View Full Version : 4 Bombs in London Thursday am

purplejulied
07-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Here's a link to this tragic story.

37 killed, 700 wounded.

www.cnn.com (http://www.cnn.com/)

spoonInspoon
07-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Very sad indeed... All cause UN Refuses to leave Iraq...More fuel to throw on the fire

spoonInspoon
07-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Julie... we gotta discussion going on sorda about this in this thread...

http://www.weeklydavespeak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2952

If ya wanna add your $.02

purplejulied
07-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Julie... we gotta discussion going on sorda about this in this thread...

http://www.weeklydavespeak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2952

If ya wanna add your $.02

kk thanks

purplejulied
07-07-2005, 10:56 PM
I am waiting to learn who claims responsibility for this.

The trains are supposed to be running for Friday am.

theponderousman
07-08-2005, 09:50 AM
Very sad indeed... All cause UN Refuses to leave Iraq...More fuel to throw on the fire

Wait.....so if the UN leaves Iraq (which they're not even there really, Bush won't let them in for the most part :biggrin: ), there won't be any more bombs and attacks by terrorists? Cause that's what this and other statements from anti-war people are saying.

I'll clarify more :biggrin: I think that we can all agree that the US is in Iraq almost by itself because Bush was too stupid and impatient and believed what he wanted to believe in 'intelligence'. Yes, the UK is there with minimal troop support, primarily in the SE section of Iraq where....there's very little 'bad' action....hmmmm, the Shites live over there, ok got it. So the majority of 'bad' action is coming from.....oh, Sunni areas, got it.

Those that have 'claimed' responsibility....some secret al-qaida organization in Europe or something....are 'demanding' that everyone leave Iraq. Um....why, so THEY can take power there? Don't tell me it's because they want to make Iraq a better place? And I thought that there was no connection between Iraq and Al-Qaida? Oh wait, having Al-Qaida agents in Iraq dinning with Saddam before he was 'asked politiely' to leave isn't really considered a presence there, got it.

I digressed there, sorry. Basically, what I want to make sure we're understanding, is that IF the UN (more so the 'Western Coalition I'm guessing though), leaves Iraq....that Al-Qaida won't bomb us anymore? Cause if that's the case and was believable, why all of the bombings before and up to 9-11? We weren't in Iraq. I don't buy that and nobody should. Al-Qaida is a terrorist organization that's willing to hurt and kill people for terror purposes. They don't really have a corporate mission statement except 'kill because we say so'. Keep that in mind...

I know this is being read as somewhat of a bitchy post, please know though that is't not and I mean that too. It's tough to come across as I want to on a post rather than in person :biggrin:

Christian, ThePonderousMan

mauzyj
07-08-2005, 12:01 PM
or its becaue the Brits re-elected Mr. Blair instead of an anti-war leader like the Spainies did after the Madrid train bombings.
either way - thoughts and prayers to those affected. map props to all the folks that went back to work today and to Mr. Blair for heading home to take care of business. keep hope.

spoonInspoon
07-08-2005, 12:23 PM
All I'm stating is in a nutshell is the UN shoulda never stepped foot in Iraqi soil in the first place, when we 1st got over there everyone had there "thats a good idea face on"... And now look at the country(because people are finnaly catching on to the brainwashing of Bush) We have 54% of America believing that bush Intentionally mis-led into war,not to mention recruitment has dropped a wopping 40%...Another STUUUUUUUPID mistake will now take a couple of Decades to fix...IF we make it that far... We shoulda kept our Focus on Afghanistan AND AL quieda. NOT IRAQ... The longer the UN stays in IRAQ the more likly were gonna here about more tragic storie ...like this one, any way ya look at it, were fucked. Like i said more fuel to add to the fire

purplejulied
07-08-2005, 11:51 PM
The trains were running today. 2 additional bombs were found that didn't go off.:boings:

The G8 meeting continues.

Paige
07-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Wait.....so if the UN leaves Iraq (which they're not even there really, Bush won't let them in for the most part :biggrin: ), there won't be any more bombs and attacks by terrorists? Cause that's what this and other statements from anti-war people are saying.

I'll clarify more :biggrin: I think that we can all agree that the US is in Iraq almost by itself because Bush was too stupid and impatient and believed what he wanted to believe in 'intelligence'. Yes, the UK is there with minimal troop support, primarily in the SE section of Iraq where....there's very little 'bad' action....hmmmm, the Shites live over there, ok got it. So the majority of 'bad' action is coming from.....oh, Sunni areas, got it.

Those that have 'claimed' responsibility....some secret al-qaida organization in Europe or something....are 'demanding' that everyone leave Iraq. Um....why, so THEY can take power there? Don't tell me it's because they want to make Iraq a better place? And I thought that there was no connection between Iraq and Al-Qaida? Oh wait, having Al-Qaida agents in Iraq dinning with Saddam before he was 'asked politiely' to leave isn't really considered a presence there, got it.

I digressed there, sorry. Basically, what I want to make sure we're understanding, is that IF the UN (more so the 'Western Coalition I'm guessing though), leaves Iraq....that Al-Qaida won't bomb us anymore? Cause if that's the case and was believable, why all of the bombings before and up to 9-11? We weren't in Iraq. I don't buy that and nobody should. Al-Qaida is a terrorist organization that's willing to hurt and kill people for terror purposes. They don't really have a corporate mission statement except 'kill because we say so'. Keep that in mind...

I know this is being read as somewhat of a bitchy post, please know though that is't not and I mean that too. It's tough to come across as I want to on a post rather than in person :biggrin:

Christian, ThePonderousMan

Christian--- Have you ever considered being either a newscaster, or a lawyer?

purplejulied
07-09-2005, 10:41 PM
The death total is climbing, and I think it will continue for a few more days. At least the other 2 bombs didn't go off.

theponderousman
07-10-2005, 01:52 PM
Christian--- Have you ever considered being either a newscaster, or a lawyer?

That'd be fun huh?? Not a lawyer, they have to do WAY too much boring work lol

Actually, down the road I'd love to be either a stand up comedian (I've done a few small routines her ein Omaha for the fun of it), or a motivational speaker. THAT would be fun! :biggrin:

Paige
07-10-2005, 07:05 PM
That'd be fun huh?? Not a lawyer, they have to do WAY too much boring work lol

Actually, down the road I'd love to be either a stand up comedian (I've done a few small routines her ein Omaha for the fun of it), or a motivational speaker. THAT would be fun! :biggrin:

Go for it. I think you'd be good at it.

purplejulied
07-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Death toll still climbing. Lots of bodies lodged in the tunnels with difficult access. 50 people still missing.

purplejulied
07-12-2005, 11:40 PM
Several bodies were identified today as suicide bombers. Searches were conducted, and lots of bomb making materials and a car used to commit the crimes were identified.

purplejulied
07-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Some moments of silence, it's been a week.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............

purplejulied
07-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Bombs again. Fortunately no one was injured. And someone was caught.