PDA

View Full Version : Kayne West, Red Cross Fundraiser: "George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People."

Rob
09-02-2005, 09:09 PM
This just happened. (http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79)

Bryan
09-02-2005, 09:26 PM
it happend about 2 hours ago... i saw it live.

talk about the wrong time to pull that out. It made Kanye look like such a moron.

Rob
09-02-2005, 09:53 PM
it happend about 2 hours ago... i saw it live.
talk about the wrong time to pull that out. It made Kanye look like such a moron.
I disagree.

Here's a link to the video (http://zebrality.com/article.php?article_id=93).

dmdbmb
09-02-2005, 09:57 PM
Kanye is my new hero!!

djurzi
09-02-2005, 10:17 PM
I couldn't believe it when I saw it. And did you see Mike Myers face. He didn't know what to do..

JimiThing40
09-02-2005, 10:47 PM
I couldn't believe it when I saw it. And did you see Mike Myers face. He didn't know what to do..

:lol:

Bryan
09-02-2005, 10:59 PM
I disagree.

When this should hav been about nothing else than raising money and food donations, he made it about race. That fundraiser was apealing to all americans,.... how many republicans were watching that? a lot. Wheter of not he had a point, that was the absolte wrong time to bring it up, and the way he expressed was utterly rediculous.

Trippingoat
09-02-2005, 11:45 PM
from what i could see it looked like m.m. and kanye w. had a few mins to say what they wanted to about the misfortune in the southern part of our country...right after mike myers was done speaking , the camera went to another "host"...west probably decided to throw that in knowing that his time was up to speak...but yeah, im not sure that will help his record sales

Rob
09-03-2005, 01:17 AM
When this should hav been about nothing else than raising money and food donations, he made it about race. That fundraiser was apealing to all americans,.... how many republicans were watching that? a lot. Wheter of not he had a point, that was the absolte wrong time to bring it up, and the way he expressed was utterly rediculous.
While I appreciate the need to raise money for the disaster, a certain portion of any coverage should be dedicated to how the situation progressed to this point.

There was a serious lack of governmental response in the wake of the hurricane. Kayne's recent appearance on the cover of Time magazine (which reaches out to the white middle class) with the words "Class Act" followed by this very public outing of the role social-economic class and race played in the president's slow response time is just the type of cognitive dissonance the American public needs. imho.

He seemed desperate to get out the message and I applaud him for trying, even if it interfered (though incredibly briefly) with what should have been a non-partison fundraiser.

r

Alice
09-03-2005, 06:38 AM
it looked like mike myers was getting ready to say something after kayne's remark, but the clip cut to someone else...i didn't watch any of this last night, but was that all that those two said or is there more?

LibbyAnn
09-03-2005, 06:40 AM

I agree Bryan, it is not about race. We live in a country that allows freedom of speech, but with that freedom comes responsibility. He had a right to say what he did, but if all it did was insight more controversy and stop people from giving much needed funds, then he was wrong.

Alice
09-04-2005, 01:46 PM
i saw the part where kanye west said that "george bush doesn't care about black people" and the part about the time it took to get those people help deliberately taking longer, but i didn't see where he said that "they've given them permission to go down and shoot us."

and i can't help but laugh at nbc's disclaimer (http://www.nbc10.com/news/4931993/detail.html): "Tonight's telecast was a live television event wrought with emotion. Kanye West departed from the scripted comments that were prepared for him and his opinions in no way represent the views of the networks. It would be most unfortunate if the efforts of the artists who participated tonight and the generosity of millions of Americans who are helping those in need are overshadowed by one person's opinion." they were just trying to cover their own ass...

Pakelikaforprezz
09-04-2005, 01:51 PM
ahaahahahahahhaahahahahha.

Discriminati0WN3D!

dmdbmb
09-04-2005, 01:58 PM
While I appreciate the need to raise money for the disaster, a certain portion of any coverage should be dedicated to how the situation progressed to this point.

There was a serious lack of governmental response in the wake of the hurricane. Kayne's recent appearance on the cover of Time magazine (which reaches out to the white middle class) with the words "Class Act" followed by this very public outing of the role social-economic class and race played in the president's slow response time is just the type of cognitive dissonance the American public needs. imho.

He seemed desperate to get out the message and I applaud him for trying, even if it interfered (though incredibly briefly) with what should have been a non-partison fundraiser.

r

Hell Yeah! Anybody with clout and fame who isn't afraid to STICK IT to the Pres. is BADASS in my book! To many famous people are afraid to say something contraversial. I feel that being famous and having the ability to reach out to a large group of people leaves you with the responsibility to voice the opinions of those who won't get media coverage and will never get to tell "their" side of the story....Like I said b4 Kanye is my new hero!

