PDA

View Full Version : Offical MLB 05 Post Season Thread

Charles
10-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Just thought I spark up a thread by saying The Sox are winning but that dont matter cause the Indians are out.. And the sox better play like they did in the first half of the year in the playoffs or we are going to be out in the first round.

magicbrownies
10-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Houston is in now. Pretty sure they just won. Lookin for maybe a Yankees vs Cardinals series

djurzi
10-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes, Houston is in.. just squeezed that one out.. I was hoping for a tie between philly and houston..

JimiThing40
10-02-2005, 03:41 PM
It's a wide open race to the championship. There really isn't one team that seems superior to the others. It's going to be one fun month!

magicbrownies
10-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes, Houston is in.. just squeezed that one out.. I was hoping for a tie between philly and houston..
Me too, was hoping to be at the one game playoff.

2stepnancie
10-02-2005, 04:57 PM
The Tigers are going to win... Oh I mean maybe in 10 years. Red Sox and Cardinal, with the Sox taking it in 6.

Charles
10-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Sox have to play the white sox first. its going to be a tough one to choice for the AL for National league im going with Cardinals with a close second of the Astros.. It will be a great series for them both in the NLCS

JimiThing40
10-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Boston vs. Chicago
Game 1 at Chicago: Tuesday, Oct. 4 -- 4 p.m. ET (ESPN)

NY Yankees vs. LA Angels
Game 1 at Anaheim: Tuesday, Oct. 4 -- 8 p.m. ET (FOX)

San Diego vs. St. Louis
Game 1 at St. Louis: Tuesday, Oct. 4 -- 1 p.m. ET (ESPN)

Houston vs. Atlanta
Game 1 at Atlanta: Wednesday, Oct. 5 -- time TBA

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2005/news/story?id=2179130

DmbGreySt88
10-02-2005, 07:19 PM
lets go sox!

keving421
10-02-2005, 07:35 PM
My predictions:
Yankees vs. Angels- Angels will win in 5
Red Sox vs. White Sox-Red Sox in 4
San Diego vs. St Louis-St.ouis in 3
Houston vs. Atlanta- Houston in 4

Championship Series
Angels vs. Red sox-Red Sox in 6
Houston vs. St Louis- Houston in 7

World Series
Houston vs. Boston-Houston in 6

Charles
10-02-2005, 08:07 PM
My predictions:
Yankees vs. Angels- Angels will win in 5
Red Sox vs. White Sox-Red Sox in 4
San Diego vs. St Louis-St.ouis in 3
Houston vs. Atlanta- Houston in 4

Championship Series
Angels vs. Red sox-Red Sox in 6
Houston vs. St Louis- Houston in 7

World Series
Houston vs. Boston-Houston in 6

I like that but I dont think atlanta will get a win at all. And the Sox's game is going to be a 5 game series. Depending on whose hitting will over top the defense then that will be your champ of the alcs. Because if the Bo Sox beat the white sox then the BoSox have a better chance at taking the alcs

PtDragon
10-02-2005, 08:11 PM
WHATTTT NO CUBSSSS AGAIN lol Since none of them are close to being a team I would cheer for I will go with the underdog..... Lets go San Diego

TheBestofWhatsAround
10-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Garuntee that the White Sox take it all this year everyone has been doubting them sayin theyre doing bad and then they finish with the best record in the AL and since no one thinks theyll win itll definately come as a surprise to many that this is gonna happen

Yanks vs. Angels- Angels in 5
Red Sox vs. White Sox- White Sox in 4
San Diego vs. St.Louis- St.Louis in 3
Houston vs. Atlanta - Atlanta in 4

Angels vs. White Sox- White Sox in 7
Atlanta vs. St.Louis- St.Louis in 6
White Sox vs. St.Louis- White Sox in 6(Home Field will be the difference AGAIN)

Charles
10-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Garuntee that the White Sox take it all this year everyone has been doubting them sayin theyre doing bad and then they finish with the best record in the AL and since no one thinks theyll win itll definately come as a surprise to many that this is gonna happen

Oh I dont have doubt for the White Sox.. IF and thats a big IF the red sox do somehow manage to get by them then the Bo Sox will take the alcs.

But if the White sox put up for 3 games against the indians who had all of their starters playing each game and the white sox had all minor AAA and back up playing agains the indians and the sox still swept them each game than that shows something..
and Indians busted their ass to make their way to the wildcard this year.

DmbGreySt88
10-04-2005, 11:29 AM
off to the white sox game! lets go sox!

djurzi
10-04-2005, 01:06 PM
off to the white sox game! lets go sox!

Another year and my team is not in the playoffs again.. Have Fun!!!!

St. Louis is smokin San Diego in Game 1..

keving421
10-04-2005, 02:10 PM
St Louis wins Game 1, 8-5. going into the ninth it was 8-1 but the padres fought back and had the go ahead run at the plate, but roman herandez struck out. Ended up being a good game.

Hopefully this is a sign of the quality of games the rest of the postseason will give us

keving421
10-04-2005, 02:44 PM
White Sox up 5-0 early, i guess i shouldn't have doubted their offense

djurzi
10-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Hopefully this is a sign of the quality of games the rest of the postseason will give us

Yes, I am hoping for some great post season baseball..

magicbrownies
10-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Hopefully we'll get a better game tonight than the first two were. Looking for an Angels victorry over the Yanks.

2stepnancie
10-04-2005, 04:59 PM
Get this: My friend in Iowa calls me last night, and can hardly even talk he is so excited. He is a big Cardinals fan, anyway his boss comes to him yesterday at work and asks him if he wants two tickets for free to todays game. Of course he took them and I have yet to talk to him today but thats not the end of the story. He also tells him he can get St. Louis World Series tix if they make it. Why doesnt stuff like this ever happen to me? The best I can do is get Red Wings tix for tomarrow for $100.00 standing room only. I wont complain too much it is the Red Wing and my first game.:thumbsup:

keving421
10-04-2005, 06:22 PM
I would love to go to a postseason baseball game, or even a meaningful late September game, but i live in Cincinnati so it doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon.:pissed: ........The bengals are looking good though:boings:

2stepnancie
10-04-2005, 06:53 PM
I would love to go to a postseason baseball game, or even a meaningful late September game, but i live in Cincinnati so it doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon.:pissed: ........The bengals are looking good though:boings:

Im a Tigers fan, I know what you mean. Its funny to see everyone up here in Toledo hopping on the Bengals bandwagon, I will stay with my Lions until :whiteflagship sinks.:lol: :praise:Oh Barry Sanders please comeback and bring someone who know how to get the most out of their players with you. Please:feelbette

magicbrownies
10-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Im a Tigers fan, I know what you mean. Its funny to see everyone up here in Toledo hopping on the Bengals bandwagon, I will stay with my Lions until :whiteflagship sinks.:lol: :praise:Oh Barry Sanders please comeback and bring someone who know how to get the most out of their players with you. Please:feelbette

Well hopefully those Tigers will be a pretty good team soon. If you didnt already see they just hired Jim Leyland, a very good manager. So maybe things are looking up.

2stepnancie
10-04-2005, 07:07 PM
Yes I saw that, and their moving forward but it just seems like they are paying alot of money to be mediocre

DmbGreySt88
10-04-2005, 10:59 PM
the white sox game was absolutely amazing- ive never been to a game where the crowd is so into it and the energy behind each pitch was unreal-im suppose 2 go tomorrow but i have basketball so lets go ALCS!

CrazyEazy
10-05-2005, 08:08 AM
the white sox game was absolutely amazing- ive never been to a game where the crowd is so into it and the energy behind each pitch was unreal-im suppose 2 go tomorrow but i have basketball so lets go ALCS!

Come on i know you are a cubs fan... you are not rooting for the sox are you?? Chicago fan or not the SOX SUCK, both of them.. Everyone will see what us cubs fans have seen, LET DOWN... BLOWING IT......the sox will suck it up.. sure they have done better then the cubs but the sox still blow

( a bit bitter about my sucky cubs) :feelbette

SOX SUCK!!!!!

cubbies14
10-05-2005, 07:44 PM
I am a cubs fan.....we do not talk about the postseason, it hurts way too much!!

Charles
10-05-2005, 08:10 PM
Like i said before both the sox's defence are tough but it has to do with pitching and hitting and last night hitting and pitching was up there for the white sox.. and tonight the bosox picked up their hitting but pitching died out in the 4th or 5th.!

DmbGreySt88
10-05-2005, 09:39 PM
sox win again!

djurzi
10-06-2005, 10:31 AM
sox win again!

Back to Fenway now.. Odds are against the Red Sox, but we all saw what they did last year...

keving421
10-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Back to Fenway now.. Odds are against the Red Sox, but we all saw what they did last year...

They've faced elimination a lot in the playoffs and always seem to put up a good fight, last year against the Yanks, and two years ago against the A's they were in the same situation

TheBestofWhatsAround
10-06-2005, 02:51 PM

Yanks vs. Angels- Angels in 5
Red Sox vs. White Sox- White Sox in 4
San Diego vs. St.Louis- St.Louis in 3
Houston vs. Atlanta - Atlanta in 4

Angels vs. White Sox- White Sox in 7
Atlanta vs. St.Louis- St.Louis in 6
White Sox vs. St.Louis- White Sox in 6(Home Field will be the difference AGAIN)

Yea I know what the red sox have done in the past but i mean they were definately counting on winning that game and the White Sox stole it from them so I like the white sox in 4 as ive said before and my predictions are still looking good at least i think:thumbsup:

GO WHITE SOX:woohoo:

magicbrownies
10-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Red Sox have been swept. Never thought it would happen. White Sox pitching has been looking good. Guess theyre now the favorite to take american league crown.

TheBestofWhatsAround
10-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Red Sox have been swept. Never thought it would happen. White Sox pitching has been looking good. Guess theyre now the favorite to take american league crown.

As Ive been saying all along:woohoo:

magicbrownies
10-08-2005, 06:04 AM
As Ive been saying all along:woohoo:

Yea I'm sorry to say but I doubted them going into the playoffs especially cause of that late season slide they had. But I guess theyve gotten hot at the correct time.

djurzi
10-08-2005, 06:07 AM
I seriously think the White Sox could go on to win the World Series.. I know that is a bold statement, but they are looking damn good..

LibbyAnn
10-08-2005, 06:38 AM
Congrats to my friends who are White Sox fans! Lots of celebrating going on for sure!

Charles
10-08-2005, 07:52 AM
I seriously think the White Sox could go on to win the World Series.. I know that is a bold statement, but they are looking damn good..

I agrea they are definatly going to win it all. BoSox had every chance to defeat the Sox but just could not pull it off.

keving421
10-08-2005, 12:48 PM
i am still shocked the ChiSox swept Boston, i thought Bostons offense would be good enough to win the series, but it couldn't even win one game.

Chicago's pitching has looked great, especially the bullpen. They are the team to beat in the AL

mtlabor
10-08-2005, 12:53 PM
White Sox are definitely going to win it all... I mean, seriously when was the last time anybody saw a team go on a 20+ win streak? That's insane!

2stepnancie
10-08-2005, 01:02 PM
the tigers do that all the time, oh wait they barely win 20 games in a season. Oh well lets hope Leyland can bring some winning to the motor city.

mtlabor
10-08-2005, 01:06 PM
For sure... I'm hoping they get to go up against the LA... I HATE the Yankees! And that takes guts, cause I'm from NY lol

DmbGreySt88
10-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Yea I'm sorry to say but I doubted them going into the playoffs especially cause of that late season slide they had. But I guess theyve gotten hot at the correct time.

theyve been hot the whole year:lol: just a little slide at the end

CrazyEazy
10-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Being from chicago i wish i could root for the white sox butttttt, i can not.. i try but i feel like such a trader because im such a hardcore cubs fan. but maybe i can just tell myself im rooting for chicago only the city now the gagwhitesoxgag.......

cubbies14
10-08-2005, 06:15 PM
White Sox Vs. Cardinals

Cardinals take it in 5 games.

magicbrownies
10-09-2005, 03:27 PM
Wow what a great game the Braves and Astros have put on today. Now in the top of the 14th

Charles
10-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Cards vs Sox Cards in 5 games.. Just like cubbies said.

Cards have better pitching and that is what is going to out beat the astros..

keving421
10-09-2005, 06:30 PM
what a game between the Astros and Braves today, unfortunately i didn't tune in until the 11th inning, but it was still amazing. You could tell Roger Clemens was not going to lose that game once he came in in relief.

Charles
10-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Yankees Lose Yankees Lose!

Some AL East Champs they are.. They lose to the angels. 5 games..

Im rooting for the white sox lets hope they can pull it off with the pitching and defence.. But Cardinals have it all in the bag and they know it!

keving421
10-11-2005, 01:38 PM
i think the pitching staff of houston gives them a good chance to beat St Louis, but their offense is still questionable

djurzi
10-11-2005, 01:45 PM
i think the pitching staff of houston gives them a good chance to beat St Louis, but their offense is still questionable

I think it should be White Sox and St. Louis in the World Series. Houson has a shot, but I am going with St. Louis.

2stepnancie
10-11-2005, 02:23 PM
I think the sox are gonna have their hands full with the Angels but should take it in 6. I think the Cards win in 5.

DmbGreySt88
10-17-2005, 02:16 AM
Just got home from Bourbon street (local bar in outskirts of Chi-town) and the game was awesome unbelievable fantastic mucho fun mind blowing tickled my fancy haha long night gnight and LETS GO SOX

beer_n_dmb
10-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Great series. We discussed it in the other thread about Game 2. I am happy for the ChiSox. So much better than the Yankees or the Angels (I don't dislike them, but they just won in 2002).

October baseball, nothing like it. Hope the Sox take the whole thing. Must be nice to have your team in the Series.

TheBestofWhatsAround
10-17-2005, 02:33 PM
been sayin this all along wishing someone would listen

Charles
10-17-2005, 02:55 PM
well since the Cards are being whooped it looks like it will be the Astros and ChiSox so Im all for th AL and im glad to see the sox in the WS and they are sure going to take the series.

CrazyEazy
10-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Stupid Sox!!!!!

afcheerchic4u
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
southside pride!!! sox's are going all the way..all we need is to win the world series how unbelievable would that be :biggrin:

2stepnancie
10-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Anyone see Pujols hit that homerun? Crushed that thing, he was hit that where they were hitting it during the home run derby. They live to fight another day.

Charles
10-18-2005, 06:04 PM
southside pride!!! sox's are going all the way..all we need is to win the world series how unbelievable would that be :biggrin:

It would be awesome I hope the do it too!

Seriously BoSox '04 champs ChiSox '05 champs

beer_n_dmb
10-18-2005, 07:32 PM
Ok...so check out this crazy tid bit of info...

In 1917, the Red Sox won the world series and in 1918, the White Sox won it.

The Red Sox won the world series in 2004, and the White Sox may win it in 2005.

The odds of that happening have been said to be 18 million to 1 by the broadcasters during one of the games.

Crazy huh?

Charles
10-18-2005, 07:37 PM
Ok...so check out this crazy tid bit of info...

In 1917, the Red Sox won the world series and in 1918, the White Sox won it.

The Red Sox won the world series in 2004, and the White Sox may win it in 2005.

The odds of that happening have been said to be 18 million to 1 by the broadcasters during one of the games.

Crazy huh?

