PDA

View Full Version : pet peeves

Pages : [1] 2

Alice
03-16-2005, 08:50 PM
as i was driving home from shopping today, one of the segments that i heard on the radio was about pet peeves. this got me thinking about things that irritate me and so i was just wondering what everyone else gets annoyed at!

i can't stand it when people don't drive the speed limit. i can understand if road conditions aren't great and things like that, but there's no reason to be going 30 mph in a 55 mph zone! come on now!

and another thing - i HATE it when people get in an express checkout lane that CLEARLY states 10 (or 12 or 15 or whatever) ITEMS OR LESS yet they have much more than what they are supposed to have. if it's 1 or 2 items over that's ok, but the other day i got behind a woman at target in the 10 items or less lane and i stopped counting her items after i got to 37...

so now it's your turn to post :boings: what do you get annoyed at?

Charles
03-16-2005, 08:53 PM
I get annoyed at STUPID IMs seriously. I do not mind talking on aim when im on it. since i dont got it anymore. But if your just randomly IMing me about stupid BS stuff I dont need to hear it!

More to come later

Brandon
03-16-2005, 11:36 PM
spelling: definitely....typos are typos, yeah, but that's how its spelled....i have no idea why that bothers me but it does.

Dave L
03-17-2005, 02:23 AM
anything half-assed

CrazyEazy
03-17-2005, 05:46 AM
I hate when people speak to you like you are on a map, for example. Im going up to Wisconsin or im going down to Florida. NO NO NO NO NO its not up or down you damn twit its north, sout, east, or west , ne,nw and so on. DAMNIT!!! do i look like i have the break up of all the states drawn on my F*cking face!!! Damn inbreds.

CrazyEazy
03-17-2005, 05:50 AM
Also Chloe from Smallville she is a Pet Peeve, can a person be a pet peeve? well she is now i can not stand that BITCH!!!

CrazyEazy
03-17-2005, 05:53 AM
Why is it that everyone that drives slower then you is an idiot, but everyone that drives faster then you is a Psycho. I hate when people call me a Psycho!!!
and i hate those idiots that won't move out of the way!!!

OK im done this thread will be the death of me i know it :screwy:

spoonInspoon
03-17-2005, 09:34 AM
spelling: definitely....typos are typos, yeah, but that's how its spelled....i have no idea why that bothers me but it does.

I suck at spelling,and have very,very bad punctuation...I also tend to shorten words alot and don't even realize it... Damn ADHD!!!.Oh well we all have our faults... so whatever...:whiteflag But the ironic thing about all of this is that english was my best subject in high school...

anyways Pet Peeves:

1.Second hand smoke, (even know i smoke:screwy: )
2.when people are impolite/rude/impatient at restaurants,gorcery stores,malls,dr's etc. to the employees who work at the above establishments.it reaaaly pisses me off
3.DRUG commercials !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
4.president George W Bush
5.IGNORANCE and the rebel flag

Alice
03-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Also Chloe from Smallville she is a Pet Peeve, can a person be a pet peeve? well she is now i can not stand that BITCH!!!

so i'm guilty of saying things like "we're going up to maryland" or "down to nc" not sure if a person can be a pet peeve, but in this case, we'll allow chloe to be yours seeing as you have such an extreme dislike for her :lol:

CrazyEazy
03-17-2005, 12:15 PM
so i'm guilty of saying things like "we're going up to maryland" or "down to nc" not sure if a person can be a pet peeve, but in this case, we'll allow chloe to be yours seeing as you have such an extreme dislike for her :lol:

Thank you for the support sweety:feelbette

k3N70n
03-17-2005, 12:16 PM
hmm...i have a lot but here's some of the big ones
1. when crappy bands cover awesome bands
2. when ppl don't know that name of song so they make up new one (eg. " i love the dave song 'candy and fresh snow'" [oh])
3. i don't know if this counts but texans usually piss me off
4. ppl who ask me if it's cold in Canada!

ps i love 2nd hand smoke...IT'S FREE!

spoonInspoon
03-17-2005, 12:38 PM
^^^ I meant Ciggs:mon: heh... but yeah, Canada i go there in moderation, yall got some gooooooooooood smokehttp://www.weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif "Sars Stock 03!!!" was awesome

purplejulied
03-18-2005, 04:02 AM
Life is way too short to give small stuff that much power. Stress is a huge trigger for many deadly diseases. Each day is a precious jewel. Walk around and see the beauty surrounding you.

Alice
03-18-2005, 12:21 PM
i can't stand people who listen to their music so loudly in their car that you can hear it in yours!

CrazyEazy
03-18-2005, 12:45 PM
i can't stand people who listen to their music so loudly in their car that you can hear it in yours!

i can add to that, or when its so loud the speakers couldnt handle it and they would crackle and sound like crap, as well the tunk would rattle and cause that crappy rattle/humm sound that was horrible!!!

firedancer2002
03-20-2005, 04:59 PM
when people misspell my name the ******ed way. that long way.
the way it should never be spelled. EVER.

Charles
03-20-2005, 05:51 PM
pointless posts make piss me off. I know i have had some weird posts in the past but i really dont need to strive to GET something with my post count.

Alice
03-20-2005, 06:00 PM
pointless posts make piss me off. I know i have had some weird posts in the past but i really dont need to strive to GET something with my post count.

i know i've participated in some silly posts, but i agree, posting just to post is stupid...

another pet peeve of mine - not being on time! if someone says they are going to be somewhere at a certain time, be there! don't make people wait! i can't stand being late for anything!

Charles
03-20-2005, 06:03 PM
another pet peeve of mine - not being on time! if someone says they are going to be somewhere at a certain time, be there! don't make people wait! i can't stand being late for anything!

Now what if you told someone you were going to meet them someone at a certian time and you didnt show up and you made them late. how would this sitution go? http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Alice
03-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Now what if you told someone you were going to meet them someone at a certian time and you didnt show up and you made them late. how would this sitution go? http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

i wouldn't be late! end of story :D lol

Charles
03-20-2005, 06:06 PM
i wouldn't be late! end of story :D lol

oh well then fine http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/hypnodisk.gif

JR E K
03-21-2005, 06:21 PM
i hate it when old people try to be cool, i know some old people who are cool but those who dont succeed (did i spell that right?) just annoy me

also my sister has a pet peeve of the word meal

Charles
03-21-2005, 06:35 PM
i hate it when old people try to be cool, i know some old people who are cool but those who dont succeed (did i spell that right?) just annoy me

My father when he lived with us. tried to be cool infront of me and my sister. doing like a funky stupid ass dance. moving his hands like they do in walk like an egyptian video. It was totally embarrassing too.

Alice
03-21-2005, 09:07 PM

there are some words that just make me cringe! can't think of any off the top of my head, but i'm sure i will in a day or two :lol:

Charles
03-21-2005, 09:22 PM
My pet peeve is almost losing a game of monopoly to two girls. and then comming back to take 2nd place :p

Alice
03-21-2005, 09:45 PM
My pet peeve is almost losing a game of monopoly to two girls. and then comming back to take 2nd place :p

that was a fluke! you know you usually get your ass kicked in monopoly! :biggrin:

another pet peeve - when you're playing a game and people want to stop as soon as they begin to win...like poker or something...once someone makes their $$ back and they say "ok games over" that's just not cool!

Charles
03-21-2005, 09:57 PM
true
Im soo gonna kick yours and K's butt tomarrow! REMATCH and i demand a Recount i tell ya!

maker23
03-21-2005, 11:09 PM
I absolutely cringe when i hear the word puke.. it bothers me to even type it..

JR E K
03-22-2005, 06:14 PM
I absolutely cringe when i hear the word puke.. it bothers me to even type it..
and i was sick yesterday (maybe a little bit too much info)

it bothers me when teachers dont assign too much homework for a while and then they all just choose a day to assign everything

CrazyEazy
03-23-2005, 04:41 AM
true
Im soo gonna kick yours and K's butt tomarrow! REMATCH and i demand a Recount i tell ya!

Lets do some real but kicking and play them in Paintball. i mean wooded area over night camp, hostages in the morning. All out commando and then we will see whats up. My pet peeve is losing to my wife at Mario Kart!!!

CrazyEazy
03-23-2005, 05:32 AM
Pet peeve #100, Playing DMB sooooo loud at a dmb concert before the show.
I posted this in the tour section but the more i thought of it i felt it was a pet peeve too. I love the band and so do you. but damnit if your going to blast them get some good speakers. Or dont play them so loud. when you have thousands and thousands of cars there you would think some one else is playing DMB i mean it might be a long shot but i think there will be.

PEACE!!!:biggrin:

mtlabor
03-23-2005, 06:10 AM
I absolutely hate it when people just continue to bitch and bitch about stupid shit to me. lol Drama = not me wanting to be involved. THat's why I stay the hell out of everybody's business...

CrazyEazy
03-23-2005, 06:27 AM
I absolutely hate it when people just continue to bitch and bitch about stupid shit to me. lol Drama = not me wanting to be involved. THat's why I stay the hell out of everybody's business...

Here Here, I hate drama too but damnit if its not so interesting!!!!

mtlabor
03-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Oh yeah, it's not to say I don't like listening in on it, but it's when you're dragged in is when it's gone too far. lol

Alice
03-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Lets do some real but kicking and play them in Paintball. i mean wooded area over night camp, hostages in the morning. All out commando and then we will see whats up.

um, i'm too pretty to play paintball in the woods :lol:

Pet peeve #100, Playing DMB sooooo loud at a dmb concert before the show...

i always count on people who do this so i can turn my car off, but yeah, it can get a bit annoying...

more pet peeves - when people refer to themselves in the third person...and when people walk in front of movig cars - let's see you or me, i'm in a car, you're walking, i'll run your ass over! if you're already crossing the street or in the parking lot or whatnot that's 1 thing, but don't start walking when you see i'm gonna have to SLAM my breaks on to avoid hitting you

Alice
06-29-2005, 05:34 PM
so i thought of more:
- people who are late (i'm the kind of person who if we're supposed to leave at 3, we better be in the car at 2:58)
- guys who leave the toilet seat up
- people that don't have anything useful to say, but still insist on talking

HLShivers
06-29-2005, 05:42 PM
People who try to explain to you how to do something, when you are the one that showed them!
People who slam on the brakes in the middle of the street because they are looking for the cell phone.
Pretty much every women's restroom user...Girls no what I mean
There's more but I can't think of them right now

theponderousman
06-29-2005, 07:15 PM
dumb ass slow drivers that think the left lane on an interstate is for driving slow
on the flip-side, dumb ass fast drivers that drive too fast and weave in and out of the slow drivers
kids that don't respect older people
older people that don't realize kids are going to be kids
TV shows that have gotten to be too stupid for smart people

MikeyCarson
06-29-2005, 09:08 PM
dumb ass slow drivers that think the left lane on an interstate is for driving slow
MAN DO I HEAR THAT!
how about lap dogs that people carry where ever they go...or people who think their pets are their children :screwy: can't stand either

gauerke
06-29-2005, 09:22 PM
i agree with dmb being played before and after concerts..not cool

i hate nervous drivers that dont know how to drive
i hate bitchy people
i HATE it when people at school start listening to dmb just to be different..not cool they are my band, i listen to them to be inspired, back off..lol
dont care for news anchors who try to crack jokes
people who take golf seriously dont get along with me either lol

MikeyCarson
06-29-2005, 09:26 PM
i agree with dmb being played before and after concerts..not cool
Is this really that big of a social ill....I'm of the opinion that I'll play DMB anytime and anywhere...cause for the most part that's all I ever listen to anymore anyway! And if it's before or after a show...why should you care?!?!

gauerke
06-29-2005, 09:27 PM
its all part of concert ettiqute (sp)? my friend

purplejulied
06-29-2005, 09:28 PM
ignorance in society and using it as tradition to allow hatread, racism, and bigotry to exist.

MikeyCarson
06-29-2005, 09:32 PM
ignorance in society and using it as tradition to allow hatread, racism, and bigotry to exist.:alumni:
:thumbsup: well said!
(to quote a old Warehouse bumper sticker) Love Knows No Color

MikeyCarson
06-29-2005, 09:32 PM
its all part of concert ettiqute (sp)? my friend
so is don't puke on my shoes...but that rule seems to get broken every other show I go to :thumbsdow :lol:

gauerke
06-29-2005, 09:34 PM
haha..all part of the experience

CortezTheKiller
06-29-2005, 10:01 PM
so is don't puke on my shoes...but that rule seems to get broken every other show I go to http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbs_down.gif http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif
http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

purplejulied
06-29-2005, 10:10 PM
:thumbsup: well said!
(to quote a old Warehouse bumper sticker) Love Knows No Color

that would be a cool one to own

Alice
06-30-2005, 03:16 AM
so is don't puke on my shoes...but that rule seems to get broken every other show I go to :thumbsdow :lol:

i hope you don't wear flip flops :lol:

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 05:10 AM
That reminds me! People who wear flip flops and/or sandals with socks! THAT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD!!! My brother does it and it annoys the piss out of me....

Alice
06-30-2005, 01:11 PM
take his flip flops away then he can't do it

spoonInspoon
06-30-2005, 01:13 PM
The Song Stand Up

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 01:22 PM
lol...I've tried that. But then he wears these half boot things...I think once they were whole boots but the soles are half gone and you can see through them. I even offered to buy him new ones and he won't let me...Says they're comfortable

Alice
06-30-2005, 01:25 PM
who cares what he says - just take them away!
my mom used to have these hideous flip flops that had hot pink and blue on them. my sister and i hid them, tried to get the dog to eat them, etc and finally we threw them away and made her get new ones!

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 01:33 PM
lol..That's funny. I'll see what I can get away with

LibbyAnn
06-30-2005, 02:00 PM
I haven't read every post in this thread so pardon me if I repeat someone else...

Pet Peeves - Friends of the opposite sex who call themselves friends (and just friends), but get upset or act jealous when another guy comes in the picture - even if he's just a friend too!!!

LibbyAnn
06-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Also....(on a roll here...LOL!)

I used to be somewhat overweight. Most guys wouldn't give me the time of day and wouldn't take the time to look at the inside and find out what a fun and rather smart person I am. I lost almost 50 lbs and went from a size 16 to a 4 and now all they notice is the outside!! Now I get lots of attention, but all they see is a decent "rack and ass" and still don't want to take the time to look at the inside. I'm the same person I've always been - fun, interesting and smart - if I do say so myself! - but guys only care about the outside!!

Sorry guys....but it is called Pet Peeves!!!

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Guys suck! Bastards!! lol Sorry...had to get that out of my system.

LibbyAnn
06-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Yeah, me too! I actually wish I had a decent one in my life...but that's the key...the decent ones are either way too young, taken or gay!!!

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Yep, they are. Maybe I should look into that whole Nun thing...lol

LibbyAnn
06-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Funny! I can see it now - new movie of the week - "The Nun Who Loved DMB"

By day she wore a habit, by night her habit was DMB and WDS!

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 04:00 PM
lol....Sounds like a good plot line. Maybe we could make some money, Turn it into a reality tv show and all seeing how people are insane over those things right now

purplejulied
06-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Funny! I can see it now - new movie of the week - "The Nun Who Loved DMB"

By day she wore a habit, by night her habit was DMB and WDS!

that's great.

LibbyAnn
06-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Thanks! I think I was on a roll today. I had something like 25 posts! My goal was to cross 100 before I went to bed! Silly, I know, but Heather had me inspired! LOL!

purplejulied
06-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks! I think I was on a roll today. I had something like 25 posts! My goal was to cross 100 before I went to bed! Silly, I know, but Heather had me inspired! LOL!
go libby go

Alice
06-30-2005, 07:00 PM
more pet peeves:
-people who hijack my thread http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif
-people who act like they know you and think you're cool with them, but in reality you can't stand them
-people that have no common sense what-so-ever (think it was already mentioned, but just wanted to reiterate it)
-telemarketers who won't take "NO" for an answer!

Charles
06-30-2005, 07:10 PM
more pet peeves:
-people who hijack my thread http://weeklydavespeak.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif
-people who act like they know you and think you're cool with them, but in reality you can't stand them
-people that have no common sense what-so-ever (think it was already mentioned, but just wanted to reiterate it)

same here. just going to post something like ths you beat me to it. Im jumping on AIm shortly ttyl

purplejulied
06-30-2005, 07:12 PM
All of you are just angry at the world.:lol:

HLShivers
06-30-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm not! I happen to enjoy the world...sometimes, when I'm not at work...lol

gauerke
06-30-2005, 09:17 PM
I'm not! I happen to enjoy the world...sometimes, when I'm not at work...lol

heres to that

JR E K
06-30-2005, 09:20 PM
hmm... i seem to enjoy the world all the time

purplejulied
07-02-2005, 05:26 AM
Me too. I do wish society was more open minded and concerned about others as a whole.

onesuiteworld
07-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Me too. I do wish society was more open minded and concerned about others as a whole.

amen!!!!!!!!

onesuiteworld
07-03-2005, 05:48 PM
but one of my biggest pet peeves is really stupid. you all know those support our troops ribbonms. well, aside from the initial vomit you feel from the commercialization of the war, i hate it when people put them sideways so that the words are straight, but the ribbons are crooked. are people really that dumb???????

whenever i see it, they are magnets, so i go and turn it =)

mydreamingtree
07-24-2005, 11:12 AM
my pet peeves are... now this is really weird... but dirty hands on clean towels...i hate that.. i think i just hate dirty hands in general... and i have some people who follow me and say their my friends...they bug me... and omg i really hate this... when people who don't know anything, i mean absolutely NOTHING about dmb and try to prove ME wrong about something from dmb.. like the order of when the albums where realeased... i also hate when some one you know says that they did something but it was really you who did it... grrr. that bugs me... ok i hate alot of things so now you guys know what ticks me off :)

DmbGreySt88
07-27-2005, 11:53 AM
i have 2 pet peeves that really get me mad- 1) i HATE when people chew with their mouth open. Its disgusting and i hate the sound of smacking lips and everything inside of their mouth moving around 2) This one doesnt piss me off as much as the previous one, but i hate when people try to sing a dmb song and only know about 4 words of the actual lyrics. I mean learn the song or dont sing it at all! :pissed:

wired
05-11-2006, 07:55 PM
i have 2 pet peeves that really get me mad- 1) i HATE when people chew with their mouth open. Its disgusting and i hate the sound of smacking lips and everything inside of their mouth moving around

i have to agree on that score - this is a horrible peeve of mine, too.

something that really pisses me off is when people walk around with an entitlement attitude or an expectation of recognition for deeds done. i just really cannot stand it. do it for the joy it brings or don't do it at all.

sorry, i'm just rubbed the wrong way this evening. had to vent. :)

Jason
05-11-2006, 08:42 PM
something that really pisses me off is when people walk around with an entitlement attitude or an expectation of recognition for deeds done. i just really cannot stand it. do it for the joy it brings or don't do it at all.
That would never happen here at WDS...or would it?

tiglet26
05-11-2006, 08:48 PM
hmmm let's see....when parents take their 3 year old out shopping at the grocery store and 10 or 11 at night!

Cabinets and drawers left partially open

placing the wrong empasis on words (ie: TACO bell, instead of taco BELL...)

and I'll be back with more in a little bit!

wired
05-11-2006, 09:05 PM
hmmm let's see....when parents take their 3 year old out shopping at the grocery store and 10 or 11 at night!

well, that is just because they probably have kids that they *can't* take at respectable hours, lol. trust me. :biggrin: go easy on them, julie.

wired
05-11-2006, 09:07 PM
That would never happen here at WDS...or would it?

i never said that. jason... what are you implying?

John
05-11-2006, 09:16 PM
I can't believe I've missed out on this thread. That's a pet peeve of mine: missing out.

I really hate when people don't listen and are always asking "What?" Members of my family do it constantly. They'll interrupt me to say it. It also bugs me when people don't take care of their things, especially nice things. I can't stand to see a new Mercedes or BMW all scratched up with dirt on it thick enough that I could write a poem on the hood.

