PDA

View Full Version : 2,000 too many US Deaths in Iraq

cubbies14
10-25-2005, 02:29 PM
US deaths in Iraq hit 2,000. Let's bring everyone home.....now.
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/us_armed_forces

theponderousman
10-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Not trying to try and start up an argument here, but if you thought Iraq and the middle east was bad now (or years ago), us leaving now would destroy the Iraqi people because Iran and Syria would just waltz right in and turn it into whatever they wanted it to be. With us there now, at least there's SOME type of 'more' stability than previously. I know a lot will disagree with me and that's totally cool, I respect your opinion.

It's WAY past the 'pullout' point of any reasonable decision, so now we have to continue to fight the fight that our president and administration got us into. I don't like the fact that we're losing US lives over there, I think it's horrid and honestly, I think Bush should never sleep again for those that have lost their lives, but we can't pull the troups out, not now.

More opinions to come later I'm sure :)

Christian

cubbies14
10-25-2005, 02:41 PM
I think Bush should never sleep again for those that have lost their lives, but we can't pull the troups out, not now.

Christian

I am with you 110% I pulled two tours over there and agree a pullout would lead to civil war instantly. I just started this thread just because I think people tend to forget.

theponderousman
10-25-2005, 03:08 PM
I am with you 110% I pulled two tours over there and agree a pullout would lead to civil war instantly. I just started this thread just because I think people tend to forget.

You pulling two tours over there earns all of my respect and admiration, and I thank you for that, I really do :) If you're ever in Omaha, you've got a beer and a friend to keep you company :dbud:

And I'm one of the 1st in line to say that we DO need to get the majority of our troop out as quickly as possible, but I also look at all angles and know it's going to be a LONG while unfortunately. I also don't think we'll ever have all of our troops out, even 10 years from now, I think we'll always have Iraq as a base point for our military. I just hope (I'm an optimist), that Iraq will soon be able to take care of herself....there's just so much potential there, yet so much hatred too :pissed:

Again, thanks for putting your life on the line for our flag and country. I'm glad that the military is getting a lot more respect from home and not letting the extremists make us believe that the military doesn't deserve it (reference to Vietnam). That's one of the greatest injustices any US military serviceman had ever been dealt.

Christian

onesuiteworld
10-25-2005, 03:23 PM
wow, lots of these threads have existed already, i dont have the energy to put my 2 cents in. but yall know where i stand

LibbyAnn
10-25-2005, 03:47 PM
Well said Christian. And THANKS Cubbies14!!!!

cubbies14
10-25-2005, 03:53 PM
You pulling two tours over there earns all of my respect and admiration, and I thank you for that, I really do :) If you're ever in Omaha, you've got a beer and a friend to keep you company :dbud:

Christian

I don't deserve the admiration. I was in the Air Force...our tours are 6 months tops....I got friends and family in the Army...those guys pull 12-18 month tours. This war has been hands down the greatest American tradgedy in my lifetime. I got sick when I saw the news that we reached 2,000 deaths.

theponderousman
10-25-2005, 09:59 PM
I don't deserve the admiration. I was in the Air Force...our tours are 6 months tops....I got friends and family in the Army...those guys pull 12-18 month tours. This war has been hands down the greatest American tradgedy in my lifetime. I got sick when I saw the news that we reached 2,000 deaths.

Actually, whenever I learn of anyone that's been to Iraq since this whole thing (mess) began, I'll buy them a beer or listen to what they have to say....it doesn't matter what branch to be honest. Each of you has a special place in my heart.

And it's interesting you say it's the worst american tradgedy in your time....I can totally see that, and in the areas of 'tradgedy' on a 'war' level, I would agree...there's been too many mistakes on all sides....but although it's been a time of tradgedy, how do the Iraqi people see it? Yeah, WMDs were claimed and we ALL know that's not the straightest story ever told, but in loss I see gain, and we've found that over 8 million Iraqis will now be able to live a lot more of their lives because of our actions.

It's extremely saddening to see our losses, and the loss of Iraqi lives during the transition, but we lost TENS of thousands of American lives fighting for freedoms since before we became a country and I personally think my life is better because of it. Will the death of 2000 US soldier's lives make a difference for the Iraqi nation that I'm hoping to see? I really do hope so...and if not, if all of this ends in absolute chaos and a worse world over there is created, then I'll be the 1st to come back on here and eat my words :)

I think that in the next 12-18 months we're going to see what direction Iraq will go, and it's going to be extremely interesting to see this hopeful change take place. Again, the words of an optimist!

Christian, the long-winded man :)

theponderousman
10-25-2005, 10:01 PM
wow, lots of these threads have existed already, i dont have the energy to put my 2 cents in. but yall know where i stand

Yeah, there's a few more threads out there but it's always great conversation when new ones with fresh news are created, IMHO of course :)

And yeah, some of us know where you stand, and even though I don't agree 100% with it, I always enjoy reading what you and others have to say. Bring out the fresh info, let's have ourselves a sit down :)

Christian

LibbyAnn
10-26-2005, 05:39 AM
Actually, whenever I learn of anyone that's been to Iraq since this whole thing (mess) began, I'll buy them a beer or listen to what they have to say....it doesn't matter what branch to be honest. Each of you has a special place in my heart.

And it's interesting you say it's the worst american tradgedy in your time....I can totally see that, and in the areas of 'tradgedy' on a 'war' level, I would agree...there's been too many mistakes on all sides....but although it's been a time of tradgedy, how do the Iraqi people see it? Yeah, WMDs were claimed and we ALL know that's not the straightest story ever told, but in loss I see gain, and we've found that over 8 million Iraqis will now be able to live a lot more of their lives because of our actions.

It's extremely saddening to see our losses, and the loss of Iraqi lives during the transition, but we lost TENS of thousands of American lives fighting for freedoms since before we became a country and I personally think my life is better because of it. Will the death of 2000 US soldier's lives make a difference for the Iraqi nation that I'm hoping to see? I really do hope so...and if not, if all of this ends in absolute chaos and a worse world over there is created, then I'll be the 1st to come back on here and eat my words :)

I think that in the next 12-18 months we're going to see what direction Iraq will go, and it's going to be extremely interesting to see this hopeful change take place. Again, the words of an optimist!

Christian, the long-winded man :)

Again, extremely well said, Christian. I hope your optimistic view comes true!