PDA

View Full Version : Mrow ^_^

CatDemon
04-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Mrow,

Greetings to all. I'd rather not give my name, but CatDemon is fine or Kat or whatever. ^_^:fluff: I am a female, 23, graduated from college, with a bachelor's degree in public relations & working for a job I hate which pays a measly $6.25/hour (don't ask...it's really that bad).

Well, as most of you know, of course, I'm a huge Dave fan (isn't that why we're all here?). I'm not new to message boards, but am totally oblivious to the whole Dave fandom community. Everyone knows about mp3s (which is about the farthest extent of my knowlege, along with real media & mpegs)...and it seems like Dave's entire following (at least 90%) know about Shorten formats.

I've done a little reading about the formats, but still don't understand. :confused: It's an unlossy format, etc. "Excuse me professor, but may I be excused? My brain is full.":lol:

I've been a long time listener to DMB & along the way I've heard songs which he did with other people, but that's really about the extent of my knowledge. I will freely admit I'm not a "Dave-head", although one of my friends from high school is. But, I do love Dave's music. There's just something mesmerizing about it. It's definitely the music that you could picture yourself on a sunny day, late in the afternoon, driving in your car with the windows down & Dave playing loudly on the speakers. Especially if that song is Lie In Our Graves. ^_^. I do know some of the anagrams, but not all of them. ^_^

I just recently attended my first DMB concert. It was 6/26/04, Saturday, at the Post-Gazette Pavillion in PA. It was an early birthday present to my finance, who also likes Dave (although he's a little less into it than myself). It was us and his sister & her husband who went. I had a huge blast. On the trip to, during the concert, and after, I have to admit, I was feeling quite pleasant...just enough to give the show an even better edge & yes I can remember all of it. ^_^

Seeing as how I don't understand the whole tape-trading & SHN server things, I'll probably never receive a recording of the show. That was something I had hoped for, but, didn't know enough about at the time (& still don't). I would even pay a reasonable price for a CD of it (excellent sound quality), if not just to have it for the sentimental reasons. It was my first Dave concert, I had a wonderful time, & I'd like to have something to remember it by, other than the blue 2004 tour bus shirt, my ticket stub, the flyers I was handed, the sticker, and my memories. So keep the word out & if you'd like to hook up a poor newbie who's a huge fan of Dave, let me know. It would be worth so much to me & I'd be eternally grateful. :praise: Until then, I'll just make do with what I have.

As you may love or hate me for, I am a huge anime fan. That's probably my biggest thing. I haven't watched or known enough about it to rival the people that consider themselves real otaku, but I'm a mini-version. ^_^ My biggest faves, like them or not, include Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin & Samurai X, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Wolf's Rain, Dragon Ball & all of the series with it (Z, GT, etc.). Since it's one of the biggest parts of my personna, it's also the one I've invested the most money in. Box sets, figurines, mangas, wall scrolls, keychains, music, etc. They tell me I'm crazy:screwy: for spending what little extra income I have on it, but if you have a hobby, why not go all out?:thankyou:

Before trying to keep this post from getting any larger, I will stop now. XD But I do want to say that this forum is a really nice place & I've only been here since the last few days in March. The people are really nice & it's great to see so many people who all share a comon interest in Dave. ROCK ON! ;0:mon:

Don't be afraid to come in & say hello & introuduce yourself:boings:

Love, Peace, & Donuts --Trigun ^_^

Rob
04-08-2005, 01:15 PM
Word. Welcome. You'll find some cool people on here.

The closest I come to anime is Spirited Away.

r

Bryan
04-08-2005, 02:45 PM
:thumbsup: The whole Trigun series was great. I highly recomend it to anyone who hasnt seen it. its out on DVD.

Dave L
04-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Hello and welcome to WeeklyDavespeak. You've been entered into the monthly contest for newbs. Please enjoy.

Shannon
04-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Welcome to you! Enjoy this fun, fun place!