PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Katrina & the Bayou!

GraveDiggingADitch
08-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Having gone thru Andrew, my eyes started to water thinking about what might happen to that area "down by the bayou"......
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU DOWN THERE.....

jeli41
08-30-2005, 08:14 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/30/katrina.neworleans/index.html

"The city of New Orleans is in a state of devastation," Mayer Nagin told WWL TV on Monday night. "We probably have 80 percent of our city underwater, with some sections of our city, the water is as deep as 20 feet."

Reading and watching all of this happening is really upsetting; hope everyone's family and friends down there come out okay.

gauerke
08-30-2005, 07:21 PM
There's a hurricane down by the bayou...pressure was down to 902 mb with the storm..impressive..im currently experiencing Tropical Depression Katrina and it hasnt stopped raining since 6 this morning(it is now 10:20pm)

Rob
08-30-2005, 11:58 PM
I heard on NPR that there is a danger of Alligators and Snakes invading the city of New Orleans with the flood. This guy at work told me about floating balls of fire ants. Whatever.

Complete devastation, yet this doesn't floor me the way the Tsunami did for some reason.

Alice
08-31-2005, 02:49 AM
I heard on NPR that there is a danger of Alligators and Snakes invading the city of New Orleans with the flood. This guy at work told me about floating balls of fire ants. Whatever.

i read the same thing, including the part about the fire ants....

spcmnspff4
08-31-2005, 04:43 AM
i was thinking about the hurricane last night and at the same time the tsunami crossed my mind... and i just realized (and i could be wrong) but where are any other countries in our time of devastation after we've helped so many in their's? :pissed:

Rob
08-31-2005, 07:29 AM
i was thinking about the hurricane last night and at the same time the tsunami crossed my mind... and i just realized (and i could be wrong) but where are any other countries in our time of devastation after we've helped so many in their's? :pissed:
Of every country on earth, we're probably the most prepared to handle a natural disaster. We simply don't need their help.

mauzyj
08-31-2005, 07:45 AM
Of every country on earth, we're probably the most prepared to handle a natural disaster. We simply don't need their help.

$3/gallon at the pump!!! i need someone's help :pissed:

Rob
08-31-2005, 07:46 AM
:lol: :feelbette

Alice
08-31-2005, 01:41 PM

once you find this someone, send them my way please!!! i got excited to fill up for $2.45 sunday in fredericksburg and today say gas as high as $3.01

LibbyAnn
08-31-2005, 03:38 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to those in New Orleans and Mississippi.

Looking for a way to help?

http://instapundit.com/archives/025235.php

http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html

Charles
08-31-2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks for sharing Libby.

GraveDiggingADitch
09-01-2005, 05:46 AM
prices up to $5.00 in some sections of the US per gallon now with waits in some places in Florida up to 2 hours.....Fill'er up while it's cheap and you can......

mauzyj
09-01-2005, 08:44 AM
prices up to $5.00 in some sections of the US per gallon now with waits in some places in Florida up to 2 hours.....Fill'er up while it's cheap and you can......

they shut some gas stations down in Georgia. rumors are that Hartsfield airport in Atlanta buys all is jet fuel from Gulf Coast places...they are in trouble now. the north carolina governor told folks to "stop driving". i saw $4~ a gallon on TV this morning somewhere...
i think the middle-eastern oil tycoons are picking out new airplanes as we speak.

LibbyAnn
09-01-2005, 09:28 AM
We all ought to be screaming!! The oil companies are price gouging! They are making a killing off of a tragedy! There is no way the price increases are really necessary!! Most of our gas stations have gone up $.50 a gallon in 24 hours. That's the same gas that was in their tanks! I want to see their profit margins at the end of this quarter!

CrazyEazy
09-01-2005, 09:35 AM
i posted this link before. keep an eye on this page as you will see top right the highest and lowest gas prices in the states.

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/new/default.asp

LibbyAnn
09-01-2005, 10:17 AM
But, Chris, the prices are changing so fast the sites can't keep up!!! They are at least 36 hours behind which makes them about $.50 behind.

daverules
09-01-2005, 10:55 AM
Holy Crap! 'Fats' Domino Missing in New Orleans! :pissed:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168122,00.html#1

CrazyEazy
09-01-2005, 11:25 AM
But, Chris, the prices are changing so fast the sites can't keep up!!! They are at least 36 hours behind which makes them about $.50 behind.

no they are up to date im seeing alot of prices that are posted 32 minutes old and some even posted sooner... they are up to date for alot of them.... but yes unless someone posts to the site the cost of gas in an area it wont be as up to date libby.

LibbyAnn
09-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Mine was not. But....FYI...

Subject: The don't buy gas day has been decided.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED
STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY
AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD
CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH
A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS
THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE September 10 HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK
IT TO THEM DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD
NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS
TO AS MANY PEOPLE A S YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS
YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL
THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO
THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB
NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE
GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO
RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO
RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING
THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING
MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END?
WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE
MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO
EVERYONE!!

Alice
09-01-2005, 01:57 PM

this is insane! :pissed:def rethinking my trip away this weekend :thumbsdow

CrazyEazy
09-01-2005, 02:39 PM
Mine was not. But....FYI...

Subject: The don't buy gas day has been decided.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED
STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY
AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD
CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH
A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS
THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE September 10 HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK
IT TO THEM DAY" AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD
NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS
TO AS MANY PEOPLE A S YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS
YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL
THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO
THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB
NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE
GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO
RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO
RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING
THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING
MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END?
WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE
MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO
EVERYONE!!

i remember getting this email when gas was going past $2 a gallon. It didnt work :pissed:

jeli41
09-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Just want to suggest, if you havent, to make a donation no matter how small. Every bit helps.:thumbsup:

redcross.org

CrazyEazy
09-02-2005, 12:31 PM
It def makes me sick reading all these articles on cnn and on drudgereport.com, about the looters and these people with guns roaming the streets at night killing people for petty things and shooting the police stations while cops are on the roof of the station trying to stop people from trying to get into thier precinct. Also there is a story i read right here (http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/katrina.impact/index.html) that totally tears me apart, about when the cop is talking about his peers and watching them die... freaking drives me nuts!!!

Alice
09-02-2005, 12:41 PM
It def makes me sick reading all these articles on cnn and on drudgereport.com, about the looters and these people with guns roaming the streets at night killing people for petty things and shooting the police stations while cops are on the roof of the station trying to stop people from trying to get into thier precinct.

don't forget the groups of guys that are going around raping girls - it's all so uncalled for. i know i can't even begin to understand what these people that have lost everything are going through, but seriously, behavior like this doesn't help the situation

CrazyEazy
09-02-2005, 05:58 PM
don't forget the groups of guys that are going around raping girls - it's all so uncalled for. i know i can't even begin to understand what these people that have lost everything are going through, but seriously, behavior like this doesn't help the situation

i think the ones raping women should have thier penis cut off. Thats what i actually believe should happen to all of the ones around the world who rape women. then people who bring all the stuff they could get that stolen from them... I can not say enough vulgar language describing these types of people.

purplejulied
09-02-2005, 07:02 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to those in New Orleans and Mississippi.

Looking for a way to help?

http://instapundit.com/archives/025235.php

http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html (http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html)

donated to red cross today.

the situation is horrible

Alice
09-03-2005, 06:10 AM
I can not say enough vulgar language describing these types of people.

i can't even come up with words to describe people like this - it's simply uncalled for

CrazyEazy
09-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Well looks like we have had support from alot of people
read here http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/04/katrina.world.aid/index.html

The most surpising was Fidel Castro " Cuban President Fidel Castro offered to fly 1,100 doctors to Houston, Texas, with 26 tons of medicine to treat disaster victims. "
Go Fidel!!! Putting all the other shit aside he is willing to step up....:thumbsup:

onesuiteworld
09-11-2005, 09:49 AM
the real tradgey here, besides the initial hurricane, is the lack of government effort put into this. FEMA is bullshit, they didnt do anything to prepare the gulf coast, and even now cant even get basic supplies to the people who need them. michael brown should be fired (he was temporarily removed yesterday--thats about as close as the bush administration will get to admitting an error), or even at this point, after the things he said on TV, shot.

FEMA cant do shit
Federal gov't is in the same boat
Whose gunna help New Orleans?