PDA

View Full Version : how do you remove your membership from wds?

mydreamingtree
06-22-2005, 11:01 PM
just thinking about removing my membership from here and just wanting to know how.

Alice
06-23-2005, 02:16 AM
just stop posting? that's only a guess...

HLShivers
06-23-2005, 05:03 AM
Why would you want to do that?

mydreamingtree
06-23-2005, 07:39 AM
i don't know, i wanna change my screen name so i was gonna cancel this one and get a new one.

HLShivers
06-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Oh okay...I think the mods can take care of that. Maybe ask Rob or Dave L

Rob
06-23-2005, 10:51 AM
I'm always a little self-concious when someone unsubscribes from the newsletter. I always want to ask them: "Why? How can i change it to make it better?" Like an exit interview or something.

I even tried this back in the day with the old newsletter setup, I had a series of questions I'd send to people who unsubscribed. I think I emailed a few people and no one replied, so I just let it go.

About 2-6 people unsubscribe from the newsletter each month, and 20-100 people subscribe. As long as we have positive flow here, I'm happy.

Having your account data removed from the forum because you no longer wish to participate in the community is probably unnecessary--though we will honor your request. Please email me at admin at weeklydavespeak dot com.

As for asking for a forum account removal for the purposes of changing your user name, we strongly discourage this practice.

We make user name changes only on very special occasions I.E. user->mod promotions being the only one I can think of. Administrating the change of a bunch of user names would be painful and laborious. Kind of like configuring this crappy torrent plugin I'm not happy with.

Finally, changing user names is confusing to other board members. I put in the "Formally known as" tag for several weeks so our Vets know who is who, and then change it back to what it should be.

rob http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/penguin.gif

mydreamingtree
06-23-2005, 11:57 AM
if its strongly discouraged i will keep it the same, just wondering if i could change it, but hey, no problem i'll keep it the same.

Rob
06-23-2005, 12:07 PM
if its strongly discouraged i will keep it the same, just wondering if i could change it, but hey, no problem i'll keep it the same.

Let me think of a way to allow for name changes, but discourage the casual fancy.

r

mydreamingtree
06-23-2005, 12:24 PM
no really don't worry about it if its causing problems. i'll keep my name.

(i would really hate for you to think about it, because well, i hate thinking Lol!)

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 05:54 AM
So, you got it changed anyway....Rob is so helpful! lol

LibbyAnn
06-30-2005, 01:29 PM
This site is the best! And has the greatest people! Not just the mods but everyone!

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Good way to exclude the mods....lol. J/K

purplejulied
06-30-2005, 08:53 PM
exclude or include?