PDA

View Full Version : Hello

forever41
09-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Hello,
My name is Lori. My niece introduced me to dave (and friends) in '96 . It took me 7 years to finally see him live, and well worth the wait It was at The Gorge in 2003. I just attended the three show weekend at The Gorge this year. It was incredible!
I'm in the tri city area of Wa. Lucky me moved to Wa state in '99, took 4 years to get to the Gorge thanks to the ex being a non-fan. I always chalked it up to Dave being too deep for him =) Personally I think he is a lyrical genious. The musical talent of the entire band is profound. I'm originally from the east coast. I'm abit disappointed in Dave's fan base in my local area. I can understand why so many fans at The Gorge are from out of state. I can't tell you how disappointing it was when the person I was originally going to this year's show with had to back out and hardly anyone I knew even knew who dave was! There were a couple of supposed fans, but they only knew radio hits. Imagine how frustrating it has been since last weekend to express how phenominal the shows were. Like hearing Recently, Seek Up Loving Wings, Typical Situation and Lover Lay Down to people who only know Crash/Space Between.
It is wonderful to have found this site tonight.
It's a pleasure meeting those of you on this board.
Lori

Dave L
09-10-2004, 02:34 AM
Hello Lori, and welcome to WDS! We are so glad you found us :boings: ! We hope you'll find yourself at home here. You'll certainly be able to talk to people here who know more than just radio hits, but I'll tell you, take those people to a live show and they'll be true fans for life!
PS- where on the east coast were you from?

forever41
09-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the welcome. I was born and raised in Ct. I haven't been to a Meadows show yet, but maybe next year. I know the fans there are true and appreciative.
I think you're probably right about one live show converting the radio people.
Lori