PDA

View Full Version : DMB and Abortion??

lillyray
09-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Hey guys I have a question for you,

I was eating lunch today with some friends and one of the guys there mentioned something about DMB Being a big supporter of abortion, even going as far to say that $1 from every cd sale goes to support it. Now I have never heared this before, and I tried to find something that confirmes what he said, but I cant find anything.

But I wanted to see if any of you guys know anything about this?

lillyray
09-24-2004, 02:56 PM
shoot I am sorry, I just realized that maybe this should have been in the DMB/political part of the forum.
I dont want to start a debate or anything, I just wanted to know if anyone knows anything more about this.
But Mods feel free to move it.

Bryan
09-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey guys I have a question for you,

I was eating lunch today with some friends and one of the guys there mentioned something about DMB Being a big supporter of abortion, even going as far to say that $1 from every cd sale goes to support it. Now I have never heared this before, and I tried to find something that confirmes what he said, but I cant find anything.

But I wanted to see if any of you guys know anything about this?

i think either they are BSing you or they are full of it. Iv never heard of that at all either, if you'd like to look into it some more however, DMB has created a company to handle all their charitable donations. Each year Bama Works foundation creates a list of which organizations will get a share of charity money from the band. Another organization started by Dave and his siter Jane called the Horton Foundation also gives to a number of groups.
Bama Works from DMBs Website (http://www.davematthewsband.com/bama/bama_main.asp)
The Hortain Foundation thru DMBs site (http://www.davematthewsband.com/bama/bama_horton.asp)
:alumni:

jenn21
09-24-2004, 03:20 PM
I haven't heard anything about profits from CD sales going to support abortion. Also I don't know about "supporting abortion" being the right term. But we all know Dave is very liberal so I'm sure he supports a woman's right to choose.

lillyray
09-24-2004, 03:56 PM
well yes I know that Dave Matthews is very Liberal. Im just relaying the message as I heared it.
I was just curious.