PDA

View Full Version : cannot sleep, scared of ants!

nicole22
11-17-2005, 09:12 PM
ok so i am laying in bed and watching the discovery channel...(that was my first mistake) i am watching this thing on ants in africa. they live by the thousands!! (its crazy) :screwy:

so anyway, when the ants get hungry they all (101641619841 of them) gang up on animals AND PEOPLE!! seriously. :confused:

they showed this one lady in bed sleeping while the ants came into her hut and crawed all over the ground and then went into her bed and started biting her!! (why didnt the camera people do anyting??)

then finally the lady woke up and set all the ants on fire and she lived but they said that there have been cases where the ants DID KILL PEOPLE. they say the people die of suffication!

now it's around midnight and i am terrifed to sleep cause killer ants from africa will come eat me! :feelbette

just thought i'd share so when yall go to africa to watch out! :somedevil

theponderousman
11-17-2005, 09:30 PM
did they look like this? :somedevil

theponderousman
11-17-2005, 09:31 PM
how'd those bites look like? This? :somedevil

Sorry, in a fun evil mood....Heather knows about me posting evil pictures (ask her about her spider phobia)

PtDragon
11-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Where do u think ants marching came from LOL

Amanda
11-17-2005, 11:36 PM
I haven't had any scary experiences with ants, but Daddy Long Legs keep on showing up in my apartment. It's winter here, they should all be dead, frozen even, and yet about once a week, there's a new one. It's not scary or creepy so much as annoying...of course, if I were to actually kill them instead of kind-heartidly releasing them into the great outdoors, my problem might be solved:)

Discovery Channel is cool and all, but not when they're talking about bugs.

nicole22
11-18-2005, 05:05 AM
did they look like this? :somedevil
not funny!! (yes they did...)

haha i never thought of ants marching. lol they are red...:lol:

but just so y'all know i survived the night!! i am still alive!! ants did not attack me last night. :thumbsup:

HLShivers
11-18-2005, 05:11 AM
Christian you little shit!

I'm sorry to hear about your ant phobia...I can sympathize with you on fear of bugs. I once had a cave cricket (those big ass nasty thingies) jump on me while I was asleep, I swear I had nightmares about that for a month! Good news is that the ants live in Africa though, right? Unless you really piss them off and they come looking for you. Bugs are mean when they gang up on stuff.

djurzi
11-18-2005, 07:21 AM
I am not a big fan of bugs. One time I chased a dragonfly or something like that around my house for about 20 minutes, just because I could not stand it flying around my house. I was determined to catch that damn thing. Anyway if I had a million ants crawling on me I would freak out.

theponderousman
11-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Ahhhh, the memories of playing with Heather's fears....

:mon:

LibbyAnn
11-18-2005, 09:24 AM
Christian you little shit!

I'm sorry to hear about your ant phobia...I can sympathize with you on fear of bugs. I once had a cave cricket (those big ass nasty thingies) jump on me while I was asleep, I swear I had nightmares about that for a month! Good news is that the ants live in Africa though, right? Unless you really piss them off and they come looking for you. Bugs are mean when they gang up on stuff.

I HATE camel crickets!!! We used to get tons of them in TN and you had to be careful going to the garage when it was dark. I would flip the switch and the wall would be covered in them and they'd start hopping around! EEEEWWWWW HATE them I tell you!!!

HLShivers
11-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Christian I'm going to kick your "you know what"
Oh and Libby! What's with the picture? There's no need for a picture! Why does everyone hate me??? :lol:

jeli41
11-18-2005, 10:27 AM
whats up with these pictures people!?!

Heather I think we need to launch a counter-offensive!

HLShivers
11-18-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm with you on that one Justin

djurzi
11-18-2005, 11:46 AM
We'll call this the creepy pictures thread!

onesuiteworld
11-18-2005, 03:12 PM
this is the worst thread EVER

i hate bugs

i hate you guys

...i love you guys

nicole22
11-18-2005, 03:37 PM
hey! you guys were supposed to comfort me not show me pictures of every fear that i have!! :pissed:

lolol seriously was there really a need to show that spider so close?? its like coming off the computer screen and crawling on me with all the ants....

so thanks guys im sure tonight ill get more sleep :lol:

theponderousman
11-18-2005, 10:54 PM
I've defeated the EVIL Christian and now I am in full control again....sorry for that outbreak last night...won't happen again.....ever.....:feedbirds

theponderousman
11-18-2005, 10:56 PM
MUHAHAHAHAHAH sleep tight you do-gooders!!! :somedevil

jeli41
11-19-2005, 05:10 AM
Time to Launch that counter-offensive:pissed:

jeli41
11-19-2005, 05:20 AM
Take that Christian. No one can resist a cute puppy

nicole22
11-19-2005, 10:37 AM
or a cute kitty :biggrin:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/jeservices/kitties.jpg

Charles
11-19-2005, 12:40 PM
oh wow Nicole those kitties are cute. I love the one on the far right.. You know he is going to be the one striving to be on top everytime.

thebestofwhatsaround77
11-19-2005, 03:26 PM
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/conservationandscience/reproductivescience/recoverbfferret/images/BffKits.jpg

AWWWWWWWWW:)

tiglet26
11-19-2005, 04:55 PM
I was about to go into detail about when I woke up to have 3 centipedes crawling on my arm, but I can't ruin the cute pics with the details of my story now!

djurzi
11-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Love the Kitties..but you got to love puppies too.

dmdbmb
11-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Take that christian!!!

theponderousman
11-19-2005, 11:25 PM
I can compete in this category!

nicole22
11-20-2005, 07:12 AM
^^now that is not cute! take it back right now!!

wired
11-20-2005, 07:38 AM
wow, i missed this thread. we had a run on wolf spiders in my studio that were (and i'm not kidding) as big as the palm of my hand (and my hands are not small). i'm not afraid of spiders, but the first time i saw one, i was sitting at my computer late at night and something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye on the wall. when i looked i thought it was a tarantula - it was crawling super slow up the wall. i was actually shaking when i put the container over the top of it (those things jump a mile when they are small - i can only imagine how the big ones jump... and man, do they bite) to take it outside. then my little guy (3 years old) popped one of his rubber boots on his foot one morning and immediately took it off and threw it, screaming. when i dumped it upside down to get the offending twig or leaf out, out plopped one of those suckers. poor little guy wouldn't put a boot on after that without shaking it thoroughly.

buuuuuut...... what really gets me are cockroaches. and i'm not talking the little nasty critters we have here in the states, either. when i lived in venezuela, we had these horrible flying cockroaches that were about 4 inches long and an inch wide. and they STALKED me. i woke up one night to feel something tickling my chest under my shirt. it was the quickest strip-tease you ever saw when i realized it wasn't just a nice dream... and the thing that ran under the bed looked like a large stone on legs. <shudder> i had horrible nightmares about 6 foot long ones attacking me and i'm not kidding you - they only showed themselves to me. wherever i happened to be, one showed up even when people swore they had NEVER seen one in their house, etc. they would trap me in the shower stall, standing between me and the stall door (and remember, they fly - no jumping over those babies). it has taken me over 15 years to get rid of my phobia of them. though, i have to admit - while i capture and release every other bug or critter that takes up residency in my house, i have no mercy on roaches and will kill them indiscriminately. (and i take a disturbing sort of pleasure from it, too.) probably waaaaay more than you wanted to know, lol!

nicole22
11-20-2005, 09:01 AM
^^ewwww i hate bugs!! that is horrible.

your story reminds me of this one time when i was sleeping and i felt a tickle around my neck and when i checked it out, the biggest thousand legger was on my pillow!!! eww i still get chills just thinking about it :feelbette

tiglet26
11-20-2005, 09:11 AM
^^ewwww i hate bugs!! that is horrible.

your story reminds me of this one time when i was sleeping and i felt a tickle around my neck and when i checked it out, the biggest thousand legger was on my pillow!!! eww i still get chills just thinking about it :feelbette

Yea, I had 3 of them on my arm (I guess I'll tell my story now!) when I woke up one night....they were everywhere in my old house when I was in HS...and my room was downstairs so that didn't help any. To this day (and this happened, lets see, 8 years ago!) I get the chills when I just think about one! I've wiped my arm off 4 times already while writing this! When I see one, I can't even run from it...I freeze and can't speak; can't yell or anything, I just stand there staring at it until someone realizes what is going on....I had a 3 hour college course 2 summers ago and about an hour through it I saw one crawling on the floor....I held my feet 6 inches from the floor for the remaining 2 hours and watched this thing crawl around the room....I had no idea what was being talked about...I must have looked like I had some kind of disability the way my eyes were just wandering everywhere:screwy:

theponderousman
11-20-2005, 01:38 PM
^^now that is not cute! take it back right now!!

Actually, I have to admit the kitten IS pretty darn cute :biggrin:

Don't worry though, I'm a lover of cats and most animals....nothing to be taken seriously here :somedevil

theponderousman
11-20-2005, 01:39 PM
I KNOW I KNOW.....that's horrible! (but funny in an odd twisted way)

jeli41
11-20-2005, 01:49 PM
hahahaha thats so F*cked up:lol: :screwy: :lol:

spcmnspff4
11-20-2005, 03:31 PM
i hate bugs... so i'm glad this thread took a turn for the cute :-)