PDA

View Full Version : Things You Do That Make You Different

purplejulied
06-11-2005, 06:00 PM
I thought it would be fun to start a thread about the things you don't do that are mainstream, or the unique things that you do.

I don't drink coffee--too bitter
I don't drink beer--like wine or mixed drinks
I watch very little tv
I collect everything purple

gauerke
06-11-2005, 06:28 PM
-As a 17 year old, i listen to old school blues --billie holiday, jonny otis..etc --i blare it in my car.
-I just decided to go to Blossom with a friend of mine..i might have to show up w/ work clothes on.
-I love the Red Green show
-I hate the attitudes of teenagers these days..lol i dont consider myself like the rest
-I have an obbsession with weather and will probably pursue a career in meteorology( that is of coarse if the whole drumming thing doesnt work out)
-Im also already saving for an IRA

purplehaze18
06-11-2005, 08:45 PM
- i really like orange a lot
- im insane
- im so random is scary
- i hate when other guys disrespect girls it just pisses me off
- i am strongly opposed to any sort of violence
- i actually love my girlfriend
- i am open minded to anything

dmdbmb
06-11-2005, 10:46 PM
I too am saving in an IRA.
I watch Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
I eat chef Boyardee cold

bh16125
06-11-2005, 11:27 PM
-As a 17 year old, i listen to old school blues --billie holiday, jonny otis..etc --i blare it in my car.
-I just decided to go to Blossom with a friend of mine..i might have to show up w/ work clothes on.
-I love the Red Green show
-I hate the attitudes of teenagers these days..lol i dont consider myself like the rest
-I have an obbsession with weather and will probably pursue a career in meteorology( that is of coarse if the whole drumming thing doesnt work out)
-Im also already saving for an IRA

Holy crap, wierd. I too have an obsession with weather and I will be going into meteorology, plus i'm a drummer... I'm also probably going to the Blossom show... Never seen anyone before who had the almost exact interests as I do. Cool!

theponderousman
06-12-2005, 09:30 AM
-I can make that 'R2D2' chirp sound that Michael Jones from the Police Academy movies can make
-I am left-handed, right footed, which makes me REALLY goofy footed for a 'typical' v-ball approach
-I have a chipped front left tooth that's been filled 3 times cause of stupid things I've done
-I'm probably the MOST out of ordinary person you'd see playing v-ball or soccer, but not entirely out of shape :)
-I was the PR/Marketing director for a Dominos Pizza franchisee where we broke the world record for most pizzas sold in 1 hour (pizzas in hand), which was 1138, then we backed up up at 905 I think the 2nd hour...

I'm tired, that's a good start for me

Christian, ThePonderousMan

Charles
06-12-2005, 11:11 AM
1) I like to drink cold cofee.
2) I love to drink but I always make sure everyone else is having a better time than me.
3) Everytime my mouth feels icky i brush my teeth or put in a breath mint if I cant brush
4) I listen and also blare in my truck Old Rock, Country, Rap, Blues and Soul Music.

Alice
06-12-2005, 04:56 PM
-i was 1 of 4 females in my graduating class who received a b.s. in electrical engineering and i'm now 1 of 3 people at my job under the age of 35
-i can't stand coffee, but i HAVE to have caffeine in the morning or else i will get a headache (enter diet pepsi)
-i like to put potato chips on sandwiches
-i'm very random (just ask chuck and he'll tell you!)
-i'm left-handed. i used to think that was something unique but in the last 3 weeks, i've met more left-handed people than i had in the past 22 years!

Dave L
06-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Well, so far we all arent so different after all:thumbsup:
Sometimes it's cool to see that what we think makes us so different actually has some commonality to it. We are all the same...in that we are all different.
Cool thread!
PS

2) I love to drink but I always make sure everyone else is having a better time than me.

right on man!

purplejulied
06-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Well, so far we all arent so different after all:thumbsup:
Sometimes it's cool to see that what we think makes us so different actually has some commonality to it. We are all the same...in that we are all different.
Cool thread!
PS

right on man!

I like this comment, Dave.

JR E K
06-13-2005, 12:24 PM
1)i have more girl friends they guy friends, but thats probably because theres more girls than guys in my school and im friends with almost everyone
2)my last day of middle school was today
3)im the first person in my family to not get the highest grades in my class, win the school spelling bee, or get into the school final of school speech

mydreamingtree
06-22-2005, 08:47 AM
i love to get into trouble just for the thrill and to see if i can get out of it
i often refer to the dictionarey to get myself out of trouble
is is just me or is there alot of left handed dmb fans (i'm a lefty too!)
i once drank 13 cups of HOT!HOT!HOT! coffee in 10 minutes
then stayed up that night and watched wild Boyz (i love steve-o and chris)
i once vandalized (though not seriously it was toilet paper) a former pro basketball player
i got payed back the next week though
my ideal vacation is camping for 3 or 4 days @ a dmb concert (that is soo weird isn't it? lol)

Shannon
06-27-2005, 01:31 PM
There's no one out there like me...let me tell you. I am but a rock in a field of grass.

gauerke
06-27-2005, 01:59 PM
like dave L. said ..and i take back whatever i said..admitting to our differences makes us all the same, so therefore i'd like not to admit mine, cause if you recognize your differences, doesnt that make it sound like you try to be different? i dunno, just a thought i had

something to ponder while sitting on the john

Rob
06-27-2005, 03:05 PM
I gave two eulogies this past November.
I travel a lot these days. So far in 2005, I've traveled to the Philippines, San Francisco, Seattle, New York, Las Vegas, Nashville and Anaheim. I have a flight booked to CO for Red Rocks and am leaning strongly towards a trip to the Austin City Limits Festival. Only Anaheim was for work.
I've been through a traumatic relationship loss since the start of the year.
I am half Filipino
Uh. I have this Dave Matthews Band Site. (This inevitably makes its way into my introductory conversations with new people and I always have to restrain myself.)

r

spoonInspoon
06-27-2005, 09:45 PM
I've been through a traumatic relationship loss since the start of the year.
r

I hear feel you pain man ... with having my son involved its even rockier:thumbsdow .(******ed babys mama)

Anyways

1.I play guitar, and have experience djing/mixing (Techno)

2.I listen to all kinds of music(besides dmb) underground hip-hop Wu-Tang Clan to Johnny Cash to Ani Difranco to Frank Sinatra to the Deftones to Techno...Music is the best

3.I write alot of poetry/half written songs, and enjoy reading

4. I hate people who drink and get beer muscles

5.I study Astrology, and i'm crazy about it (if u happen to read into some of the things it makes sense)
6. I'm crazy like the rest of you, normal is lame:biggrin: :screwy: :biggrin: Cheers Y'all

purplejulied
06-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Sometimes I post on WDS late into the night.

purplehaze18
06-29-2005, 10:43 PM
I used to do the right thing no matter what, now i see what it does so i wont? if that counts

purplejulied
06-29-2005, 10:46 PM
I used to do the right thing no matter what, now i see what it does so i wont? if that counts

Sometimes you can be in the right and still be wrong.

purplehaze18
06-29-2005, 10:47 PM
I've noticed and it was painful to notice

drb541
06-29-2005, 10:48 PM
1)i have more girl friends they guy friends,

Yeah, I'm like the girl version of this- way more guy friends than girl friends...

purplejulied, I am on here really late too- dont have a summer job yet, nothing to get up for, so I have def been on lately at like 4 am.

I hate spaghetti and eggs and salad and steak and... yeah I'm picky

I love camels, but only the kind from Africa not Asia
that goes for elephants too

hmm, suppose I like my Daves better from Africa than from Asia as well, come to think of it, haha..

purplejulied
06-29-2005, 10:49 PM
So what is the building on your avitar?

Alice
06-30-2005, 03:22 AM
it's the pink warehouse in charlottesville

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 05:05 AM
Oh cool....I'm going to Charlottesville tomorrow!! Yay for me...lol. Can you tell I'm excited?

purplejulied
07-02-2005, 05:27 AM
it's the pink warehouse in charlottesville

thanks I didn't recognize it.

purplejulied
07-02-2005, 05:28 AM
Oh cool....I'm going to Charlottesville tomorrow!! Yay for me...lol. Can you tell I'm excited?

Cool Heather, have fun.

Charles
07-02-2005, 07:35 AM
and i beleive on the opposite end of that pink warehouse in the avAtar above is where DMB played on the roof

spoonInspoon
07-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Sometimes I post on WDS late into the night.
Julie and i run this place at night !:biggrin:

purplejulied
07-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Julie and i run this place at night !:biggrin:

lol

gauerke
07-04-2005, 09:41 PM
i went to c-ville and im going back this fall..coolest place on earth!! millers is a blast too

purplejulied
07-04-2005, 09:44 PM
how awesome. I haven't been anywhere on the east coast

HLShivers
07-05-2005, 05:20 AM
i went to c-ville and im going back this fall..coolest place on earth!! millers is a blast too

I went to Miller's and I was upset! Although it was neat to just be there, the bartender (VERY HOT) actually said - "I hate Dave Matthews" - WTF! I was heartbroken. Other than seeing small things about the boys in the papers it doesn't seem that C'Ville is their biggest fan. :screwy: