PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Opinions

onesuiteworld
09-17-2005, 08:49 PM
ok, well we all have an opinion on something-be it political, social, etc. so i figured id start a thread that could cater to any and every opinion. so, i invite everyone to talk about whatever they want, and challenge what they want in AN ORGANIZED MANNER!

enjoy

HLShivers
09-17-2005, 08:52 PM
"Organized manner"....Can I have a definition please?

TheBestofWhatsAround
09-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Who hates Bush here??

Alice
09-18-2005, 11:17 AM
Who hates Bush here??

hate is such a strong word, but i definitely think the man is a moron - not sure if name calling makes me any better, but i always get a kick out of calling him a moron :lol:

Sweetupndwn
09-18-2005, 05:00 PM
hate is such a strong word, but i definitely think the man is a moron - not sure if name calling makes me any better, but i always get a kick out of calling him a moron :lol:

If the shoe fits... :lol:

2stepnancie
09-18-2005, 05:10 PM
I am not a big fan of him, but I gotta admit after Clinton I didn't think we would be able to make fun of a president that much again. But everytime I look at him I think DUH?????? Then he talks and its like wow, I really am not as dumb as I thought. lol

Alice
09-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I am not a big fan of him, but I gotta admit after Clinton I didn't think we would be able to make fun of a president that much again. But everytime I look at him I think DUH?????? Then he talks and its like wow, I really am not as dumb as I thought. lol

you would think he'd be able to fake a bit of intelligence with someone else writing his speeches. clinton may have had some moral issues, but i think he ran the country pretty decently...

JimiThing40
09-18-2005, 05:16 PM
you would think he'd be able to fake a bit of intelligence with someone else writing his speeches. clinton may have had some moral issues, but i think he ran the country pretty decently...

Ha, I agree but I still voted for him

Sweetupndwn
09-18-2005, 05:30 PM

Clinton had eloquence...

onesuiteworld
09-18-2005, 05:40 PM
bush is plain out scary...for many many reasons that i have expressed in this thread

http://www.weeklydavespeak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3976

when you really think about it, you may wanna crawl into the fetile position for a while

Alice
09-18-2005, 05:52 PM
bush is plain out scary...for many many reasons that i have expressed in this thread

http://www.weeklydavespeak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3976

when you really think about it, you may wanna crawl into the fetile position for a while

it's close to my bedtime - do i really want to look @ this? :lol:

onesuiteworld
09-18-2005, 06:05 PM
well, it may keep you up...it scary

onesuiteworld
09-18-2005, 06:06 PM
but its something everyone should know

theponderousman
09-19-2005, 08:05 AM
Who hates Bush here??

OK, somehow I knew this was going to be posted, but what I'd love to see are the reasons why you (or others) hates Bush. In, as the original post suggest, an organized manner. If at all possible, try not to get TOO emotionally involved in the post as people tend to do with politics.

I'm not a FAN of Bush, but I don't hate him and try to see all sides of the 'situation'. He's no genius, that's for sure, but he does have some strong points to him which I'll point out in another post, as well as some horrible points to him (which I hope others will post as well, but again, with clarity, not anger) :biggrin:

Christian

onesuiteworld
09-19-2005, 02:07 PM
^^^^^ i think that we (by we i mean the bush haters here) have provided a good amount of information against him besides his stupidity elsewhere

Alice
09-19-2005, 02:10 PM
^^^^^ i think that we (by we i mean the bush haters here) have provided a good amount of information against him besides his stupidity elsewhere

so i'm definitely not a bush supporter, but i must again say that hate is such a strong word (this coming from a name caller :lol:)

Sweetupndwn
09-19-2005, 02:37 PM
For the record... I do not hate Bush and due to my current employment, I have to support him. I don't think he's made all the right decisions, but hey! He's human. Just because he's the President doesnt mean he's not entitled to a few mistakes. There have been a lot but I wonder how much of it is blown out of proportion because his approval rating among the American people is so low? I mean, the guy cant do anything without it being broadcasted all over the news about what an assinine act it was. (case in point...the "i need a potty break, Condy" note during a forum)

I try to look at it like the guy is just another normal, human being. Just my opinion, though. No shooting here!!!

onesuiteworld
09-19-2005, 03:17 PM
im sorry, but heres the setup. we do not know if there is life out in the universe, and ast least for the first few galaxies, we think there is none. that makes George Bush the most powerful man in our universe. and i think that the president of the universe (or usa) SHOULD be held to a higher standard than joe schmo on the corner. and as far as the mistakes go, they are numerous and HUGE

HLShivers
09-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Here's my opinion...Life's a bitch and then you die, Then unless you're lucky, death's a bitch too

onesuiteworld
09-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Here's my opinion...Life's a bitch and then you die, Then unless you're lucky, death's a bitch too

while that may be true, this life of ours seems like its going to last a while (now ill walk outside and a piano will fall on me) but for now, we need change

if we completly took that point of view, there would be nothing, just, well, unbridled pessimism

swedishphish
10-05-2005, 02:30 PM
I think Clinton got lucky in his terms. He had it pretty easy. Bush got the tough one, and simply isn't a good enough president to handle it very well.