PDA

View Full Version : Chicago White Sox Lost!!!!!!

Pakelikaforprezz
10-12-2005, 08:29 PM
This is fucking bullshit!!!!!! The Angel's should have been batting in the 10th inning right now!!!!!

He was OUT!!!!!!! GGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry. I am really pissed about this.... that was a horrible call!!!

My dad is rooting for the Sox, he even complained when they got that call in his favor.

That was BULLSHIT.

beer_n_dmb
10-13-2005, 05:36 AM
October is the best sports month behind March/April (NCAA BBall, I was a Terp)

That call was unbelievable last night. The ump called him out, then switched the call. I thought Sciosia was gonna hit him in the face.

I would have punched the TV if the Angels were my team. As an Oriole and National fan, watching my team in October is a dream.

magicbrownies
10-13-2005, 06:26 AM
Yea that was a bullshit call. I can't wait to see the controversy this stirs up. Fucking ump.

djurzi
10-13-2005, 10:07 AM
It wouldn't have been so bad if the ump didn't make the signal calling him out. But then they go back on the call.. :screwy: I couldn't believe it.

beer_n_dmb
10-13-2005, 10:23 AM
This article is funny on espn.com about the call:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/columns/story?columnist=caple_jim&id=2189660

TheBestofWhatsAround
10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
WHITE SOX ARE GOING ALL THE WAY WHO CARES CALLS LIKE THIS HAPPEN ALL THE TIME IT WAS BORDERLINE AT BEST AND IF IT WAS BORDERLINE THEN HE SHOULD HAVE TAGGED HIM OUT EVEN JUST TO BE SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pissed: I LOVE THE WHITE SOX:biggrin: :woohoo: :ddave:

beer_n_dmb
10-13-2005, 02:07 PM
It was a blown call by the ump, but.....

He should have tagged him. Joe Krede's hit was earned, that wasnt a gift (He's having a hell of a post season). I want the White Sox because they haven't won the series since 1917, the Angels won in 2002.

Plus, the highlight of the post season already happened, when the Yankees were sent packing.

Go White Sox. I love Ozzie's attitude.

keving421
10-13-2005, 02:26 PM
It was a blown call by the ump, but.....

He should have tagged him. Joe Krede's hit was earned, that wasnt a gift

I completely agree, growing up a catcher in knothole baseball you are taught to always run to first if the ball is in the dirt, its nice to see this finally pay off. And if your the catcher you are taught to tag the runner if the ball is in the dirt.

beer_n_dmb
10-13-2005, 02:50 PM
You know what is funny. Against the Yankees, the Angels got a call to go their way on the same subject. Remember the ump called Robinson Caru out after he struck out, ran to first, made it safely, then was called out for being inside the baseline? That call could have changed the series

I love bad calls in baseball, they even out. I hope they never use instant replay. Human error is part of the game.

cubbies14
10-13-2005, 05:32 PM
This is fucking bullshit!!!!!! The Angel's should have been batting in the 10th inning right now!!!!!

He was OUT!!!!!!! GGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry. I am really pissed about this.... that was a horrible call!!!

My dad is rooting for the Sox, he even complained when they got that call in his favor.

That was BULLSHIT. I would take it you are a Cubs fan!:dbud:

Pakelikaforprezz
10-13-2005, 07:34 PM
haha. yeah. and when I first posted that I was a tad drunk

magicbrownies
10-13-2005, 07:54 PM
I love bad calls in baseball, they even out. I hope they never use instant replay. Human error is part of the game.
Yea, until one of those calls goes against the team your rooting for.

beer_n_dmb
10-14-2005, 06:04 AM
Hey, I'm an O's fan. Remember when Jeffrey Mayer, that little shit kid in NY who reached over the wall, caught a ball that would have been caught by the Oriole right fielder. The dumb ass ump called it a HR, not fan interference.

The Yankees won the series. My heart was broke, my team got screwed. I still don't want instant replay. For some reason, I feel like it would put an artificial feeling in America's past time. I know, it's corny, but I'm old school when it comes to baseball and instant replay.

Plus, with instant replay, we won't get to watch crazy-ass Lou Pinella go nuts on the umps.

keving421
10-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Darin Erstad of the Angles said it best after the game, it was something along the lines of, "The great thing about this game is that you see something new every day, some things go your way, and some things dont. Instant Replay would take this great aspect out of our game."

It was something along those lines and that was what he was trying to get across

beer_n_dmb
10-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Well put. Good to hear that coming from an Angel. NO INSTANT REPLAY...keep baseball pure.