PDA

View Full Version : New member from Sweden

brn2rn
03-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi there,

Just found this forum and as I am living in a country with very very few Dave fans I almost felt obliged to register here!

So here I am, Thomas is my name and I live in Uppsala, 70kms north of our capital Stockholm. Here I run a record shop and of course dig into a lot of Dave material.

Primary goal right now is to be able to go see all three Gorge shows in August together with my girlfriend.
Althoug it might seem nutty to travel across the entire globe just for that reason, or...?

Take care,
Thomas

k3N70n
03-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Hi there,

Just found this forum and as I am living in a country with very very few Dave fans I almost felt obliged to register here!

So here I am, Thomas is my name and I live in Uppsala, 70kms north of our capital Stockholm. Here I run a record shop and of course dig into a lot of Dave material.

Primary goal right now is to be able to go see all three Gorge shows in August together with my girlfriend.
Althoug it might seem nutty to travel across the entire globe just for that reason, or...?

Take care,
Thomas
it's not nutty at all to travel all that way to go to the gorge esp. to see dmb. welcome to the wds.

Dave L
03-18-2005, 05:48 AM
Hey there Thomas! Welcome to Weeklydavespeak! I think you just might be our second or third "overseas" member (that I know of:lol:!) We are glad you like it here and hope you continue to enjoy all the great features of this site.
And...it's never nutty to travel to see DMB or anything else for that matter. You picked a great venue. I have entered you into the monthly contest for Newbs.:biggrin:

Shannon
03-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Hello Thomas. Sweden-home of the Swedish Fish. I love those things. :lol:

brn2rn
03-21-2005, 12:09 PM
...also know as the home country of the Swedish Chef in the Muppetsshow!

Guess I kind of sound like him sometimes...at least when I cook...

Anyway, seems like were going to the Gorge as I got tickets to two shows already, hope to find some for the third too!

Nutty or not it will definetly be a real adventure!
We plan one week in San Frannsisco prior to leave for Seattle and then the Gorge.
Anyone have any idea on where to stay?

Take care,
Thomas

Rob
03-21-2005, 12:34 PM
...also know as the home country of the Swedish Chef in the Muppetsshow!
Guess I kind of sound like him sometimes...at least when I cook...

Are you serious, because that is totally awesome.

rob

brn2rn
03-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Yup, dead serious!

To you folks we do sound like him when we speak.
So if you´re at the Gorge in August listen carefully for the " Muuurddy burrdy dum dum" noices as it might be me and my girl just chatting along...

sweetupanddown
03-25-2005, 01:16 PM
Yup, dead serious!

To you folks we do sound like him when we speak.
So if you´re at the Gorge in August listen carefully for the " Muuurddy burrdy dum dum" noices as it might be me and my girl just chatting along...

okay thomas, now that was hilarious. lovin the swedish chef. brings back memories.

that is awesome that you are traveling out to see dave and catch a lil of the u.s. as well. nothing wrong with that. if i had the money, i'd prolly be doing something similar. welcome to the flock.

petevii
07-24-2006, 06:11 PM
i have been to uppsala. i have cousins in there!!......thats wierd

DmbGreySt88
07-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Howdy!

tiglet26
07-25-2006, 04:36 PM
welcome! glad to have you here! The gorge is on my list for the next tour.....let's see if I make it!

blynn03
07-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Hello and welcome!!

djurzi
07-26-2006, 03:22 PM
This thread is from 03-17-05.. but I did not officially welcome you either, so

WELCOME!! :)

jackjack
07-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Welcome! :praise: What a way to get your feet wet concert style:praise:
Can't wait to hear from you after those shows:popcorn: