PDA

View Full Version : Roger Waters agrees to rejoin Pink Floyd for live 8 concert

spoonInspoon
06-19-2005, 03:34 PM
This is awesome,Pink Floyd has always been one of my favorite bands :)

It has been confirmed that Roger Waters will join Pink Floyd to perform at the Live8 concert in Hyde Park on 2nd July.

David Gilmour made the following statement:
ďLike most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world. Itís crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations. Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if re-forming for this concert will help focus attention then itís got to be worthwhile.Ē

For further details www.makepovertyhistory.org (http://www.makepovertyhistory.org/) and www.live8live.com (http://www.live8live.com/)

Taken from: www.pinkfloyd.com (http://www.pinkfloyd.com/)

purplejulied
06-19-2005, 03:37 PM
this is so awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

purplejulied
06-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Each of these websites has a place for you to sign and send a message to politicians.

HLShivers
06-19-2005, 03:43 PM
That's great...I wish I could be there to see it

spoonInspoon
06-19-2005, 03:53 PM
That's great...I wish I could be there to see it

If you have aol i think you can watch the concert streaming... i hope

mydreamingtree
06-22-2005, 10:43 AM
pink floyd always creeps me out, have you ever done that thing where you line it up with Wizard of Oz?

HLShivers
06-22-2005, 11:25 AM
If you have aol i think you can watch the concert streaming... i hope

Holy Crap! Are you serious? and I was just trying to talk myself out of AOL...I knew it was good for something :boings:

HLShivers
06-22-2005, 11:26 AM
pink floyd always creeps me out, have you ever done that thing where you line it up with Wizard of Oz?

What thing with Wizard of Oz, I'm out of the loop on that one. Pink Floyd isn't creepy - He's just a little weird. I've always found his music soothing though so I guess I'm weird too. Damn good listening though!

theponderousman
06-22-2005, 11:55 AM
you can start The Dark Side Of The Moon at a certain point in The Wizard of Oz (I think when it turns to color, I might be wrong), and the entire CD goes with the movie...

mydreamingtree
06-22-2005, 11:56 AM
if you play one of their cd's (i think its dark side of the moon, i'm not positive) and you start it at the lions 3rd roar then the cd will line up with they're doing on the wizard of oz

HLShivers
06-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Okay...Well thanks for sharing, although I don't think I'll be testing that one...lol

mydreamingtree
06-22-2005, 12:08 PM
i did it once and i don't like pink floyd or wizard of oz so i was miserable, only i was in the high school play for the wizard of oz and practices always sucked b/c like i said i hate the wizard of oz

HLShivers
06-22-2005, 12:12 PM
But those munchin guys are freaking awesome! I love that little song they sing...It's great. Other than that and the flying monkeys I could do without the movie.

mydreamingtree
06-22-2005, 12:15 PM
i played a munchin it was fun but they told us that we had to smile really creepy and laugh alot, it was kinda weird

spoonInspoon
06-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Pink floyd rocks!, haters stay outta my thread!!!! j/k

HLShivers
06-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah, what he said ^ :biggrin:

spoonInspoon
06-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Thankyou Heather

HLShivers
06-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Anytime - :boings:

mydreamingtree
06-23-2005, 01:33 PM
i didn't say i hated them i said they scare me lol!

theponderousman
06-23-2005, 01:37 PM
By the way, Live 8 will be played on MTV during different hours from what I read....

MikeyCarson
06-23-2005, 06:40 PM
Hmmm...fight the crowds or sit at home and watch it.....Yeah...I'm fighting the crowds!!!

spoonInspoon
07-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Hopefully we can get a stream capture of this as well!, up here for all the other Floyd fans on here *Amazing*

HLShivers
07-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Oh that would be awesome...I'm getting ready to watch the replay now

purplejulied
07-02-2005, 10:59 PM

Please explain. I saw the above comments that the dark side of the moon follows the movie but how?

theponderousman
07-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Please explain. I saw the above comments that the dark side of the moon follows the movie but how?

Again, I've never done it but I've heard from a lot of people about it. Check out this website or do a websearch for 'pink floyd wizard of oz'

http://www.everwonder.com/david/wizardofoz/

spoonInspoon
07-03-2005, 10:26 PM
After the 3rd lions roar from the MGM lion in the begining of "Wizard of OZ" hit play on your Dark side of the Moon cd it Sync's Perfectly!!! with the movie, even the lyrics to album go along with some of the stuff going on in the movie(very subliminal) and trippy :hypnodisk .Yet Nobody knowes for a fact if Roger Waters and Pink floyd did this on purpose (they did)...I'm telling you it's freakin cool as hell.Plus Dark Side of The moon is a an amazing CD in general.

djurzi
07-15-2005, 06:47 AM
I saw Pink Floyd back in 94. What a great show.. It was great to see them all together for Live 8 and they sounded great.

daverules
08-03-2005, 02:25 PM
I saw Pink Floyd back in 94. What a great show.. It was great to see them all together for Live 8 and they sounded great.

I saw them 05/10/94 and that was the most incredible show I have ever been to besides DMB! They had the flying pig and everything! Did you get a dvd copy of the Live 8 show? I did and it really brought back memories seeing them together again! I also saw Roger Waters 06/07/00 and he was awesome too! I sure would love to see them all tour together again!!

:praise:

Charles
08-03-2005, 03:18 PM
After the 3rd lions roar from the MGM lion in the begining of "Wizard of OZ" hit play on your Dark side of the Moon cd it Sync's Perfectly!!! with the movie, even the lyrics to album go along with some of the stuff going on in the movie(very subliminal) and trippy :hypnodisk .Yet Nobody knowes for a fact if Roger Waters and Pink floyd did this on purpose (they did)...I'm telling you it's freakin cool as hell.Plus Dark Side of The moon is a an amazing CD in general.

i heard that the producer of the album along with pink floyd set this up because the producer's favorite movie was Wizard of Oz. good shit if you ask me.