CrazyEazy
09-04-2005, 07:10 PM
Hell Yeah! Anybody with clout and fame who isn't afraid to STICK IT to the Pres. is BADASS in my book! To many famous people are afraid to say something contraversial. I feel that being famous and having the ability to reach out to a large group of people leaves you with the responsibility to voice the opinions of those who won't get media coverage and will never get to tell "their" side of the story....Like I said b4 Kanye is my new hero!

i dont think this is about sticking it to the president, this is about a black man who can not let racism die out because they keep crying racism over shit that isnt about racism. I'll be racist and say 99% of the people you see looting are black, and well they all stayed behind cause they knew they were going to be able to loot. Now was that right to say?? No but who is causing the racism here? The people who wont let it go and thats generally the very select few of the african american community. What about all the people shooting at black police officers? while trying to help? its not about racism its about people who have no values...

dmdbmb
09-04-2005, 07:22 PM
i dont think this is about sticking it to the president, this is about a black man who can not let racism die out because they keep crying racism over shit that isnt about racism. I'll be racist and say 99% of the people you see looting are black, and well they all stayed behind cause they knew they were going to be able to loot. Now was that right to say?? No but who is causing the racism here? The people who wont let it go and thats generally the very select few of the african american community. What about all the people shooting at black police officers? while trying to help? its not about racism its about people who have no values...

You don't think that african americans get a bad rap from the media??? I wonder why all you see is black people looting??? Prolly cuz thats more of a story and it appeals to the viewers more (majority white). You act like racism and slavery are gone .... It's called socio-economic slavery BRO...

JimiThing40
09-04-2005, 08:38 PM

my thoughts exactly...sick of this shit

JimiThing40
09-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Police shot and killed at least five people Sunday after gunmen opened fire on a group of contractors traveling across a bridge on their way to make repairs, authorities said.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/04/D8CDNSVG0.html

CrazyEazy
09-05-2005, 09:34 AM
You don't think that african americans get a bad rap from the media??? I wonder why all you see is black people looting??? Prolly cuz thats more of a story and it appeals to the viewers more (majority white). You act like racism and slavery are gone .... It's called socio-economic slavery BRO...

I dont disagree at all the the media plays a role in this stuff, but the media does not pick favorites and it pretty much does this to everything, everyone, every war, it does what ever it can to not tell the whole truth and lie to get ratings. What about people who always are crying wolf (racism) like Rev. Jessie Jackass, or Louis Farrakhan, both these men preach racism in thier own "Media" Type ways. I just think its all crap, put racism aside help rescue everyone and put the assholes in jail white or black. I just dont think they need to bring this up and say people are racist for the lack of help. People who say that just need to put blame somewhere else instead of taking responsibility for thier own actions.

dmdbmb
09-05-2005, 04:50 PM
I dont disagree at all the the media plays a role in this stuff, but the media does not pick favorites and it pretty much does this to everything, everyone, every war, it does what ever it can to not tell the whole truth and lie to get ratings. What about people who always are crying wolf (racism) like Rev. Jessie Jackass, or Louis Farrakhan, both these men preach racism in thier own "Media" Type ways. I just think its all crap, put racism aside help rescue everyone and put the assholes in jail white or black. I just dont think they need to bring this up and say people are racist for the lack of help. People who say that just need to put blame somewhere else instead of taking responsibility for thier own actions.

I def. agree with you on this. It's just a shame that we can't get passed the whole race issue. I agree that american should just move on but at the same time I do understand how it is still frustrating for african americans. Yes on paper we all have equal rights (white, black, asian, whatever) but the truth is discrimation and like like I said slavery (in certain forms) still exist....But yes I agree with you.

MikeyCarson
09-05-2005, 08:09 PM
I just think he could have made a better statement had it been better thought out...It was rambling and unintelligent...had he actually wrote out a statement and practiced it it may have went over better. As it stands he may as well of said
"I'm gunna hate George Bush foreva eva foreva eva...." :somedevil

theponderousman
09-07-2005, 01:20 PM
This clip is a joke and just goes to show why most (not all), celebrities should just THINK (A LOT) before they go on public record and say something that makes them look absolutely STUPID, and diverts the TRUE cause of special circumstances (celebrities trying to help gain attention).

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great when a celebrity says something MEANINFUL and accurate about political issues IF, and ONLY if, they're thought out and have a point other than to cause hatred, such as this quote here! You know what, if you hate a certain politician, that's your choice, but don't use air time on something that's trying to bring HELP, LOVE, SUPPORT and MONEY to voice those opinions, that's NOT helping out you idiot! Write a song, go on Larry King live, that's great, but not on something like this.

I think NBC did the right thing in posting their disclaimer because you know what?? I wouldn't doubt it if people didn't give money because of his ill-timed comments!

My ramblings are boring even me, sorry folks ;)

Christian

CrazyEazy
09-08-2005, 05:47 AM
Great article on a lot of things that seem to be true about the Mayor of NO. how he is a loser money hunger asshole who needs to be taken out of office because of his lack of Leadership. And of course he is crying racism cause he is black. The racism crap is getting old, take responsibility for your self for once, not everything is going to be handed to you....

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/344065p-293598c.html

Rob
09-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Great article on a lot of things that seem to be true about the Mayor of NO. how he is a loser money hunger asshole who needs to be taken out of office because of his lack of Leadership.
The article said that?

CrazyEazy
09-08-2005, 11:15 AM
The article said that?

No the article didnt say that verbage, it did state that he is passing the blame way to fast. Not taking any of the blame himself. He is racist if you have listened or read about the way he talks about people or others its not in a respectful manor you would expect from a leader. I know that there is a total crisis issue going on thier but there needs to be some type of respect and control from the Mayor and his office, none which have been shown I.M.O. that is. I think all the red tape stuff about getting help needs to be cut out of the equation. shouldnt have to go local > state > gov then President in a disaster, it should go Local > President but thats not how it is. Again IMO..

mtlabor
09-08-2005, 11:53 AM
That article is pretty crazy. I was pretty shocked at what I was reading. There's really no room for blame anywhere when there's thousands of people displaced. The blame should be put aside and the help should come first before anything.

JimiThing40
09-08-2005, 01:01 PM
That article is pretty crazy. I was pretty shocked at what I was reading. There's really no room for blame anywhere when there's thousands of people displaced. The blame should be put aside and the help should come first before anything.

:thumbsup:

dmdbmb
09-08-2005, 04:10 PM
It's def. not just the Mayor who is putting the blame somewhere else. The local government is throwing it to the national government and the national governement is saying that it's the states fault. All I know is that the ground in New Orleans is very soft and the levies sink. In time the levies (sp) need to be repaired and rebuilt. I also know that the national government cut the budget for that and put the money somewhere else. I'm not saying that it is the national government's fault but it's too bad they cut the budget.

EDIT: The idiot that wrote that article is a joke.....He is rather quick to criticize NO Police Department. If you do a little research you will see that NOPD has 1500 cops to police a community of just under 500,000. While NYPD has 40,000 to cops to police 8 million. That means NOPD has 60% of the ratio of cops to civilians that NYPD has. That should tell you something about there funding and why they have a higher ratio of murder. So maybe since there wasn't a damn thing that cops could do while the hurricane was beating the shit out of NO, it wasn't such a bad thing that the cop-in-charge told them all to take off the day and ALL return the morning after for work.

9/11 was a terrible tragedy and no one will dispute that. But did 9/11 have 5000+ dead bloated bodies floating all throughout a few hundred mile span. How dare he compare this to 9/11 and the NYPD.

Then that ass of a journalist takes another shot at the NOPD and has the balls to say never in New York. Thats nothing more than a logical fallacie to get you to think of how honorable the NYPD is (which they are) and then he wants you to think about the Awol NOPD officers and place the blame on the Mayor. WTF???

That article is nothing more than POLITICAL PROPAGANDA! I would just assume wipe my ass with it...

All the meantime he is focusing on who's fault it is instead of what the plans are to prevent this from ever happening again. Or perhaps he could've just talked about something more positive. Like we aren't getting enough of the "he said she said" on TV....

CrazyEazy
09-09-2005, 07:17 AM

Agree... put the blame aside for now. after all is said and done then blame the mayor the gov. and all those assholes who are going to try to sell stuff on ebay.. to gain from the disaster.

LibbyAnn
09-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Agree... put the blame aside for now. after all is said and done then blame the mayor the gov. and all those assholes who are going to try to sell stuff on ebay.. to gain from the disaster.

People who take advantage of a tragedy for personal profit make me angry!! :pissed: I agree with the term you used, Chris!!!

onesuiteworld
09-11-2005, 01:49 PM
while kanye west voiced his opinion inappropriatly, he was exactly correct. bush doesnt care. new orleans may just be what brought it out of kanye west, but george bush is the only president who hasnt visited the NAACP since its founding in 1909

he was right on point

and it was pretty funny, did you see mike myers that whole time? AWK-WARD!

onesuiteworld
09-11-2005, 01:51 PM
also, that version wasnt complete, he says more stuff against the media (YAY!) before it...check it out

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/02.html

scroll down a bit and youll see it...its better

MikeyCarson
09-15-2005, 10:29 PM
All the meantime he is focusing on who's fault it is instead of what the plans are to prevent this from ever happening again.
Thats right! SO with that said I'm starting a boycott on all hurricanes! Who's With Me! :somedevil

onesuiteworld
09-16-2005, 08:07 PM
Thats right! SO with that said I'm starting a boycott on all hurricanes! Who's With Me! :somedevil

and to follow that train of thought, i think rain should be illegal...:confused::confused::confused:

dmdbmb
09-22-2005, 07:16 PM

You know what I meant about not having it happen again...i.e. Better evac. and emer. plans!

onesuiteworld
09-23-2005, 07:57 PM
You know what I meant about not having it happen again...i.e. Better evac. and emer. plans!

the irony is incredible...new orleans, no pre-katrina evacuation in the least. texas is in peril...EVACUATE 2 MILLION PEOPLE!!!

fuck bush

onesuiteworld
09-23-2005, 07:58 PM
^^^sorry if im being too blunt, but sometimes, just makes my cringe

and when you really think about it all, you may soon find yourself in the fetile position