PDA

View Full Version : what do you do...

Alice
08-20-2005, 08:38 PM
when you get bad service at a restaurant? this made me so mad i had to tell someone - so i'm sure that everyone has heard that statistic about bad experiences: "a typical dissatisfied customer will tell eight to ten people about their problem. one in five will tell 20" yeah, so i'm going to tell more than 20 people damnit!

tonight we went to a restaurant called carrabba's. it's an italian place, sort of like the olive garden. anywho there were people waiting outside and the place was packed, but we were so excited when we found out we could be seated immediately at the pizza bar. little did we know we should have waited for a different table and a different waiter.

it took up 20 minutes to get water and another 10 to get a basket of bread. our waiter gave me the dirtiest look when i asked for a glass of water (i had ordered a drink from the bar) and told me it was going to be awhile and then proceeded to wave his hand in the air as he walked away from me. after 20 minutes of waiting, my mom's friend asked if we could go ahead and place our order. the kid then proceeds to slam his notepad down and take our order. the entire evening he kept giving us dirty looks and avoided us as much as possible. someone else brought our dinner out and i was ready to give that kid a tip then and there...it wasn't until maybe 10 minutes before we were done that our waiter actually stared to wait on us - ask us if we needed anything, etc. i guess he finally realized that the time was coming when he would be giving us the check and leaving him a tip, but it was too little too late. i've NEVER been to a restaurant where we didn't leave a tip (once we left a napkin with "get a new job" on it plus a couple of bucks)

i understand that they were busy and all, but honestly, it shouldn't have taken 30 minutes to get a damn sangria! so yeah, definitely won't be going back there again, although my mom talked to the manager and walked away with a gift certificate to use at home - they just opened up a new restaurant there last night. hopefully she will receive better service there

*rant over*

LibbyAnn
08-20-2005, 08:42 PM
I've eaten at a Carrabbas and loved it!! Great grilled salmon! I'm sorry you had a lousy evening!

Alice
08-20-2005, 08:52 PM
the manager said it was a "training issue" and they would talk to the kid about it - but that still doesn't give me very much confidence in their training methods. i personally don't plan on going back (unless i go with my mom who now has a gift certificate :lol: )

LibbyAnn
08-21-2005, 06:19 AM
Maybe other Carrabbas won't be so bad and her gift certificate won't go to waste! I just went to Olive Garden the other night and had the best waitress I've ever had! She had to deal with three giggling women and did great! So try there next time LOL

Just wondering, ever have the same experience at Outback? Outback and Carrabbas are owned by the same parent company - at least around me.

Alice
08-21-2005, 06:28 AM
olive garden is ok, not my first choice of restaurants....last time we were at outback (maybe 3 or 4 weeks ago) i swear our waiter was stoned, but that's a different story! the manager at carrabbas put such an emphasis on the "family" and "fun" environment they like to create, but i felt like asking her if we were the "black sheep" of the family for getting such a crappy waiter, but i held my tongue and laughed on the inside!

LibbyAnn
08-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Yeah - I'm sure part of manager training is how to deal with unhappy customers and they probably are given a speech to memorize!

Alice
08-21-2005, 06:41 AM
my mom seemed happy with the end result, but i had to break it to her that the conversation she had with the manager was pretty much rehearsed. it was the generic "i'm sorry that happened to you, blah blah blah " sometimes the people that say that are sincere, but i couldn't tell if this woman was or not. it was just so disappointing to go someplace new and have such an unpleasant experience. the food was wonderful, but i don't think i'll ever dine in again. maybe i'll have to get take out/carryout http://weeklydavespeak.banagale.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif