PDA

View Full Version : To wear or not to wear?

jenn21
09-29-2004, 11:17 AM
So I was sitting around talking with a few friends and we got around to talking about when you go to a concert, is it ok to wear the t-shirt of the band you are going to see?
Some of my friends say no, it's an unspoken rule that you do not wear the band's t-shirt. Others say who cares?
I personally don't care if people do although I don't and I really don't know why. I think I've just had that grilled in my head by other people.
I've seen this topic on other message boards so I just wanted to see what you all think. :)

CrazyEazy
09-29-2004, 01:50 PM
Well this year i wore a Chicago Cubs Authentic Jersey with DMB on the back and the number of 41. So i fall under the wear the bands shirt. I mean how could you not with all the kick ass shirts they have for sale your bound to fall for it and wear it.

Chris

lillyray
09-29-2004, 03:26 PM
I have never heared anything like that before...

tbone1818
09-29-2004, 10:18 PM
I am 'that" guy at the show. I ALWAYS wear a DMB shirt to a DMB show, without fail. I just don't care what others think--I love these guys, I'm proud of it, and I'm gonna show it. If you look around a lot of others do to-and it's not just the teeny bopper, newbies....alot of diehards (Daveheads) do to. I don't do it for other bands I'm going to see, I follow the no shirt to the show rule--just not DMB!!! I don't make rules showing my true love and true colors--DMB thru and thru!!!

PSU HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN A DMB SHIRT--WOHOO!!!!!! :praise:

Rob
09-29-2004, 10:28 PM
I think it is cool to wear old-skool or somewhat obscure DMB t-shirts to dmb shows. A Horde 96 or 95 t-shirt with dmb, blues travelor, and kravitz listed works for instance. Also, the vegas shows from 2001 had a special t-shirt, you could probably pull that off. (Because someone could see it and be like, "I was at that show, it was cool when...")

Wearing a regular tour shirt that is less than 4 years old is kind of bleh in my book, unless you just bought the shirt for the current tour and are wearing it out of the show. Even in this instance I would probably just throw it over my shoulder.

The golden rule for me is to never wear a t-shirt for a show or tour you did not attend (heavy emphasis on dmb). The exception would be for old rocker t-shirts that have become cultural phenom. like The Ramones or Pink Floyd.

I didn't realize that I had such a high-strung condition-based set of rules on t-shirts. heh. I think something like this goes in the same rulebook on whether you can listen to the band on the way to the show or not.

r

fanofdmb75
09-29-2004, 11:54 PM
do you listen to the band on the way to a show?
i do most of the time. it tends to get me pumped for whatever show i am going to see.....

Dave L
09-30-2004, 02:13 AM
I too have seen this on other boards, and I'm with Rob. I stay neutral, not cuz I think it's cool, it's just what I like. But fresh Tee's.....eeeehhhhh....I don't know, If ya love the band it shouldn't matter, but culturally a little hoaky! Dead shirts....well, I think this all some people have for their wardrobe! As for listening to the band? SH!@# yeah!, but don't sit around in the lot and listen to a studio album. What's cooler is to get some people who play guitar and cover some tunes...Way too much fun!!! :coffee:

OlivePoet
10-06-2004, 08:19 AM
ALWAYS listen to the band before the show. :D

And after!

Philly··D
10-08-2004, 11:01 PM
damn i wish i was as cool as u guys are. me n my buddy keep saying were gonna learn how to play guitar... but idk wats up with it.. guess its on the "to do" list. maybe someday we can all meet up b4 a show n jam :mon: i usually wear a bands shirt alot, maybe DMB, OAR, Howie Day... but i do wear em a few days a week (its became second nature lol)... idk bout concerts tho i guess i just like a regular t... i just like to be comfortable... even with the gals around :biggrin:

candyeliza
11-01-2004, 06:46 PM
I say wear what you want . It isn't a fashion show.

Proudest Monkey
11-05-2004, 02:31 AM
ALWAYS listen to the band or artist before and after each show you attend......it helps one savor the moment for as long as possible...........

arcitek25
11-24-2004, 01:38 PM
i say don't wear a band t-shirt to the show you are going to unless you bought it there. the story behind it is that EVERYONE there knows you are a fan b/c you are there, why tell everyone the same thing twice...ya know...another exception is if you have a really cool shirt that no one else has...like a bonnaroo shirt, a one-of-a-kind lillywhite shirt...ya know?

Charles
12-22-2004, 07:13 PM
I always wear a tour shirt to each show i go to.

and about music. for 2 or 3 days before the show i do not listen to any dmb (gets hard near the end) but starting the day of the show all i listen to is DMB i basicly go through my whole Cataloge of shows. Its really fun. This past year at Hartford Night two me and my friend our first time going to dmb with each other cranked DMB at 1201 am til the show started. It was the best night with each other in a long time

candyeliza
12-23-2004, 03:26 AM
:hypnodisk Hey were you near the "riot" 7-17-04 in Hartford? Thankfully we weren't in that parking lot.:chicken: Scary scary Hartford always a good good time!:mon: :hypnodisk :lol: I always wear a tour shirt to each show i go to.

and about music. for 2 or 3 days before the show i do not listen to any dmb (gets hard near the end) but starting the day of the show all i listen to is DMB i basicly go through my whole Cataloge of shows. Its really fun. This past year at Hartford Night two me and my friend our first time going to dmb with each other cranked DMB at 1201 am til the show started. It was the best night with each other in a long time

davephreak41
12-28-2004, 05:49 AM
Please don't be THAT guy at the show...I don't know why but it just annoys the heck out of me when people where the shirt of the band they are going to see...we all know you LOVE the band...you don't need to reiterate (sp?) it by wearing their shirt!

Also...I have issues with people who listen to the band they are going to see before the show...it is like masturbating before sex...

That is all...and that would be my first official post on these boards! (Besides in the introductions):lol: