PDA

View Full Version : my week keeps getting better and better...

Alice
05-03-2005, 09:16 AM
yesterday i paid off my mastercard in full (which had lots and lots of college expenses on it) and this morning the FedEx guy shows up at my house with a package for me. inside that package was an offer for employment from honeywell (yay for getting a job that utilizes my degree!) anywho, i said when i got a new job, i was going to get a new car too! i figure it's finally time to trade in my saturn coupe :boings:i wanted a highlander hybrid, but toyota has pushed back their release date or whatever you want to call it until next year and i can't hold out that long! i definitely want something with 4 doors cause i'm tired of only having two :lol: maybe i'll go for a regular highlander....anyone have any other suggestions?

theponderousman
05-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Why get a ride with 4 doors when you can get a Jeep Wrangler with 2 and a soft top! Talk about riding in style! :) Or you can even take OFF the doors and be ultra cool!!!

Christian, ThePonderousMan

PS. I don't have one yet, but plan to very shortly :)

Alice
05-03-2005, 09:33 AM
you mean something like this?

did i mention that i'm a princess? :lol: actually, wouldn't that get cold in the winter? i'm moving to maryland and it's cold up there in the winter!

dmbchick41
05-03-2005, 09:55 AM
my dad has a highlander and it is amazing...i love driving it...but if i were you i would get a jeep liberty, i think they are the cutest cars ever!

Alice
05-03-2005, 10:06 AM
my mom has a highlander and that's what got me wanting the highlander hybrid...i heard jeeps were one of the most broken into vehicles...maybe my source was wrong...i wanted a liberty when they first came out till i saw their taillights...

Charles
05-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Congrats Alice. and I have had a Grand Cherokee for about 3 years now. And today i went looking for a new truck and im thinking of getting a 2004 Ford Expedition XLT Im waiting for fathers day to get this so when they have their big Fathers Day sale it will be 2 grand cheaper! I got an inside source at this dealership. So my truck is basicly mine i just have to wait another month. Which i do not mind at all.

Alice
05-04-2005, 08:08 AM
you can see my saturn in the background/on the street and this is my new highlander! it's sooo pretty! i definitely didn't think i'd come home last night with a new car :boings:and this morning when i went to state farm to get my insurance straightened out, i heard american baby on the radio....it's a sign that things are going my way!!

purplejulied
05-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Congrats on the highlander. If I caught you earlier I would have recommended a Jeep Wrangler with a hard top--keeps me warm in wet weather. You can always change to a soft top in warm weather, and there are some that combine both. Jeeps have lots of power, decent gas milage, and can make compact turns.:boings:

PS My Jeep has never been broken into, the dealer told me its rare because the radio set up is so different than other cars.

JR E K
05-04-2005, 05:40 PM
exactly how cold does it get in maryland?

Charles
05-04-2005, 07:03 PM
im not sure but when i was in maryland about 3 years ago during febuary the coldest it got was 5 degreas there

Alice
05-04-2005, 08:53 PM
exactly how cold does it get in maryland?

it's not negative degree weather, but it's def colder there than it is where i'm from in va in the winter...we got snow twice this year and i think i used my heavy jacket just a few times...

JR E K
05-05-2005, 06:47 AM
it snowed a lot this year where i am!

Alice
05-05-2005, 03:39 PM
i'm not a big fan on snow - getting snow once or twice a year is enough for me!

Charles
05-05-2005, 04:59 PM
i'm not a big fan on snow - getting snow once or twice a year is enough for me!

Just wait til November/December.