So in 2006 are 8 guys of the white sox going to get bribed to blow the world series? http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin2.gif

CrazyEazy
10-19-2005, 06:34 AM
So in 2006 are 8 guys of the white sox going to get bribed to blow the world series? http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin2.gif

Nice Call..... the sox blow anyways!

beer_n_dmb
10-19-2005, 09:27 AM

Would make for a hell of thread. :lol:

cubbies14
10-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Nah...they wil probably just blow the series on their own. Who cares about the White Sox???

beer_n_dmb
10-19-2005, 01:15 PM
Hmmm...bitter about the Cubs season? Hey, at least you have the best stadium and pre/post game bars to go to know matter how bad they are.

I think the ChiSox are gonna do it. No betting this year though, spending too much on DMB and on my girlfriend.

DmbGreySt88
10-19-2005, 09:38 PM
Who cares about the White Sox???

easy with that and what do u think about the astros pitching? gonna be pretty tough for the sox

JimiThing40
10-19-2005, 09:58 PM
This has the making of a great series...

DmbGreySt88
10-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Hmmm...bitter about the Cubs season? Hey, at least you have the best stadium and pre/post game bars to go to know matter how bad they are.

I think the ChiSox are gonna do it. No betting this year though, spending too much on DMB and on my girlfriend.

if u wanna be hit on by other guys then yeah:lol: haha im jk i dont hate the cubs that much i just hate when cubs fans put down the sox for the magical season that the cubs rnt having- i mean when the cubs were in the playoffs and the sox werent i never put down the cubs bc of respect of them getting there but its just a low blow saying who cares about the sox- i mean who cares about having the best record/division series champs/alcs champs/hopefully winning the world series anyway? :screwy:

DmbGreySt88
10-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Nah...they wil probably just blow the series on their own. Who cares about the White Sox???

ya we probably will right? we are lucky enough not to have a sabotaging goat and a guy named bartman on our side- thank god bc the playoffs dont matter anymore about the actually team, just about curses and a funny guy wearing glasses- go sox (:thumbsup: by the way dont get 2 defensive cub fans, just a die-hard caring about his team- ud do the same if the cubs and sox seasons were turned around and the cubs were in the series)

CrazyEazy
10-20-2005, 05:38 AM
ya we probably will right? we are lucky enough not to have a sabotaging goat and a guy named bartman on our side- thank god bc the playoffs dont matter anymore about the actually team, just about curses and a funny guy wearing glasses- go sox (:thumbsup: by the way dont get 2 defensive cub fans, just a die-hard caring about his team- ud do the same if the cubs and sox seasons were turned around and the cubs were in the series)

dude sox blow!:biggrin: .... and the sox wouldnt sell out "THE CELL" if it wasnt for cubs fans looking for an excuse to drink and party... But they sox do deserve the credit for doing damn good this year... but they still blow.

beer_n_dmb
10-20-2005, 07:32 AM
Is it just me or do the Astros resemble a hometown softball team. Bunch of white guys, with scruffy, stubby beards. They are pretty damn good too. Should be an awesome series. If for no other reason, to watch the Cubs and Sox fans battle it out on this site.

oh, dmbgreyst...thanks for the warning about Wrigley Field :lol:

cubbies14
10-20-2005, 09:33 AM
dude sox blow!:biggrin: .... and the sox wouldnt sell out "THE CELL" if it wasnt for cubs fans looking for an excuse to drink and party... But they sox do deserve the credit for doing damn good this year... but they still blow.

They got lucky...I don't know who I will pull for.... I consider both Astros and Sox mortal enemies!!

JimiThing40
10-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Brewers in '06

beer_n_dmb
10-20-2005, 10:09 AM
Who are the Brewers????

Just kidding, watch out for the Nationals.

cubbies14
10-20-2005, 10:13 AM
Who are the Brewers????

haha!!!

DmbGreySt88
10-20-2005, 11:11 AM
oh, dmbgreyst...thanks for the warning about Wrigley Field :lol:

just doin what i can :thumbsup: