PDA

View Full Version : Just Thought Ya'll Might be Interested

LibbyAnn
10-06-2005, 04:59 PM
So... reading the post on the gator and python made me curious about what other odd news was out there - found this one amusing!

Now you never need to stop drinking..

Thu Oct 6, 8:30 AM ET

Fans of non-stop drinking may soon be able to cut down on time wasted ordering refills, thanks to a beer coaster that can tell when a glass is empty.

The coaster, fitted with sensors, measures the weight of the beer and sends a signal behind the bar when it's time for a refill.

Anxious drinkers can also attract the attention of staff by waving the plastic mat, thanks to a motion sensor.

It was invented by students Matthias Hahnen and Robert Doerr for a project at the University of Saarbruecken in southwest Germany.

The device has attracted the attention of beer vendors in North America, including a leading Canadian brewer, according to Michael Schmitz, one of the supervisors of the project.

"They wanted to know if they could use it or make it themselves," he said. "The prototype cost about 84 euros to make one but if mass produced, it could be done for around 10 euros."

LibbyAnn
10-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Or how about this one???? What I want to know is - was the 6 year old who dropped the pacifier sucking it???? Good grief!

Cops Handle Kids' Fist Fight Over Pacifier

Wed Oct 5, 3:51 PM ET

Normally, a fight between two children over a pacifier might be resolved by their mothers. But in Pawtucket, the police had to step in. It all started Monday afternoon, when a 6-year-old boy dropped a pacifier.

Another 6-year-old boy picked it up and refused to give it back, allegedly prompting the first child to deliver a punch. Police said the boy with the pacifier then punched back.

Pawtucket Police Detective Donti Rosciti said one of the mothers called police, saying she wanted the fist fight documented because her son had three minor scratches on his face, and she didn't want his school accusing her of abuse.

A patrolman wrote up a report, then went to the home of the other child to speak with his parents, Rosciti said. He called the case very unusual.

"I've never seen a report with two kids this young," he said.

Rosciti said that as far as police are concerned, the matter is over.

"A 6-year-old can't be held criminally responsible," he said.

Charles
10-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Or how about this one???? What I want to know is - was the 6 year old who dropped the pacifier sucking it???? Good grief!

Cops Handle Kids' Fist Fight Over Pacifier

Wed Oct 5, 3:51 PM ET

Normally, a fight between two children over a pacifier might be resolved by their mothers. But in Pawtucket, the police had to step in. It all started Monday afternoon, when a 6-year-old boy dropped a pacifier.

Another 6-year-old boy picked it up and refused to give it back, allegedly prompting the first child to deliver a punch. Police said the boy with the pacifier then punched back.

Pawtucket Police Detective Donti Rosciti said one of the mothers called police, saying she wanted the fist fight documented because her son had three minor scratches on his face, and she didn't want his school accusing her of abuse.

A patrolman wrote up a report, then went to the home of the other child to speak with his parents, Rosciti said. He called the case very unusual.

"I've never seen a report with two kids this young," he said.

Rosciti said that as far as police are concerned, the matter is over.

"A 6-year-old can't be held criminally responsible," he said.

that pacifer story was about a ring pop not a pacifier.. I heard it on the radio today.. I would definatly fight for a candy ring pop too if i was 6 years old.

2stepnancie
10-06-2005, 05:26 PM
interesting reads, thanks

LibbyAnn
10-06-2005, 05:48 PM
that pacifer story was about a ring pop not a pacifier.. I heard it on the radio today.. I would definatly fight for a candy ring pop too if i was 6 years old.

Thanks - that makes a lot more sense!!:lol:

HLShivers
10-06-2005, 06:10 PM
That's right! Back up off the ring pop damnit! :duel:

Sweetupndwn
10-06-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm still reeling about the fact that they had to call in cops on TWO 6-YEAR OLDS! What the heck??

LibbyAnn
10-07-2005, 06:46 AM
I'm still reeling about the fact that they had to call in cops on TWO 6-YEAR OLDS! What the heck??

You have to wonder what history there is in that home or town if a mother feels like she has to call the cops to be sure they don't accuse her of child abuse! That's pretty sad!

2stepnancie
10-07-2005, 02:44 PM
You have to wonder what history there is in that home or town if a mother feels like she has to call the cops to be sure they don't accuse I]her[/I] of child abuse! That's pretty sad!

That exaclty what I was thinking.