PDA

View Full Version : Slaughter of Wild Horses

purplejulied
05-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Please check out this link for the Humane Soiety of the United States. It has a letter set up so that you can easily write your representative to stop the slaughter of wild horses.

thanks

www.hsus.org (http://www.hsus.org/)

HLShivers
05-16-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks, That's a great idea! Speaking of harming animals, Has anyone ever watched some of the video clips on Peta.com? I watched the one about KFC and then another about seals and OH MY GOD! I was horrified! Kinda makes you step back and think about what these poor things go through just so we can have a peice of chicken or a nice coat.

JR E K
05-16-2005, 04:15 PM
which is why my sister is a vegitarian and my family buys free range meats

purplejulied
05-19-2005, 06:54 AM
What's really sad is these animals were protected until recently. This vote is to replace and renew that protection so the horses are not sold for slaughter.

purplejulied
05-21-2005, 03:03 AM
I am happy to say a measure was voted in to stop the sale for horses for slaughter.:boings:

JR E K
05-21-2005, 05:33 AM
yay!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon
05-22-2005, 01:59 PM
I heard about this from this sub at school. Pissed me off to no end.

You know, there are too many people in the world, so why don't we kill them while we're killing these horses. Overpopulation of horses, my ass. Maybe if there weren't so many goddamn people, these horses would have more room to be horses.

purplejulied
05-24-2005, 03:47 AM
They have been protected for years. It only changed recently because some asshole was able to sneak it legislation with some other legislation. Fortunately it was overturned; but not without several horses being sold specifically for slaughter.

Shannon
05-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Ah...More dog food and glue. So now that we're going to have more dog food, there should be more dogs. More food, the better a species survives. So next we're going to be killing dogs. With more glue, we will have more people inhaling. Less brain cells, which will lead to more great ideas about killing the mustangs.

I'm sorry...this just annoys me. If I could, I'd take all the mustags, and tame them. But not too tame.

purplejulied
05-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Actually, a lot of horses are also sold for food in Europe. It's illegal here.

mydreamingtree
06-22-2005, 10:51 PM
theres this sanctuarey (sp) out west somewhere that a friend of mine went and worked at and they save the premarin horses, she bought a couple horses off of them, so well yeah, and if it makes you feel any better my horse was saved from the glue factorey, thats why i bought him, but hes great horse really.

dmdbmb
06-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Actually, a lot of horses are also sold for food in Europe. It's illegal here.

Absolutely, in Europe and parts of Asia, horse is a delicasy(however you spell it).

Rob
06-22-2005, 11:27 PM
I thought this was a complaint of DMB's cover of the rolling stone's WH until I got into the thread. This is very sad. I'm a little frightened of horses because of their size, (though i've ridden a fair amount), but I hate to see animals slaughtered.

rob

purplejulied
06-23-2005, 07:04 AM
The Premarin horses are a big concern. There is a group called the Pegasus foundation that sponsers these research horses so that they are not slaughtered. My horse trainer provides housing for 40-50 of them. Anyone can donate money to this group or sponser a horse.

MikeyCarson
06-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Ah...More dog food and glue. So now that we're going to have more dog food, there should be more dogs.
I don't like dogs....no a fear or anything...there just to f'ing needy for my tastes....I want to promote the senceless slaughter of dogs....that way we can leave the horses alone!....most pet owners own cats instead of dogs anyway....

Adopt a Cat...Shoot a Dog...Save a Horse! <---that's my motto

JR E K
06-26-2005, 03:28 PM
my family has 4 cats, 2 dogs, 2 birds, and a horse, i love all of them

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 05:51 AM
I have 2 cats and 2 dogs and I love them all to death....My cats are more needy than the dogs! I'd love some horses though!
What kind do you have?