PDA

View Full Version : in the beginning....

pattything
07-12-2005, 01:17 PM
So i saw this kind of thread on another dmb fansite and i thought it would be great here

How did everyone get into dmb im sure everyone has their own story so ill start by sharing mine...nothing special

basically i was into the heavy dark stuff like system of a down and korn and mudvayne haha...amazing turnaround eh? well anyway it was my birthday and this kid who i barely knew gave me Live at Folsom Field as a gift...i said "ok.." So i told my friends , who were big fans before me and they were so jealous b/c they didnt have any live stuff...and i actually gave the cd to my friend...yeah looking back on it..what was i thinking...but anyway...i DID get it back b/c my friend whom i gave it to really thoght i should give it a listen...so i did ...and the first song i heard was ants marching...needless to say i was hooked instantly...i mean i was sitting there thinking...how can anyone make music this amazing...and that i never heard this before...i hid all my old cd's b/c i was now embarrased haha and listened to folsom field till i couldnt stand it anymore...then i kept buying their cds till i had everyone and now im a bigger fan than any of my friends http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin2.gif

everyone feel free to share their good story!

CortezTheKiller
07-12-2005, 01:43 PM
i had known about dmb for a while, my sister has been a huge fan since i can remember, i never really listened intenetly to them tho, i had heard crash, and ants marching, but that wasnt enough to get me hooked,i was pretty young at the time and i liked them becuase they were catchy not becuase i thought it was great music, one day i was making a mix cd of dave for someone and i sat down and listened to all the songs so i could choose which ones to put on it, i remember listening to lie in our graves and thinking wow, i cant believe all their music is really this good, its not just a few catchy songs, this is around when i picked up the guitar, and thats when i really got into the band, i wanted to learn all their music, its been about 2 and a half years since then and my music library is filled with all kinds of dmb mp3's, shows, and videos, im definatley hooked.

pattything
07-12-2005, 04:26 PM
dave is the reason i picked up a guitar http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin2.gif

Pakelikaforprezz
07-12-2005, 06:24 PM
dave is the reason i picked up a guitar :biggrin:

ME too. I wanted so bad to learn So Much To Say on guitar, I practiced everyday and got in a few months later. No lessons, no teachers, no chord memorizing. Just learned it. Now, two years later, I can play any DMB song I want, and I love it dearly! I suggest to everyone to pick up a guitar immediately!!

pattything
07-12-2005, 09:39 PM
what's your favorite song to play...personally i love jimi thing...dont know why its just makes my fingers feel good haha