PDA

View Full Version : Willie Nelson & Walmart

Dave L
07-13-2005, 02:27 PM
The new Willie Nelson album Countryman hit the shelves yesterday....with two different covers (http://www.boingboing.net/2005/07/11/willie_nelson_reggae.html) released from Universal Music Group Nashville . Seems like Walmart once again prefers the G rating of family values over freedom of expression:mon:. Maybe they should take a look at some of the refined, polite, people that work in their stores in Upstate New York.

HeatherSzos
07-13-2005, 02:47 PM
I saw something about this on tv this morning. Isn't it funny you can't have a pot leaf on a cd, but you can buy a gun. Give me a break! :screwy:

candyeliza
07-13-2005, 02:50 PM
I saw something about this on tv this morning. Isn't it funny you can't have a pot leaf on a cd, but you can buy a gun. Give me a break! :screwy:

You can buy your gun at Walmart. :lol:

gauerke
07-13-2005, 03:10 PM
^^Yeah, no crap:screwy:

purplejulied
07-14-2005, 08:08 PM
it's just bullshit. someone has a lawsuit against walmart because they bought a movie there and it had the f... word in it--they claim their child will be maimed for life.

people should just grow up

Joyride2GreySt
07-14-2005, 08:17 PM
in nashville everyone has a knife. no matter where you are, if you need a knife there are 100 people eager to let you borrow theirs. at bonnaroo, the security company i worked for confiscated at least 200 knives ON PERSONS trying to enter centeroo. all this, and willie nelson can't put a weed leaf on his cd cover. i mean, a freaking palm tree? what in the world does a palm tree say about "countrymen"?

MikeyCarson
07-14-2005, 08:40 PM
it's just bullshit. someone has a lawsuit against walmart because they bought a movie there and it had the f... word in it

people should just grow up
To a degree I agree with this...They sell censored Music but sell R rated movies and M rated video games....whats the difference?!?!?! It's not OK to hear Eminem say F, but it's ok to see Arnold say F before he blows someone away with a Rocket Launcher?!?!?!?! I'm not saying sueing Wal-Mart is the answer but why do they have such a clear double standard....if they're gonna censor stuff they need to cover all the bases. Wal-Mart just sucks that way. Thats why I D/L or shop Target for CD's....cause I'm not paying "record store" prices.

:lol: Poor Willie.....Wal-Mart will sell this:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=928951
a skull and cross-bones with a pot leaf on it puffing a blunt...but not his much milder original cover

Hmmm...I wonder if Wal-Mart censors their D/L music....I'm not spending the $0.88 :lol: to find out (why does there shit end in 88 WOW 11 cent difference in price HAHAHAHA - I guess it would cost them an extra $0.11 a D/L to include the word Fuck!)

purplejulied
07-14-2005, 10:43 PM
To a degree I agree with this...They sell censored Music but sell R rated movies and M rated video games....whats the difference?!?!?! It's not OK to hear Eminem say F, but it's ok to see Arnold say F before he blows someone away with a Rocket Launcher?!?!?!?! I'm not saying sueing Wal-Mart is the answer but why do they have such a clear double standard....if they're gonna censor stuff they need to cover all the bases. Wal-Mart just sucks that way. Thats why I D/L or shop Target for CD's....cause I'm not paying "record store" prices.

:lol: Poor Willie.....Wal-Mart will sell this:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=928951
a skull and cross-bones with a pot leaf on it puffing a blunt...but not his much milder original cover

Hmmm...I wonder if Wal-Mart censors their D/L music....I'm not spending the $0.88 :lol: to find out (why does there shit end in 88 WOW 11 cent difference in price HAHAHAHA - I guess it would cost them an extra $0.11 a D/L to include the word Fuck!)

pathetic