around this time of the year.

wow, that's really early!!!

2stepnancie
11-22-2005, 02:36 PM
haha, so whats the significance of Nov 1st for your father?

Its my brother's birthday, so my mom has all us kids over for that, and he has to get the tree up before his sisters do, I dont know:screwy:. He puts the tree up and makes us decorate it, strange people I am related to.

dmdbmb
11-22-2005, 06:24 PM
We usually put ours up the weekend after Thanksgiving but we did it this past weekend this year....

LibbyAnn
11-22-2005, 06:36 PM
^^^^ Hey Dave!!! SOME DEVIL!!! 666!!! LOL

Charles
12-15-2005, 09:36 PM
so i thought we had a post your christmas tree thread.. did a search didnt see anything but this.. so this is mine and my roommate sketchy beer can christmas tree.