PDA

View Full Version : This is from Indonesia!

bigazzu
06-28-2005, 11:24 PM
(first of all, I'm sorry for my poor English :biggrin: )

It's my pleasure that I can be part of this forum.
I'm a big fan of DMB living in Malang, Indonesia. Carter is my favorite... the greatest drummer in the world I think.

Just wondering when I can see the DMB live show... :) maybe it will never happen, my country is too far, and too little fans here, even it's too difficult to find any DMB's cassettes, cds, and dvds here. I just collect the MP3s from the p2p program. Maybe anybody here can help me how to buy the dvd?

I hope you guys can help me, because i'm a newbie here, i know nothing and my english is poor...

Is there any DMB fans from outside US like me? maybe from Indonesia i hope

purplejulied
06-28-2005, 11:31 PM
How cool, Welcome.

Videos are sometimes posted on here. You can buy dvds at the official dave matthews band website

www.dmband.com (http://www.dmband.com)

bigazzu
06-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Wow, it's very fast reply! thx for the warm welcome!
Is there any thread specially for posting video? or the links to download? I think i can't afford the official dvd, it's too expensive for an Indonesian like me. How about the unofficial ones, like bootlegs or something? Is it allowed in this forum?

MikeyCarson
06-29-2005, 12:04 AM
How cool, Welcome.
Videos are sometimes posted on here. You can buy dvds at the official dave matthews band website
www.dmband.com (http://www.dmband.com)

Might run into region coding issues threw there though...unless the DVD player is universal or de-coded....at anyrate:

WELCOME to WDS BIGAZZU

purplejulied
06-29-2005, 12:05 AM
there is a dmb video section to this forum:)

go to forum jump at the bottom of the page

under media

is dmb videos

bigazzu
06-29-2005, 12:16 AM
there is a dmb video section to this forum:)

go to forum jump at the bottom of the page

under media

is dmb videos

thx for the info! :)

Dave L
06-29-2005, 03:09 AM
Hi Bigazzu and Welcome to WeeklyDavespeak! It's great to get some more international members. We have a great bunch of people here who are extremely helpful so I am confident you will find what you are looking for.
You have been entered into the monthly contest for new users.

jeli41
06-29-2005, 05:50 AM
Check out www.dmbvideos.com, (http://www.dmbvideos.com,) every Saturday a new video of a song is put online for download. Its not a whole concert, but its a start:) Welcome! :thumbsup:

dmdbmb
06-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Welcome biggazu!!! Your english is actually very good..

bigazzu
06-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Is it? Thanx..
About the monthly contest..., When is the anouncement of the winners? I hope the prize is a free concert ticket, and an airplane ticket from Jakarta .... :D

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 07:28 AM
lol...The contest is for an awesome wds keychain!
And yes, You're english is actually better than some people who have lived here all their lives! Welcome to the boards!!

jeli41
06-30-2005, 07:42 AM
Is it? Thanx..
About the monthly contest..., When is the anouncement of the winners? I hope the prize is a free concert ticket, and an airplane ticket from Jakarta .... :D

lol That would be something. I'd prob make up new accounts so I could enter the contest until I won!:lol:

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 07:45 AM
Yeah, I know...That would be awesome! Maybe once this site gets bigger and brings in some money we can get that done!!! lol

bigazzu
06-30-2005, 07:56 AM
What is keychain? Please don't be mad if this is a fool question... because i really don't know what it is... :(

Is there any possibilty that I can get a taped concerts in mail? Because I just got 2 copy of official concert releases : Listener Supported and Live in Folsom Field Boulder. I really want to see DMB paly the "Crash" and "Under The Table and Dreaming" songs on stage. I am willing to buy them, but I don't know how to pay? Is there any other ways beside downloading them? Because my connection is too bad, maybe it can take forever to download a 100MB file of concert!.
(Is my english correct?)

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Are you just wanting audio? Or are you wanting a video of the shows?? And you don't have to pay...We can probably help you out on what you need!
A keychain is a little ornament that you put keys on...
Here it looks like this.....

purplejulied
06-30-2005, 08:01 AM
A key chain is a ring to keep the keys to your house or car on.

You can ask members to b & p concerts. You mail cds to them and they make copies for you and mail them back.

bigazzu
06-30-2005, 08:16 AM
Wow, it's look very cool!! I hope I'll be the one who win that...

@HLShivers
Is it serious? Wow, thanks!!! This is a great Forum!!! I think I like the video more than the audio (because I've got a lot of the MP3s already :D)... once again, thanks!! wow, i'm very exiting!!!!

bigazzu
06-30-2005, 08:22 AM
A key chain is a ring to keep the keys to your house or car on.

You can ask members to b & p concerts. You mail cds to them and they make copies for you and mail them back.

what is b & p concerts? once again i'm sorry if this is a fool question..
So, i ask members and then mail the blank cds?

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Yes, There is a thread that tells you all about it!

bigazzu
06-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, i've got it, thanks.
I just signed up for a b&p, and now i'm waiting for the confirmation. My first b&P!

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 09:24 AM
lol...It's pretty cool. http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin2.gif

purplejulied
06-30-2005, 07:36 PM
Cool, go bigazzu

bigazzu
07-01-2005, 04:17 AM
Arghhh, just read the replies on the b&p thread that i signed up. My b&p was rejected because of my location. Maybe i should wait untill DMB perform live in here, which could be never.....

Is it any possibilty doing b&p with member from outside US? Has it ever happen before?

Shannon
07-01-2005, 03:42 PM
Welcome bigazzu. Awesome to have someone here from Indonesia!

bigazzu
07-01-2005, 09:49 PM
Welcome bigazzu. Awesome to have someone here from Indonesia!

Thanks. I'm very exciting too become a member of WDS. I'm impressed of the quick and warm welcome here. Nice to know you, Shannon..

Tara
07-01-2005, 11:49 PM
Welcome! It is nice to have someone one here that is not from around here.

drb541
07-02-2005, 02:16 AM
Hi, bigazzu! Sorry to have the first thing I say to you be a correction, but I know when I am speaking another language I want people to help me out, so I just wanted to tell you that you have been using the word "exciting" incorrectly. You mean to use the word "excited" instead.
If something is "exciting" it makes people feel "excited."
I hope this makes sense!
Again, nice to have you here! :biggrin: Hope to talk to you more in the future!

bigazzu
07-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Hi, bigazzu! Sorry to have the first thing I say to you be a correction, but I know when I am speaking another language I want people to help me out, so I just wanted to tell you that you have been using the word "exciting" incorrectly. You mean to use the word "excited" instead.
If something is "exciting" it makes people feel "excited."
I hope this makes sense!
Again, nice to have you here! :biggrin: Hope to talk to you more in the future!

Thanks for the correction, drb541. It's very helpful. It looks like just a little mistake, but it means different. If you want to learn Indonesian, I can help you out! :)
Nice to know you,drb541!!!

mydreamingtree
07-05-2005, 02:42 PM
i like your signature, very creative!^^^^

HLShivers
07-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Oh hell, I will make it myself and send it to you! That is if I have it....What shows are you looking for?

Shannon
07-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks. I'm very exciting too become a member of WDS. I'm impressed of the quick and warm welcome here. Nice to know you, Shannon..

Nice knowing you, too. :)

bigazzu
07-06-2005, 06:28 PM
i like your signature, very creative!^^^^

Thanks, It took a couple hours to get that :boings: Nice yo know you, mydreamingtree.

bigazzu
07-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Oh hell, I will make it myself and send it to you! That is if I have it....What shows are you looking for?

Thanks, HLShivers. I just signed up a B&P with Chris (CrazyEazy), and now i'm still looking for a shipping service like DHL that has a prepaid shipping method instead of stamps. We still work it out.
But, if you want to do too, i appreciate that! I'm looking for any concerts. I just got two here : Listener Supported and Folsom Field Boulder. Thanks, HLShivers. I found that lot of people here are very nice and helpful. Maybe i can do something for you? :)

HLShivers
07-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Oh no, that's not needed. I don't have a DVD burner so I can't make you copies of any DVD's but I have pretty much every concert done this year and kinda alot older ones also. How bout I just send you maybe 3 of my favorite shows? If you don't have one in mind. PM me your address and I will work something out to get them to you.

bigazzu
07-06-2005, 07:03 PM
I've just PM it HLShivers. Thanks, once again!

LibbyAnn
10-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Somehow I missed this!!! Just wanted to say welcome and glad you have joined us from sooo far away! I love the signature with links to your country and city! Really cool. Also, I enjoy your Avatar!! Welcome to WDS - this is an awesome place with awesome people!!

djurzi
10-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Welcome to WDS. You will find a lot of great stuff here.

bigazzu
10-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Somehow I missed this!!! Just wanted to say welcome and glad you have joined us from sooo far away! I love the signature with links to your country and city! Really cool. Also, I enjoy your Avatar!! Welcome to WDS - this is an awesome place with awesome people!!
Thanks Libby, i never found a forum which is full of very kind and friendy people like WDS before! This is very exciting! Actually, I joined WDS a few months ago, but i'd been busy finishing my thesis, but it done, so i can forumming here again :).

I think your avatar is better than mine, did u create it by yourself? it's awesome and very eye catching. I just added my signature. Glad to know that you like it Libby, i wish i could added the dates of DMB concerts that we attended like in yours, but i couldn't because i never been any :)

By the way, I'm still working on a scolarship to study on master degree in US. Hope i could get that, so there will a chance to see DMB live! ough, that's my dream all the time...

Nice to know you all!

LibbyAnn
10-12-2005, 01:27 PM
What a nice reply!! And actually, Dragon made my Avatar for me! He's my sweetie!

DmbGreySt88
10-12-2005, 10:03 PM
howdy

onesuiteworld
10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
lol

good luck

and welcome to our humble community

grace_is_gone
10-13-2005, 02:09 PM
hey bigazzu,
how are u? i'm just like u dude... nowhere near US.. and a great fan of DMB. by the way i am from India. nice to meet u. :)