PDA

View Full Version : 4th of july

Alice
07-01-2005, 03:23 PM
don't know if it's already been posted (i.e. in all the threads that now contain random stuff) but what are everyone's plans for the holiday weekend?

i'm going to the eastern shore (of maryland) planning on hanging out at the pool/beach, and working on my tan and whatever else requires me to do very little :boings:

LibbyAnn
07-01-2005, 04:40 PM
I'll be hanging out with family on the 4th and doing the fireworks thing and then spending the day in Philly on the 5th and going to the DMB concert in Camden!!!!!

Charles
07-01-2005, 05:34 PM
im going my buddies Dan house on the lake sunday. Drink some good white russians. Go swimming and play some games

Joyride2GreySt
07-01-2005, 06:01 PM
cape may for fireworks on the 3rd and 4th, then dave in camden on the 5th and 6th!!!!

hckyplyr0822
07-01-2005, 07:16 PM
goin to my buddy's on the lake and wishing i was at one of the concerts in camden or live 8

LibbyAnn
07-01-2005, 07:33 PM
I've got an extra ticket for the 5th! My friends suck! No one wants to or can go!!!

HLShivers
07-01-2005, 07:37 PM
lol....I'll be on the beach of Wilmington, NC for the fourth....And driving home that night. God, I'm gonna be tired on Tuesday

hckyplyr0822
07-01-2005, 07:47 PM
haha...i wish i could go...Dave never comes to MI. thanks anyways Libby

LibbyAnn
07-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Too bad!! Sigh!

hckyplyr0822
07-01-2005, 07:53 PM
ya...Libby we have like a million different convos goin in a couple different threads haha

LibbyAnn
07-01-2005, 07:56 PM
I know! I'm getting whiplash! Every once in a while I feel like me and one or two others are the only ones here!! It's a blast though! Once, it was me and one other person so we moved it to IM! LOL!

hckyplyr0822
07-01-2005, 08:07 PM
ya lol....would definately be a lot easier. did u get an IM today about having to pay for AIM starting this month?

LibbyAnn
07-01-2005, 08:09 PM
NO! Is that a scam???

hckyplyr0822
07-01-2005, 08:15 PM
i have no idea. i know a couple of other people go it to though

LibbyAnn
07-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Keep us posted! So...back to the theme of the thread, any good fireworks or local concerts where you are on the 4th? We have a park right in town that hosts a concert and then ends with fireworks. I went last year and it was awesome! The fireworks go off right over your head so you can lay down and look straight up - way cool. I swear the fireworks lasted for a full 45 minutes too! They were donated by some local companies and rich people. Of course you do get a little dirty from the ashes but it is a great experience!

hckyplyr0822
07-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Marshall Field's always sponsers a HUGE fireworks show over the Detroit River every year. I work at DTE energy music theather which is where all the big gigs are played in the area....im debating whether or not to work Pat Benatar on the 4th. I've got Tigers-Yankees tix for tommorow so I cant work John Fogerty and John Mellencamp..... But hey, i'm seeing the yankees.

LibbyAnn
07-01-2005, 08:30 PM
YUCK!! I don't mind baseball, but the Yankees??!! I thought I liked you, kid!! Just kidding...My ex was from NY so I'm still a little prejudice against it! But have a blast!

hckyplyr0822
07-01-2005, 08:33 PM
hey! im rooting against those bastards! hate em too lol. my Tigers already came through tonite, they won 10-2. i hope they can repeat that tommorow

LibbyAnn
07-01-2005, 08:36 PM
LOL!!! Thank goodness! I was afraid I'd have to stop liking you!!

Hey! This has been a ball! But I've got to get to bed!!! Unfortunately, alone! Busy day with friends tomorrow! Have a good one! Hope to see you on the boards again soon!

Nite Sean! And everyone else!

hckyplyr0822
07-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Night Libby. look forward to talking to u again!

purplejulied
07-02-2005, 05:17 AM
I plan to go trailering with several friends and our horses to Mount Diablo.

purplehaze18
07-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Im having people up to the house in canada, having a bonfire and taking my gf up to the lighthouse at the point for fireworks n stuff

spoonInspoon
07-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Working all day:thumbsdow

purplejulied
07-03-2005, 10:44 PM
Have a fun and safe holiday everyone.

Tara
07-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Me and my hubby quit our jobs and gave 2 weeks notice, so I think we are going to close the property early and go somewhere where the kids can have fun and watch fireworks. :biggrin:

MikeyCarson
07-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Found out Point Pleasant Beach is have fireworks this 4th....me and the fam will be headed there sometime this afternoon! And for all of you wondering...Yes it is the town the show is based on and No it looks and is nothing like the show

Shannon
07-04-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm staying home. As usual. I got no place to go. Everyone that I used to visit is dead. Oh, well.

But last night, I got to watch an almost hour-long display of illegal fireworks from my driveway. Two houses down from mine had a bunch of illegal fireworks. Then other houses on the other side of the mountain had them, too. Couldn't see them, just hear them. That's a good thing living in the boonies-no cops can see them, and no cops ever come in the first place.

Alice
07-04-2005, 12:38 PM
2 days of shopping (gotta love outlets in deleware) and 1 evening of fireworks on the beach...now it's time for the pool and a cookout! :boings:

purplejulied
07-04-2005, 09:19 PM
what did you buy Alice?

went horseback riding early this am. went to the market, and spent the day barbequing and relaxing with my husband.

HLShivers
07-05-2005, 05:21 AM
I spent my fourth in the car driving back home...Not the greatest day ever but it was a over all great weekend

Alice
07-05-2005, 01:19 PM
what did you buy Alice?

went to the corningware outlet to replace a dish/bowl that got broken, shoes, a zillion pairs of pants (well only 5) a bathing suit and i started on christmas gifts for my family (have half my my mom and sister's gift taken care of) oh, and i got 1 (well really 3) fun souvenirs for chuck!

did anyone catch any fireworks?

HLShivers
07-05-2005, 01:26 PM
No! :feelbette

I wanted to but it was a long drive so I went home and went to bed. I heard alot though, if that counts. :lol:

purplehaze18
07-05-2005, 03:09 PM
That was FUN....

tiglet26
07-01-2007, 06:25 PM
time to bring out an old thread....

I'll be battling my way through the Taste of Chicago on the 4th this year. I'll get to catch a free Robert Randolph/John Mayer concert while I'm there too! Anyone else in the area planning on being crazy and going downtown that day?!

Alice
07-01-2007, 07:32 PM

old doesn't even begin to cover it!

joyrider395
07-01-2007, 10:20 PM
not gonna see mayer cuz im seein him the day before.... but ill be celebrating the forth with a lil streetlife manifesto, reel big fish and less than jake at summerfest..... should be cool

Johnny K.
07-02-2007, 06:27 AM

I'll be battling my way through the Taste of Chicago on the 4th this year. I'll get to catch a free Robert Randolph/John Mayer concert while I'm there too! Anyone else in the area planning on being crazy and going downtown that day?!
I'll most definitely be there for RRFB w/ Andrew and a group of others!!!

wired
07-02-2007, 08:37 AM
we are heading up to cincinnati to go biking on the rails to trails on wed. and then doing some fireworks wed. night. so far, we have to pick between 2 different ones - the 80's band heart is playing one and the bands kansas and asia are sharing the stage at another. oh, the choices! :lol:

Paige
07-02-2007, 10:04 AM
we are heading up to cincinnati to go biking on the rails to trails on wed. and then doing some fireworks wed. night. so far, we have to pick between 2 different ones - the 80's band heart is playing one and the bands kansas and asia are sharing the stage at another. oh, the choices! :lol:

Ooooh Carrie, Jefferson Starship is playing at one of the local high schools, so I totally understand the difficult decision you must be making :biggrin: I'm sure all of these bands have one (or zero) original members. I must say though, Heart would be difficult to stand up.

seekupcanuck420
07-02-2007, 10:06 AM
we have the "New" Cars playing here at the Legendary Wildhorse Saloon here on Friday.

As for the 4th I am doing nothing I celebrated my Canada Day yesterday :biggrin: even if I live in the states :lol:

davesdiva
07-02-2007, 10:26 AM
we have the "New" Cars playing here at the Legendary Wildhorse Saloon here on Friday.

As for the 4th I am doing nothing I celebrated my Canada Day yesterday :biggrin: even if I live in the states :lol:

Wildhorse is fun! Do you frequent that place? Is the Bat Bar still there? Oh, and Dangerous Threads? That is a great place for clothes! ALL the stars shop there! :biggrin:

wired
07-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Ooooh Carrie, Jefferson Starship is playing at one of the local high schools, so I totally understand the difficult decision you must be making :biggrin: I'm sure all of these bands have one (or zero) original members. I must say though, Heart would be difficult to stand up.

hi paige! how have you been???? and yes, it is rough. though i wouldn't be surprised if it were the original 2 women of heart. i mean, they were sisters, lol. (yes, sad i know this...) do all the washed up bands come out on the 4th? just think, someday we might get to roll our walkers around dancing to dmb on a little stage on the 4th. :lol:

and ollie, sheesh. it is a free party day. what is the MATTER with you? :biggrin:

seekupcanuck420
07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Wildhorse is fun! Do you frequent that place? Is the Bat Bar still there? Oh, and Dangerous Threads? That is a great place for clothes! ALL the stars shop there! :biggrin:

Nope but I've stumbled by drunk a few times :lol:

davesdiva
07-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Nope but I've stumbled by drunk a few times :lol:
You should give it a try sometime...maybe best if when you're stumbling by drunk! :lol:

Paige
07-02-2007, 11:05 AM
hi paige! how have you been???? and yes, it is rough. though i wouldn't be surprised if it were the original 2 women of heart. i mean, they were sisters, lol. (yes, sad i know this...) do all the washed up bands come out on the 4th? just think, someday we might get to roll our walkers around dancing to dmb on a little stage on the 4th. :lol:

I've been good Carrie, thank you. Busy though, and glad it's summer (I'll never leave wds for over 5 months ever again :lol:). How have you been? Somehow I don't think DMB will ever have to resort to playing worthless shows on the 4th of July...They have far too much of a history and a following (and...reputation?)

seekupcanuck420
07-02-2007, 11:34 AM
You should give it a try sometime...maybe best if when you're stumbling by drunk! :lol:

Yeah I know I need to just buck up and go in there and go howdy ya'll :lol:

I need to get a cowboy hat oh lord that pic would be classic :biggrin:

davesdiva
07-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Yeah I know I need to just buck up and go in there and go howdy ya'll :lol:

I need to get a cowboy hat oh lord that pic would be classic :biggrin:
Now yen's need to make sure an' send me that thar pic, now ya here! :biggrin: lol!

sbdmb_fanatic
07-02-2007, 09:39 PM
i have no idea who or what is playing in racine... but i have to work from 8-3 on the fourth so this will be the first time in my life that i have ever missed the parade festivities... but i will for sure catch the fire works and the cookouts after work

bamwam
07-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Smith Mountain Lake

tiglet26
07-03-2007, 12:00 AM
I'll most definitely be there for RRFB w/ Andrew and a group of others!!!

I'll definately be giving you a call that afternoon! I'll have another 4 from my Alpine crew with me!

Johnny K.
07-03-2007, 06:27 AM
I'll definately be giving you a call that afternoon! I'll have another 4 from my Alpine crew with me!

Sounds like a plan to me. I plan on getting there pretty early to get some good seating! :boings: