PDA

View Full Version : Just for Laughs!

LibbyAnn
09-26-2005, 03:31 PM
Ok, this happened at school today and I just thought it was too cute. The 5th grade teacher across the hall today asked his students if they knew what a square root was. Only one little girl raised her hand so the teacher ask her to tell the class. Her answer? It's sort of like a highway but wider!:lol:

That reminded me of another one....

A few years ago I was teaching middle school social studies and there was a test question on who Sir Francis Drake was. Answer?

He was an Englishman who circumcised the world with a 20 foot clipper!

I'd love to hear more!!! Please contribute!

Charles
09-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Well this was awhile ago.. my lil cousin Jacob. started 2nd grade and I picked him up one day.. and he says to me Did you know President Lincoln as Donkey Donkey I nation? Im sitting there like whaaaaaat? Do you mean assassination? he says yes Donkey donkey I nation.. now after hanging out with him for awhile i was still wondering where in gods name he was getting donkey donkey part.. and it just hit me.. a donkey is an Ass.. so Donkey donkey Ass ass I Nation.. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.. What a easy way to learn how to spell a long word or remember a long word.

2stepnancie
09-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Well this was awhile ago.. my lil cousin Jacob. started 2nd grade and I picked him up one day.. and he says to me Did you know President Lincoln as Donkey Donkey I nation? Im sitting there like whaaaaaat? Do you mean assassination? he says yes Donkey donkey I nation.. now after hanging out with him for awhile i was still wondering where in gods name he was getting donkey donkey part.. and it just hit me.. a donkey is an Ass.. so Donkey donkey Ass ass I Nation.. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.. What a easy way to learn how to spell a long word or remember a long word.

I wish I could of came acoss stuff like that when I was in school. Very funny too Libby

PtDragon
09-26-2005, 06:43 PM
LOL I knew Drake was English but I didnt know he was Jewish learn something new everyday lol

MikeyCarson
09-26-2005, 09:15 PM
DMB related....My daughter was 4 or 5...we were driving in the car and Mother Father was on...Everytime Dave sang "Mother Father please explain to me" she started giggling...I asked her, "What's so funny?" She replied, "He keeps saying the fresh word." I said, "The fresh word?? What fresh word." She said, " I can't say it it's fresh." So confused as anything I ask her again, "What word are you talking about baby?" So she says, "The one that starts with an F." My wife and I had a good laugh....she thought Dave was singing, "Mother F*cker please explain...."

LibbyAnn
09-27-2005, 04:20 AM
That's cute Damian!

Charles
09-27-2005, 02:54 PM
DMB related....My daughter was 4 or 5...we were driving in the car and Mother Father was on...Everytime Dave sang "Mother Father please explain to me" she started giggling...I asked her, "What's so funny?" She replied, "He keeps saying the fresh word." I said, "The fresh word?? What fresh word." She said, " I can't say it it's fresh." So confused as anything I ask her again, "What word are you talking about baby?" So she says, "The one that starts with an F." My wife and I had a good laugh....she thought Dave was singing, "Mother F*cker please explain...."

Awww that is cute.. and to funny..

LibbyAnn
10-18-2005, 03:02 PM
A first grade teacher had twenty-five students in her class and she presented each child in her class the first half of a well known proverb and asked them to come up with the remainder of the proverb. It's hard to believe these were actually done by first graders. Their insight may surprise you. While reading these keep in mind that these are first graders, 6-year-olds, because the last one is classic!

1. Don't change horses.........................until they stop running.
2. Strike while the................................bug is close.
3. It's always darkest before..................Daylight Saving Time.
4. Never underestimate the power of.......termites.
5. You can lead a horse to water but.......how?
6. Don't bite the hand that.....................looks dirty.
7. No news is.......................................impossibl e.
8 A miss is as good as a ........................Mr.
9. You can't teach an old dog new ..........math.
10. If you lie down with dogs, you'll .........stink in the morning.
11. Love all, trust .................................me.
12. The pen is mightier than the ..............pigs.
13. An idle mind is..................................the best way to relax.
14. Where there's smoke there's ...............pollution.
15. Happy the bride who .........................gets all the presents.
16. penny saved is .................................not much.
17. Two's company, three's .....................the Musketeers.
18. Don't put off till tomorrow what ...........You put on to go to bed.
19. Laugh and the whole world laughs with you, cry and...you have to blow your nose
20. There are none so blind as ..................Stevie Wonder.
21. Children should be seen and not ...........spanked or grounded.
22. If at first you don't succeed ................get new batteries.
23. You get out of something only what you...see in the picture on the box.
24. When the blind lead the blind ...............get out of the way.

And the WINNER and last one...

25. Better late than ...................................pregnant.

djurzi
10-18-2005, 03:44 PM

:lol: That is pretty funny. I can see how that could be confused.