PDA

View Full Version : what do you do for Activities?

Charles
04-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Well in HS i played baseball. Varsity since my freshman year. Before HS i played Ice Hockey and Deck Hockey. And after HS for a few years all i really did was go to the gym and Run a mile or two a day. Now I hit the gym 3 days a week. I have Darts ending in 2 weeks but Softball starts up soon. So lately i have been warming up for softball.

What do you all do for activities now a days?

JR E K
04-07-2005, 07:18 PM
baseball is happening right now, im in the school play, im still gonna go to sugarloaf (skiing) tomorrow, maybe its the reggae fest!! i play basketball outside with my brother a lot... just random stuff

Charles
04-07-2005, 08:06 PM
baseball is happening right now, im in the school play, im still gonna go to sugarloaf (skiing) tomorrow, maybe its the reggae fest!! i play basketball outside with my brother a lot... just random stuff

Are you on varsity or JV for baseball? And what position do you play?

For me i play 3B 1B or CF

purplejulied
04-07-2005, 08:54 PM
I horseback ride and workout at the gym 3-5 days a week.

Brandon
04-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Nowa days it's just swimming and fishing, or when I'm home I try to catch a good amount of horseback riding as well...

Mishelle
04-08-2005, 07:40 AM
I:

exercise (5 times/week; cardio, stregnth training and yoga)
karaoke
enjoy good coffee ;)
write poetry

and today I'm taking my first ever Karate class!!

BlazerX84
04-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Hmm, when I'm not working or in class....

I love doing anything outside, playing basketball with friends, playing airsoft (similar to paintball), or just taking walks around my neighborhood. Really gotten into poker and consider myself quite good (hey, Ive won three 16-man tournaments in the past 3 weeks!) Always trying to get better on the guitar, and I've been playing World of Warcraft on my down time.

But one of my biggest hobbies is filmmaking and digital editing. Hopefully I can make a career out of it.

JR E K
04-08-2005, 02:24 PM
Are you on varsity or JV for baseball? And what position do you play?

im still in middle school so theres no varsity or JV, not even an A or B team considering only 19 people tried out and they all made it :lol:
im the starting shortstop and somewhere around the #2 pitcher

Alice
04-08-2005, 04:18 PM
while the weather is nice, i like to take my dog, kiska, for walks on the 5 mile trail that's by our house. we usually walk the same 2 or 3 sections of the trail a few times a week. once it gets warmer outside, we'll have to cut out walks in half cause it will be too hot for her...as for other activities, does shopping count? :lol: what about sitting outside in the sun reading? :boings:

and I've been playing World of Warcraft on my down time.

my sister and my brother-in-law play this. they went ahead and got 2 seperate subscriptions so they can play at the same time. my brother is in charge of this clan or something, i don't understand it, but i know they have fun playing! 9 times out of 10, when i call her and ask her what she's doing, she says "i'm playing wow"

firedancer2002
04-08-2005, 05:02 PM
when i'm not playing soccer, off season, i try to eat right (yeah that's hard) and i'm thinking about taking up surfing and hopefully working out at the boxing gym to keep in shape. other than that, i play guitar and walk around school.
that's about it.

< --- boring.

maker23
04-08-2005, 06:01 PM
Baseball of course, and I am very much into playing Ultimate Frisbee.And how can you forget hackey sack.

Shannon
04-08-2005, 09:39 PM
I come online. At home, that is. I also go volunteer in the ER.

But in school...There's yearbook (the guy that runs it-also my AP bio teacher-is a funny dude), diversity (not a fan of it...it's kind of weird...), art club (never go, though), and junior steering (fundraisers for junior class and organizes prom).

How much excitement does my life contain?

Charles
04-10-2005, 06:39 PM
Baseball of course, and I am very much into playing Ultimate Frisbee.And how can you forget hackey sack.

My buddy Dan played Ultimate Frisbee for Umass. Today after softball we were tossing around the frisbee and this kid is friggin good.

Speaking of Softball here is my Jersey (shirt) #.

gauerke
04-11-2005, 08:03 PM
i did play baseball for god knows how many years, im a left handed pitcher and play left field..drums are by biggest thing, when im not at school im at home on the kit

Shannon
04-13-2005, 08:10 PM
My buddy Dan played Ultimate Frisbee for Umass. Today after softball we were tossing around the frisbee and this kid is friggin good.

Speaking of Softball here is my Jersey (shirt) #.

Awesome.:thumbsup:

JR E K
04-14-2005, 05:50 PM
the problem with our uniforms is that the higher the number, the larger the uniform, i think ill have 13 or something for it to fit http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbs_down.gif
same with soccer too

Shannon
04-15-2005, 08:11 PM
the problem with our uniforms is that the higher the number, the larger the uniform, i think ill have 13 or something for it to fit http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbs_down.gif
same with soccer too

That's how our soccer jerseys were back when I playing intramural. I was always small...not short, just small. And they never made small jerseys. So I was always swimming in them. Sleeves down to my elbows. But I had fun for 9 years.:thumbsup:

Charles
04-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Shannon was your intramural soccer league indoors or outdoors? mine was inside and it was fun as heck.. never played outdoor soccer but indoors was always fun and i was goalie too. i only allowed 4 goals in 22 games. it was awesome. I think it also helped that the majority of kids on our team grew up playing soccer too.. and i playe goalie for hockey so i knew a bit about defending the goal.

Shannon
04-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Shannon was your intramural soccer league indoors or outdoors? mine was inside and it was fun as heck.. never played outdoor soccer but indoors was always fun and i was goalie too. i only allowed 4 goals in 22 games. it was awesome. I think it also helped that the majority of kids on our team grew up playing soccer too.. and i playe goalie for hockey so i knew a bit about defending the goal.

It was outdoors. I played since I was 6. Then when I was about 14 and entering my 9th year of soccer, I jumped in the 3 foot end of a pool, whacked my heel off the bottom, and so, ended my soccer playing career. Bruised it. Couldn't walk right for a month, let alone run. Then the next year they started playing 16 year old boys, and I wasn't fond of the idea of all 90 pounds of me getting all banged up. So I started to ref. Get paid a dollar over the age group of the game. So in 40 minutes, I could get about 8 bucks. Pretty sweet.

Charles
04-17-2005, 06:41 AM
It was outdoors. I played since I was 6. Then when I was about 14 and entering my 9th year of soccer, I jumped in the 3 foot end of a pool, whacked my heel off the bottom, and so, ended my soccer playing career. Bruised it. Couldn't walk right for a month, let alone run. Then the next year they started playing 16 year old boys, and I wasn't fond of the idea of all 90 pounds of me getting all banged up. So I started to ref. Get paid a dollar over the age group of the game. So in 40 minutes, I could get about 8 bucks. Pretty sweet.

Thats cool. But really stinks about your injurie. Back in 01 i was working and the ground had some parts of the grassed digged up and i accidently stepped in one and twisted my left ankle. i was out of work for 2 weeks without pay. and in a moon boot for the first week and half. even to this day if i walk or run on it the wrong way it starts to hurt. So whenever i play softball or any sports for fun i wear my anklet .

Alice
04-17-2005, 09:08 AM
I jumped in the 3 foot end of a pool, whacked my heel off the bottom,

how did you end up whacking your heel? were you one of those people who couldn't dive into the shallow end of the pool? or did you just jump straight in and hit it that way?

on a side note, i love to swim. been doing it since i was two or three. when i was little, i used to practically live at the pool (it was relly close to our house. then we moved and it was too far to ride our bikes too)

Shannon
04-20-2005, 08:10 PM
how did you end up whacking your heel? were you one of those people who couldn't dive into the shallow end of the pool? or did you just jump straight in and hit it that way?

on a side note, i love to swim. been doing it since i was two or three. when i was little, i used to practically live at the pool (it was relly close to our house. then we moved and it was too far to ride our bikes too)

I was being lazy...Didn't want to walk to the deeper part, but didn't want to owalk to the steps. I meant to kind of slide in gracefully, but it was anything but graceful. More like a squirrel falling off of a telephone wire.

JR E K
04-22-2005, 04:48 PM
More like a squirrel falling off of a telephone wire.

:lol: good description, the only problem is that squirrels can fall from over 200 feet without hurting themselves

Alice
04-22-2005, 06:21 PM
squirrels can fall from over 200 feet without hurting themselves

that totally belongs in the useless fact thread :lol: (please note i'm not saying that it's useless, it's just so random that i think other people would enjoy reading it/having a laugh)

Shannon
04-22-2005, 08:12 PM
:lol: good description, the only problem is that squirrels can fall from over 200 feet without hurting themselves

Well...then maybe more like a bug smashing into a windshield?

JR E K
04-24-2005, 05:46 PM
that totally belongs in the useless fact thread :lol: (please note i'm not saying that it's useless, it's just so random that i think other people would enjoy reading it/having a laugh)
i was gonna do that but i was just too lazy, oh well its up there now... i read it in a book called squirrel watching for beginners, squirrels are pretty much my favorite animal, its kinda obvious because my name in most other places is squirrel307 (307 for my birthday) or angrysquirrel307 (the angrysquirrel is a dance thats just way too crazy, of course it is considering me and my sister made it up) anyways im just a ramblin and procrastinating

Shannon
04-25-2005, 06:35 PM
My bio teacher sits on his roof and throws nuts at the squirrels sometimes.