PDA

View Full Version : family vacations

Charles
10-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Well its a slow sunday my lil cousin just left we did some carving of pumkins and i just finished cooking the seeds.. the best part about carving. Anywho so im a bit bored and put in a old vhs of a family vaca back in 92 I look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different... I was too skinny back then for being 10 years old.. Its weird seeing my couins at a young age.

so here is a thread to remember back to when you were younger and had family fun vaca's dont be afraid to share some fun time stories with us..

I will start.. we went to this FLorida to a alligator zoo and other zoos in the area.. The place was called ALigotor Farm it was started in the 1890's I just heard the guy say it was the first in the states.. So thats pretty cool.. I remember being one of the 8 kids up to the front to help hold snakes.. and i wasnt afraid then but im sure as heck afraid now.

More to come as I watch this..

afcheerchic4u
10-16-2005, 12:56 PM
hmm..i love carving pumpkins..its gona be hard to do this year b/c i have a stupid cast on my right hand lol..

but famil vaca's eh..when i was little my mom dad n brother drove down to florida, and on the way there there was this horrible storm, practically a tornado, and we had to drive through it..b/c of course dad couldn't stop cuz we'd lose time..lol..i was so scared and hide under a blanket the ENTIRE time lol..
favorite tho..going to mexico when i was like in 7th grade and going to the dance clubs with like older people and seeing old drunk men, and thinking either i'm not supposed to be here or they aren't!? lol

ahh..the fun family times... <33 emily:boings:

Charles
10-16-2005, 02:20 PM
fun times Emily... thanks for contributing

BTW did you hurt your right hand cheerleading?

tiglet26
10-16-2005, 10:12 PM
One of my earliest memories was a family vacation....driving down to Florida (I thought it was fun then:screwy: ...recently did it again and realized what a horrible drive it is!) when I was about 3 years old....back when seat belts didn't really matter....I remember going through the Appalachin Mts. and pretending they were rollercoasters and then when the sun started going down, changing into my pjs in the car cause I refused to sleep without them! When we were at Disney World...I remember claiming that I wanted to go on space mountain, (I was just barely tall enough) and so we waited in line for about 2 hours and just when we get to the front of the line, I turn to my dad and say, "I have to go potty!":lol:

afcheerchic4u
10-16-2005, 10:38 PM
well actually i hurt it playing powderpuff football..it's girls football we do around h.c like the juniors vs seniors..soo i broke my thumb bc im me and i would do something like that..lol..but i continued on to play the game and then perform and build for cheerleading, which i'm sure reinforced the break a couple of times..lol.. i just wasn't ready to ruin my senior h/c performance yet..lol.. needless to say seniors won thO!:boings:

fanofdmb75
10-17-2005, 10:27 AM
my dad and i would take road trips every may not knowing where we were going to go. most of the time, we would end up where ever there were fish, cause my dad loves to fish. it has carried over and we try to get together to this day and do a road trip together. we stop and pose with statues, camp, fish, hike and just have a really good time.

Rob
10-17-2005, 10:35 AM
My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really.

No really, a long time a go we would do yearly trips to Whistler B.C. for skiing. That was a hell of a time.