PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from CVille/Charlotte/Richmond

mauzyj
05-05-2005, 07:28 AM
just wanted to say hey. i've been around this site for a new months now but only posted a couple of times. thanks for the awesome downloads and news stories. i like the layout.
been around virginia most all my life. started on DMB in '94 with R2T and UTTAD. first show was Roanoke (Victory Stadium) in '98 to hear the premier of BCTS songs. hooked ever since.

Rob
05-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Very cool, welcome.

r

Dave L
05-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Indeed welcome! You've been entered into the monthly contest for new users:thumbsup:

Alice
05-06-2005, 08:08 PM
been around virginia most all my life. .

welcome! where in va are you currently? i was in richmond for four and a half years while i was in school

mauzyj
05-09-2005, 02:06 PM
welcome! where in va are you currently? i was in richmond for four and a half years while i was in school

living in glen allen, va and charlottesville actually (job travel). i've gotten to know almost every tree on 64 pretty well. haven't seen dave yet, but my sister did the other day at mono-loco (sp?) on the downtown mall just before the bela fleck show. lucky.

Shannon
05-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Welcome mauzyj. I'm going to move to Virginia actually...around C-ville-ish one day. In about 12 years...When I'm out of med school...

HLShivers
05-10-2005, 12:44 PM
My family and I have been looking into moving thata way....How is it out there?? I'm trying to talk them into C'ville (go figure) but they wanna move to Virgina Beach...I don't even know where that is...Anyway, Just wanted to ask a local how living is out there....

Alice
05-10-2005, 02:11 PM
living in glen allen, va and charlottesville actually (job travel). i've gotten to know almost every tree on 64 pretty well. haven't seen dave yet, but my sister did the other day at mono-loco (sp?) on the downtown mall just before the bela fleck show. lucky.

good stuff!i had a friend from school who lived in glen allen before moving to ohio for a new job. i didn't go past the west end myself! i lived in the city for 2 years, west end for 1, and mechanicsville for another year.

My family and I have been looking into moving thata way....How is it out there?? I'm trying to talk them into C'ville (go figure) but they wanna move to Virgina Beach...I don't even know where that is...Anyway, Just wanted to ask a local how living is out there....

va beach is a decent place to live. lots of military people out there and in norfolk too. one of my best friends lives at the beach - granted we never go over that cause the drive is too annoying - we make him come to our "side" of the water

mauzyj
05-19-2005, 10:26 AM
CVille is awesome. "best city in the US" - i think it got voted that last year. traffic is a mess, but its got a really cool atmosphere and beach is close and the mountains are closer. its growing pretty quickly though.