PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot

Dave L
07-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Someone please tell me what you would expect to pay for this lawn tractor:

gauerke
07-19-2005, 05:02 PM
my grandpa bought something similar to that..a few years older and he paid about 1,300 i think

HLShivers
07-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Dude, nothing runs like a deer! I want one.....but yeah, 1599$ is a little pricey so that I can mow my lawn more often...lol.

Charles
07-19-2005, 05:43 PM
i have seen those run for a good 2000$ this year.. My boss just bought one infact.

Dave L
07-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Alright, let me be more specific
according to the ad, Ifyou walked into Home Depot with flyer in hand, and wanted that lawn tractor, when you walked out of the store with said tractor, tell me what you paid for it, what you expect to get. Then I'll finish my story.:thumbsup:

theponderousman
07-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Alright, let me be more specific
according to the ad, Ifyou walked into Home Depot with flyer in hand, and wanted that lawn tractor, when you walked out of the store with said tractor, tell me what you paid for it, what you expect to get. Then I'll finish my story.:thumbsup:

The only thing I would think might be questionable is getting the $1799, minus the $200 rebate, and THEN....depending on how you read the add, you'd get an additional $200 gift CARD....(not rebate). Is that what you're getting at? :confused:

Joyride2GreySt
07-20-2005, 05:30 AM
lol i opened this thinking it would be a home depot appreciation thread hahaha.. so i came right in to praise the place and all i see is the same john deere that wakes me up 3 days out of the week by my next door neighbor. either way, i love home depot. but this is neither the place nor the time apparently... :)

Alice
07-20-2005, 05:35 PM
The only thing I would think might be questionable is getting the $1799, minus the $200 rebate, and THEN....depending on how you read the add, you'd get an additional $200 gift CARD....(not rebate). Is that what you're getting at? :confused:

that's what i was thinking....still too much to pay for a tractor if you ask me! :lol:

Charles
07-20-2005, 06:12 PM
so i took a better look at it.. depending on what the sales tax is.. if any.. you are goign to be paying 1799 or more in the store. then you get your rebate to mail in which you get back in like 2 months or more. is that what your getting at dave?

Dave L
07-21-2005, 02:25 AM
Now y'all are on the right track!
Regardless of how much is too much to pay for a Deere, Heres the shakedown:

I was told by TWO seperate HD locations that,(after viewing said ad) this was incorrect.

The graphical depiction (http://home.nycap.rr.com/nydmbfan/homedepotad.jpg) in the ad shows an initial purchase price of $1799. This , indeed gets you the gift card by mail. FACT

The graphic goes on to depict "- $200 mail in rebate"

Underscored, then the bold $1599 after manufacturer mail in rebate.

There is no interpretation issue here. It's in black & white.

HOWEVER: There is no manufacturer mail in rebate, only a mail in voucher for a free canopy (not listed in the ad). Thus, you ARE NOT getting the tractor for the advertised $1599 price. This is important as the value of $200 you would receive from the higher purchase price via gift card can not be applied to say your Home Depot Credit card balance, and is basically only good for more Home Depot merchandise.

Upon calling the corporate complaint department, I was told "Thank you for bringing this error to our attention". The representative did not seem the least bit concerned that the two seperate associates in two seperate stores candidly said its probably "just a marketing scheme" to get you in the store!

After subsequent argument and pointing out there ad policy(underlined) (http://home.nycap.rr.com/nydmbfan/homedepotpolicy.jpg), She said "Would you like 10% off?"
Hmm lets see, $179 dollars off and oh yeah that would opt me out of the gift card, sound like a deal. How bout' just some truthful advertising?

Thank you all for listening to my rant.

Pakelikaforprezz
07-21-2005, 02:30 AM
Hhhhmm... Thats some pretty good observing there. I never would have caught that.
Then again I wouldn't be buying a John Deere lawn mower either.

purplejulied
07-21-2005, 05:31 AM
I don't understand. So there was no rebate?Now y'all are on the right track!
Regardless of how much is too much to pay for a Deere, Heres the shakedown:

I was told by TWO seperate HD locations that,(after viewing said ad) this was incorrect.

The graphical depiction (http://home.nycap.rr.com/nydmbfan/homedepotad.jpg) in the ad shows an initial purchase price of $1799. This , indeed gets you the gift card by mail. FACT

The graphic goes on to depict "- $200 mail in rebate"

Underscored, then the bold $1599 after manufacturer mail in rebate.

There is no interpretation issue here. It's in black & white.

HOWEVER: There is no manufacturer mail in rebate, only a mail in voucher for a free canopy (not listed in the ad). Thus, you ARE NOT getting the tractor for the advertised $1599 price. This is important as the value of $200 you would receive from the higher purchase price via gift card can not be applied to say your Home Depot Credit card balance, and is basically only good for more Home Depot merchandise.

Upon calling the corporate complaint department, I was told "Thank you for bringing this error to our attention". The representative did not seem the least bit concerned that the two seperate associates in two seperate stores candidly said its probably "just a marketing scheme" to get you in the store!

After subsequent argument and pointing out there ad policy(underlined) (http://home.nycap.rr.com/nydmbfan/homedepotpolicy.jpg), She said "Would you like 10% off?"
Hmm lets see, $179 dollars off and oh yeah that would opt me out of the gift card, sound like a deal. How bout' just some truthful advertising?

Thank you all for listening to my rant.

Alice
07-21-2005, 01:57 PM
I don't understand. So there was no rebate?

there was no rebate, only a voucher for a free canopy and then the $200 gift card would be sent in the mail (to be used on future home depot purchases)

dmdbmb
07-22-2005, 10:20 PM
This is exactly why I despise home depot. IMO you should go to Sears and get a Craftsmen with THE SAME DAMN ENGINE and pay several hundred dollars less. I'm not singing Sears any praise here either but that's just me.

Shannon
07-24-2005, 04:48 PM
That's nuts Dave. But a nice looking tractor. :lol: