PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise on the Today Show

Dave L
06-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Today Show interview of Tom Cruise and Matt Lauer turns a bit ugly (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1119629454738_115038654/?hub=TopStories).

Al Roker, commenting on how rude Cruise came across in the interview, said he would have "punched him in the face".

Apparently with a new love, a new publicist, and a new found desire to spread the word about his religion, Scientology, we are seeing a much more unreserved Cruise.

All I have to say is, Negative Ghost Rider, your patern is full...:thumbsdow

candyeliza
06-24-2005, 03:28 PM
I disapprove of Tom Cruise these days. I've never been a huge fan of his though some of his movies have been entertaining. I think he needs to shut the hell up. I find him obnoxious not to mention so friggin pompous. Him and Katie Holmes,all that beaming and smiling. Blech. Way too much enthusiasm.:thumbsdow

Still want to see The War of the Worlds though.:popcorn:

gauerke
06-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Today Show interview of Tom Cruise and Matt Lauer turns a bit ugly (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1119629454738_115038654/?hub=TopStories).

Al Roker, commenting on how rude Cruise came across in the interview, said he would have "punched him in the face".

Apparently with a new love, a new publicist, and a new found desire to spread the word about his religion, Scientology, we are seeing a much more unreserved Cruise.

All I have to say is, Negative Ghost Rider, your patern is full...:thumbsdow

NEGATIVE GHOSTRIDER!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

HLShivers
06-24-2005, 06:30 PM
I agree Tom Cruise has always been a self absorbed ass though....Did anyone ever hear him say that actors were a better species than normal people? I read that in one of his interviews having to do with his "religion". I've always liked Katie and I think they make a cute couple but she deserves someone more normal....

MikeyCarson
06-24-2005, 07:19 PM
I've always liked Katie and I think they make a cute couple but she deserves someone more normal....
Please!....once Batman cools off and War of the Worlds is released we will hear less and less of these two nimrods.....Engaged..Please..the closest those two will be to a church is on the set of their next movies...it's all for the press for the current movies...this crap will fizzle fast

gauerke
06-24-2005, 07:26 PM
the thing is tom cruise is just a little shrimp who thinks he knows everything..well i guess you do when your nick name is maverick

spoonInspoon
06-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Screw Tom Cruise... Only thing he did that was half -way decent was vanilla sky

Rob
06-24-2005, 10:58 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa... I'm a huge Tom Cruise fan. I'm not into the scientology bit, but Dave L and the article are really exagerating the Cruise's reaction. If you read the dialogue completly through, it sounds like an honest (though sprited) discussion.

His message regarding scientology is really quite mild compared to the actual effect of what some might call the Christian influence on right wing politics. This an actor here, not a policy maker. If he wants to push a given religion, based on aliens or not its up to him.

It looks to me like Lauer was trying to inspire the same reaction that the reporter who shot tom in the face with water the other day was. Just media attention. Cruise is a mega celebrity, and people pay close attention to what he does. Messing with him outside of publicity for his work in entertainment is simply a way of gaining audience and selling advertisements.

rob

purplejulied
06-24-2005, 11:18 PM
I agree with Rob. And I do think they really plan to get married.

Rob
06-25-2005, 04:05 AM
Ok. I checked out CNN's cut of the Today Show, he does look a little repetitive. It isn't really normal behavior to start insisting you know more about a topic than the interviewer. Hell that's an odd way to make a point about something.

He does seem a little nuts here. But the cnn video also cuts the microphone water thing so all you hear him do is call the guy a jerk. If you watch all of that video, you can tell he's acting pretty reasonably with they guy. I mean, takes a stand but doesn't go nuts.

So I'd say that part of this is media BS, and part Cruise's Michael-Jackson-bad (no pun intended) PR. And whatever drove him to this point is probably in part due to the microphone water thing and the rest of the media. So this explosion itself is probably a product of the media as well.

I kind of do hope he either extracts himself from scientology, or goes back to keeping it out of his public self.

r

/still a tom cruise fan.

MikeyCarson
06-25-2005, 06:24 PM
All I know is I would hardly call him an actor....he has the same role in every movie.

Casting Director,"Hmmmm....who can we get to fill the role of the arrogent pretty boy...hmmm..."

purplejulied
06-25-2005, 06:32 PM
I liked him in Rain Man, Interview with a Vampire, Born on the 4th of July, and Far and Away.

Rob
06-25-2005, 09:57 PM
I liked Minority Report and his Mission Impossible series is pretty solid. Magnolia is a cool movie. Collateral drew me in as well. I dunno, I think cruise is the bomb.

purplejulied
06-28-2005, 11:08 PM
How soon do you think the wedding will be?

candyeliza
06-29-2005, 02:13 PM
I think his publicist should tape his mouth shut. I'm sure he's offended a lot of people who have a mental illness. I think he's obnoxious and I think The Last Samarui was really dumb. I wish he would go away.

HLShivers
06-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Tom is a bitch....I'm with you on the go away part