PDA

View Full Version : NASA's Return to Flight

Alice
07-26-2005, 02:58 PM
today marked NASA's return to flight after almost 2 and a half years since the loss of the shuttle columbia in feb 2003.

you can read more about it here (http://www.nasa.gov/returntoflight/main/)

at work today we got to watch the live feed of the shuttle going up and it was incredible - and i'm not saying that just cause i work with NASA :boings:

Charles
07-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Cool but you dont work for nasa.. stop lying to these nice people! Someday i personally want to be at a Kennedy space center in FL. just to see one go off in the sky.

Alice
07-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Cool but you dont work for nasa.. stop lying to these nice people! Someday i personally want to be at a Kennedy space center in FL. just to see one go off in the sky.

i didn't say i worked FOR nasa, i said i worked WITH nasa!

and if you go, i personally wouldn't plan on going the day the shuttle is actually supposed to launch...just look at discovery, it didn't go up on time!

gauerke
07-26-2005, 06:17 PM

Yeah i wouldnt mind watching one go up in the sky, i've always been fascinated with space travel as a kid.

DmbGreySt88
07-26-2005, 06:45 PM
My uncle is down there on a business trip and he said most of his partners did not even want to be outside to watch it because they were scared haha- he stood outside though and said it was pretty damn cool :thumbsup:

Alice
08-08-2005, 03:36 AM
for anyone else keeping up with this...the shuttle didn't land this morning (mission was already extended a day) due to weather (low clouds) @ the kennedy space center. the shuttle will make it's second landing attempt tomorrow at 5:08 edt

Sweetupndwn
08-08-2005, 11:29 AM
i didn't say i worked FOR nasa, i said i worked WITH nasa!

and if you go, i personally wouldn't plan on going the day the shuttle is actually supposed to launch...just look at discovery, it didn't go up on time!

Or at least have someone you know that works on the inside give you the scoops! ;-) But, it was absolutely amazing watching the shuttle take off. The whole experience was something I will never forget. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.

Alice
08-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Or at least have someone you know that works on the inside give you the scoops! ;-) But, it was absolutely amazing watching the shuttle take off. The whole experience was something I will never forget. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.

i've got a NASA id badge, it just says honeywell tsi under it :lol:

hopefully everything will work out tomorrow and the shuttle will land in florida and not california or new mexico!

Alice
08-09-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow morning.

is it wrong to be sad that the shuttle didn't land in florida this morning? i wanted to see pictures like the ones you took of the launch! stupid california :lol:

Sweetupndwn
08-09-2005, 06:14 PM
I hope it's not wrong because I feel the same way. I had to be at work early, EARLY this morning for the landing and then they diverted it again. So, needless to say, I was pretty bummed today. At least I got to see the launch up close though, and share some great photos with you!

Charles
08-09-2005, 06:52 PM
oh oh i wanna see photos.. please. Come on trisha no holding out!

Sweetupndwn
08-09-2005, 07:04 PM
No problem! Send me your email in a PM and I'll email them to you from work tomorrow. Wish I could've gotten ya'll return photos!

Alice
08-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Wish I could've gotten ya'll return photos!

the nasa.gov (return to flight) page has some decent photos but i honestly would have expected them to have more than they do

Alice
08-22-2005, 03:39 PM
I hope it's not wrong because I feel the same way. I had to be at work early, EARLY this morning for the landing and then they diverted it again. So, needless to say, I was pretty bummed today. At least I got to see the launch up close though, and share some great photos with you!

were you able to see the shuttle & the 747 land at kennedy on sunday?

Sweetupndwn
08-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Yes, I was there. It was really cool. I got a few pictures of them loading the shuttle onto the transporter plane from a friend at Edwards. I'll be sure to send the pics to you and Charles. My camera crapped out on me on Sunday so no dice there. Hopefully, I'll remember to send you the pics from work tomorrow.

Alice
08-25-2005, 03:09 PM
good stuff :thumbsup: i'd like to see those! the nasa return to flight page also has some pictures up that are pretty amazing