Last thing, and this is probably where I lose everybody. I'm really picky about the condition of my books. It drives me crazy when books are left out in the heat and the pages curl, or when the binding's messed up and it's hard to turn the pages. I'm very protective of my books and generally don't let anybody borrow one unless I don't care all that much about it.

he who rocks
05-11-2006, 09:25 PM
i hate when people have no goddamn profile... next time i see no information provided on someones profile im just gonna make one for them

Alice
05-12-2006, 02:44 AM
once again people have dug out an old thread :lol:

another pet peeve of mine - people with ZERO posts sending you (in this case me) a pm asking for shit....i don't know you, you don't contribute to the boards so NO i'm not going to give you an oink invite.

djurzi
05-12-2006, 03:13 AM
another pet peeve of mine - people with ZERO posts sending you (in this case me) a pm asking for shit....i don't know you, you don't contribute to the boards so NO i'm not going to give you an oink invite.

Right On Alice.. :pissed: This happened to me too...

blynn03
05-12-2006, 03:38 AM

Me too...I don't even have oink. I don't even know what it is!

firedancer33
05-22-2006, 07:56 AM
When people poke me to get my attention! Saying "Jen" or excuse me is just fine!

cubbies14
05-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Those "Fast and the Furious" cars that zoom around and cut you off. I just want to rip the little white trash turd out of the car and beat him senseless.

DmbGreySt88
05-22-2006, 01:07 PM
I hate when a great band lets a guest join the tour for more than 5-7 shows

John
05-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Another pet peeve of mine: People who put themselves on the covers of their own books.

djurzi
05-22-2006, 01:27 PM
People who try to talk to you while you are on the phone, especially if it business related. I can only talk to one person at a time.. thank you...

and people who don't use thier blinkers while driving. If you don't want to use them... say off the road..I am not a mind reader.

cubbies14
05-22-2006, 02:02 PM
and people who don't use thier blinkers while driving. If you don't want to use them... say off the road..I am not a mind reader.

OMG met too....I am a cop so when I pull someone over for this, 9 times out of 10 they are getting a ticket.

tiglet26
05-23-2006, 09:40 PM
once again people have dug out an old thread :lol:

AHHHHHH Just had this happen through AIM.....no dude, the answer is NO!

John
05-23-2006, 11:12 PM

Now y'all be nice. You can't upload stuff/contribute much when you don't have anything. I do know how it gets to be annoying -- especially for full show requests -- but everybody starts somewhere. It was only November 2005 when I had maybe a dozen DMB live tracks on my computer! Patience, patience.

Alice
05-24-2006, 02:17 AM

was it the kid asking for the guster album? he's imed me like 10 times in less than 12 hours :cool:

tiglet26
05-24-2006, 07:53 AM
hhahaha, he sure was!

Alice
05-24-2006, 02:33 PM
hhahaha, he sure was!

and here i was thinking i was special :lol:

onesuiteworld
05-24-2006, 02:46 PM
this may be only in my school, but...

groups of girls who walk extrodinarily slowly in the halls, spread out like an unbreakable line across a corrider, singing an abnoxious song that they all know the words too but definetly shouldnt be singing, again, walking painfully slowly, and then shouting obscenities like 'asshole' or 'cracker' when you try to manuver through to get to class in time.

nicole22
05-24-2006, 04:44 PM
People who are disorganized....I will organize you!! :somedevil

Alice
05-25-2006, 01:28 PM
people that drive like a maniac when you are trying to follow them (hey, here's a good idea, let's fly by the cop going at least 20 miles over the limit) and people who refuse to stop and ask for directions when they are lost

EmpressB
05-26-2006, 08:21 PM
I drive Interstate 75 three times a week for over 300+ miles and I have seen it all...the people who don't use blinkers, and the guys who ride your ass, and the cops who are constantly trying to hide in different places to bust you. But, I think the thing that drives me nuts are the old women (sometimes men) who get in the fast lane and go 55. I think they do this because they are too nervous to drive in the other two lanes, so they chose to block the one that everyone tends to speed in. These people make we wish rockets were a standard option.

The other pet peeve that has really been annoying the hell out of me are those shows on MTV, Sweet Sixteen and Tiara Girls. They are like watching a train wreck, you know it's bad to watch but you just can't help yourself. I would love to smack the hell out of all of them.

wired
05-26-2006, 08:31 PM
But, I think the thing that drives me nuts are the old women (sometimes men) who get in the fast lane and go 55. I think they do this because they are too nervous to drive in the other two lanes, so they chose to block the one that everyone tends to speed in. These people make we wish rockets were a standard option.

for some reason, i have noticed that ohio is notorious for rude drivers like this. i've even had people from other states comment on that fact to me. i can't STAND to drive I75 in southern ohio!

EmpressB
05-26-2006, 08:42 PM
Lol, welcome to my world.
Graduation is coming up soon,so hopefully it will all seem like just a bad dream.

nicole22
05-28-2006, 10:37 PM
i hate it when i'm at the bar and all people play is metallica or ac/dc! :pissed:

there are other bands out there you hicks!

John
05-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Another pet peeve of mine is not being able to sleep.

djurzi
05-29-2006, 05:21 AM
Another pet peeve of mine is not being able to sleep.

Yeah, I hate that too!!!

EmpressB
05-29-2006, 09:33 AM
I saw something yesterday that irked me and I thought about this thread.

There was a guy outside mowing on a riding lawnmower who had a yard that was no bigger than maybe 20x30 feet. No one needs a riding lawnmower when they have a matchbox back yard.

DanaJay88
06-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Biggest peeve: Socks with Sandals. There is a reason they are sandals..so that your feet can be free and breathe - why add the socks?!?!
Second biggest: RANK BREATH...tic tacs aren't THAT expensive..purchase them for crying out loud! :)

tiglet26
06-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Biggest peeve: Socks with Sandals. There is a reason they are sandals..so that your feet can be free and breathe - why add the socks?!?!
:)

OH I HATE this! I have a friends that ALWAYS wears socks with sandals....he says his feet get too cold without them.....THEN DON'T WEAR SANDALS! ARgHHHHH

Charles
06-07-2006, 06:07 AM
OH I HATE this! I have a friends that ALWAYS wears socks with sandals....he says his feet get too cold without them.....THEN DON'T WEAR SANDALS! ARgHHHHH

I know someone like that too.. It drives me nuts.

onesuiteworld
06-07-2006, 02:02 PM

i hate that too. plus im an avid sandall wearer. it poured today, and i had to walk home, so i made a slight exception: flip flops:lol:

djurzi
06-07-2006, 03:08 PM
I remember not to wear socks with sandals :lol:

Although I never do anyway...

John
06-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Add this to the list: People not calling me back. I'm trying to interview a lady, and she said she wanted a few minutes to "gather her thoughts," so she would call me right back. Whatever. Fine. But that was over an hour ago.

Alice
06-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Add this to the list: People not calling me back. I'm trying to interview a lady, and she said she wanted a few minutes to "gather her thoughts," so she would call me right back. Whatever. Fine. But that was over an hour ago.

call her back....the last 2 weeks i had to piece together stuff at work cause 3 guys were either on vacation or out of the country on travel. i found stuff that never got done, stuff that was never followed up on, etc. so what did i do? i made lots and lots of phone calls (and enemies too i'm sure) till i got what i wanted :lol:

nikki71
06-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Right on..rude people and and racist people.

John
06-08-2006, 03:42 PM
call her back....the last 2 weeks i had to piece together stuff at work cause 3 guys were either on vacation or out of the country on travel. i found stuff that never got done, stuff that was never followed up on, etc. so what did i do? i made lots and lots of phone calls (and enemies too i'm sure) till i got what i wanted :lol:

I did. She's not responding. I think "gathering my thoughts" meant "I really don't know what to say."

Kinda scary, considering she's a city councilperson who voted yes on a pretty controversial new ordinance (in the city where I live) that had been under discussion for months. You'd think the whole why-do-I-think-this-way thing would've come up before. Guess not.

There's another pet peeve: Voting without thinking, regardless of who or what you're voting for. That's almost worse than not voting at all.

nicole22
06-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Please have your deposit ticket filled out before you attempt to go through the drive up at your bank! Thank you :biggrin:

cubbies14
06-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Yes,,,, and stop writing checks at the checkout stand. Checks became obsolete when point-of-sale debit machines came to wide use.

John
06-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Yes,,,, and stop writing checks at the checkout stand. Checks became obsolete when point-of-sale debit machines came to wide use.

My mom refuses to use her debit card. She's convinced someone's going to steal her identity with it. She still writes checks for everything. She still cashes checks for $25 (that's all the grocery store will allow) if she needs cash. This can't be normal.

Another pet peeve: People just being dumb. If I say I'm a reporter for the newspaper, and I want to ask you a few questions, that generally means I will probably want to use what you say in some sort of article. Journalism works that way. So don't act like I have three heads when I ask for your name to attach to what you said.

joyrider86
06-27-2006, 04:40 PM
people watching what im doing on the pc or evesdropping on my phone calls.

dmbcrash
06-27-2006, 05:31 PM
when people dont flush the toilet and everything about marie on everybody loves raymond

dmbcrash
06-27-2006, 05:32 PM
people watching what im doing on the pc or evesdropping on my phone calls.
thank you!

sarahluvsdmb
06-27-2006, 07:57 PM
when people dont flush the toilet

I second that one...nothing grosser than walking in on an unflushed toilet at work, or any public place for that matter. eeewwwwwww!

My peeve for today....people who stack their papers to be shreded on TOP on empty paper shred bins. It's not that hard to open the top and throw them in!:confused:

dmbfan092487
07-06-2006, 10:32 PM
when people pull out right infront of you and there is nobody behind you, then they go slower than you were! and when you try to pass them they speed up!

when your gf cheats on you, thats happened to me about 8 times in the last couple of years, lol

wired
07-11-2006, 08:10 PM
noisy chewers and people who chew with their mouths open. it drives me insane (and not in a good way). can you say "attempted homicide with a fork"?

dmbcrash
07-11-2006, 08:14 PM
noisy chewers and people who chew with their mouths open. it drives me insane (and not in a good way). can you say "attempted homicide with a fork"?

i hate that carrie.

Alicia08
07-14-2006, 11:47 AM
laziness...grrr...:pissed:

djurzi
12-09-2006, 06:49 PM
magazines that have perfume or cologne ads in them and stink up the whole magazine. AND none of them smell good!

Dave I
12-09-2006, 08:05 PM
People that don't cover their mouths when they cough/sneeze... why not just infect everyone around you with your germs? ARGH!

kbk31
12-10-2006, 06:08 AM
People who say "like" and "ummm" all the time.

Kim
12-10-2006, 12:30 PM
People who don't return their shopping cart to the "cart corral" and instead just leave it sitting there in the parking lot. lazy, lazy, lazy :pissed:

SnowWhiteRN
12-10-2006, 02:46 PM
People who don't return their shopping cart to the "cart corral" and instead just leave it sitting there in the parking lot. lazy, lazy, lazy :pissed:

Yeah, that really annoys me too; b/c right after I got a new car a cart came rolling through the parking lot and ran straight into my car. Of course, they have that stupid sign saying they aren't responsible for damages in the parking lot.:pissed:
1. Microwave timer left on. UGH!!!!! (hit clear please)
2. Copier lid left open.
3. People not calling back.
4. People at the ATM who don't have their credit card ready then take forever after they get their money out. Move it on Buddy!
I could go on forever on the stuff that drives an OCD person (like me) crazy. However, I am one of those annoying people who still write checks, but I have it prefilled out while I am waiting. I don't even have a debit card. Amazing, eh?

dr. nan
12-11-2006, 06:01 AM
the incessant badgering from the better half of "...what did you get me for christmas, or i'll do the dishes tonight if you tell me what you got me for christmas, no affection for you until you tell me whats in that present, and then to top it all off- she gets out of the shower the other day, looks me square in the eye, and standing in only a towel exclaims she knows exactly what i got her, proceeds to guess with pinpoint precision and then laughs at me as my face gets red trying to tell her, "no baby, i would never buy you that for our first christmas together." ugh

blynn03
12-11-2006, 06:19 AM
Having a crush on someone that you don't have a chance with (e.g. because you're straight and they're gay).

I maybe have crush on a guy that plays the "straight guy" in my boss's drag shows (he doesn't dress up as a woman).

wired
12-11-2006, 06:58 AM
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Having a crush on someone that you don't have a chance with (e.g. because you're straight and they're gay).

it does suck to not be able to control your feelings sometimes, doesn't it? much easier if we could make all decisions with our heads.

and in defense of the cart corral... i always return my cart if there is a corral within reason. however, there are occasions that i just will not - for example, if i have a sick kid in the car absolutely losing it because we need to go. or if it is 38 degrees and pouring down rain. usually i don't mind rain at all, but when it is 38 degrees, forget it.

so there.

:crosses arms defiantly:

blynn03
12-11-2006, 06:59 AM
it does suck to not be able to control your feelings sometimes, doesn't it? much easier if we could make all decisions with our heads.

I wouldn't say that I actually have a crush on him. I just think he's hot, lol. There aren't really any feelings involved....

wired
12-11-2006, 07:09 AM
I wouldn't say that I actually have a crush on him. I just think he's hot, lol. There aren't really any feelings involved....

oh, i was just musing in general. i'm all out of sorts. i feel tangents ... they might come out.

i HATE it when people will call and ask for someone and i'll tell them it is a wrong number. then they call back and ask again. not twice. but 4 times. THIS bugs the crap out of me to no end.

Dave I
12-11-2006, 07:16 AM
^^Sounds like some girl at a bar gave out a fake number and Carrie is the receiver. Or Carrie gave out her number at a bar and doesn't remember it! :lol:

What really drives me insane is when you've had a really really hard day, and its 12:30 (even though its a Sat nite) and you don't feel good and you are lying in bed, and your roommates start practicing with their band, and you have to drive somewhere to talk to your girl about how much you hate your roommates.

blynn03
12-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Here's one that really annoys me:

Women who are obviously aging but still try to dress like they are my age (22), cake on the makeup, and wear waaayyy too much perfume. Come on ladies, you aren't fooling anyone. There is a way to look good (and classy) without looking like you're trying so hard to be 25 again.

Dave I
12-11-2006, 07:23 AM

Women who are obviously aging but still try to dress like they are my age (22), cake on the makeup, and wear waaayyy too much perfume. Come on ladies, you aren't fooling anyone. There is a way to look good (and classy) without looking like you're trying so hard to be 25 again.

Amen. See any Journey concert or any 80s band and you'll be disgusted by the amount of bra-less 40 and 50 year old women in low cut shirts with the big hair that is grey and receding and so much make-up on its crazy... ::feels disgusted::

wired
12-11-2006, 07:28 AM

and i thought you were my friend, brandy.

dr. nan
12-11-2006, 07:44 AM

old woman smell makes me want to yack! what about the opp. people our age who dont know how to relax and have some mid-twenties fun. People always look at me cross when i tell them i'm going to follow dave on a leg of the tour for yet another summer. Bite me

as far as you in love(yes thats the new rumor) with a drag queen, congrats, and all i can hear is the pussycat dolls playing in my head....i'm telling ya to loosen up my buttons babe.....

wired
12-11-2006, 08:04 AM
old woman smell makes me want to yack!

hey now. be nice. i think we smell wonderful.

what about the opp. people our age who dont know how to relax and have some mid-twenties fun.

geez, i would have pegged you for at *least* mid-forties. i think it was the old man smell...

dr. nan
12-11-2006, 08:14 AM
old man smell isnt as bad as old woman Jean Nate', or cigars and moth balls--

my mother for instance has been wearing a half gallon "sunflower" perfume daily for the last 8 years-its gross, old womanly, and overpowering

- i wonder what kind of deoderant the boys wear- (now sitting in my chair visualizing dave as chuck norris in a speed stick commercial)- hey it could happen, the did sell out and do that nascar thing--did i just say that?

blynn03
12-11-2006, 08:25 AM
as far as you in love(yes thats the new rumor) with a drag queen, congrats, and all i can hear is the pussycat dolls playing in my head....i'm telling ya to loosen up my buttons babe.....

He's not a drag queen!!! He doesn't dress up like a woman....he just plays the "straight man." And I'm not in love with him....I just think a man of his looks would be a lot of fun if he were straight, lol! :lol:

dr. nan
12-11-2006, 08:44 AM
He's not a drag queen!!! He doesn't dress up like a woman....he just plays the "straight man." And I'm not in love with him....I just think a man of his looks would be a lot of fun if he were straight, lol! :lol:

pray tell what " a man of his looks" means- does he dress up like a doctor?, or indian chief? ...whatever yer into i guess

blynn03
12-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Just meant he's really good looking.

dr. nan
12-11-2006, 08:52 AM
so wait, he's not a straight man?- he just plays one on tv?....there i go bein hysterical again?

dr. nan
12-11-2006, 08:59 AM
awe man, gotta go actually got a patient, cant sit around and harrass you anymore

Dave I
12-11-2006, 09:56 AM
I hate it when the stupid fast food restaurants tip over your french fries in the bag... argh! So annoying, how hard is it to do?

Kim
12-11-2006, 10:04 AM
People who are unnecessarily judgmental. Hmm, but now that I think about it, isn't any time spent judging others unnecessary?

SnowWhiteRN
12-11-2006, 10:21 AM
I hate overbooking at the doctors office. When people are sick they shouldn't have to wait (let's just say 1 1/2 hours to be seen ---personal experience) to be seen.

blynn03
12-11-2006, 10:23 AM
so wait, he's not a straight man?- he just plays one on tv?....there i go bein hysterical again?

Okay, here goes:

1. He is a gay man.
2. He is in the drag shows
3. He doesn't dress up as a woman in the drag shows
4. Is a "straight man" prop for the drag queens in the drag shows.
5. He is good looking.

Dave I
12-11-2006, 10:26 AM

Take it from me, man... don't harass Brandy... shes good people... don't keep bringing something back up, or she'll want to fight you...

blynn03
12-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Oh, come on...you make it sound like I'm evil or something!

Dave I
12-11-2006, 10:31 AM
^^is not evil in the least... shes a wonderful person... I'm just saying tread softly... I'd much rather have her with me than against me...

kbk31
12-11-2006, 04:19 PM
When you get all excited about a new episode of your favorite show and they instead show a RERUN. Case in point: Grey's last week. (I was prepared this time, though, I noticed they didn't show previews the week before.) But still.

Crumbo
12-11-2006, 04:21 PM
hypocrites

crashintomeagain
12-13-2006, 02:59 PM
whiners. for sure. i'm talking, like, NON-STOP whining...anything that comes out of their mouth is negative or pessimistic or just stupid. they need to be slapped in the face.

Dave I
12-14-2006, 10:08 AM
I hate people that try to sound intelligent when they don't have the facts, and make things up to make a story better.

Just earlier, this stupid kid I work with tried to tell me about how it was so hard to find a place to watch the game because it was only on the station ESPNU which isn't offered by Cincy's biggest cable providers, just by satellite. He told me these two bars he went to that didn't have it on. I walked by those two bars on the way to and from the game and they both were packed with people and had giant signs up saying "Catch the Crosstown Shootout here!" I tell him that and he goes, "Oh, well we didn't really go there." WTF? Then why did you say you did? Grrrrrr. Stupid people piss me off.

SnowWhiteRN
12-22-2006, 08:06 AM
BROTHERS who don't call ya back about a Christmas present HE was supposed to have bought! Now I have no clue:screwy: if my dad is getting anything else for Christmas. When I say call me back, I mean it!

mtlabor
12-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Stupid ass cops that clock you when you're coming down a hill....

kbk31
12-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Stupid ass people who drive a Mustang and go 10 miles under the speed limit. WTF?? You have a fast car, USE IT!!!

crashintomeagain
12-22-2006, 06:17 PM
speaking of vehicles.....hummers. i hate them.

joyrider395
12-22-2006, 09:36 PM
o man.... dont get me started...

but i hate in hockey when your teams got the puck in the slot and a shot at the net... but there so self- minded they decide to skate the puck towards the net and shoot it in to the goalies chest.... makes me want to commit murder

and also at stores... when people go in the express line with like a cart full... they deserve to be slapped

Dave I
12-23-2006, 01:14 PM
and also at stores... when people go in the express line with like a cart full... they deserve to be slapped

That happened today, and the woman was like "I waited through this whole line, now you gon' ring me up or I get da manager ova here." So the girl rang her up.. The line is shorter and faster because its 12 items or less you stupid bitch! Carts full of shit slow down the line. Same with U-Scan lanes... those should all be 12 items or less too... dumbass people.

nikki71
12-24-2006, 10:17 PM
speaking of vehicles.....hummers. i hate them.
Especially bright yellow hummers! Why do they annoy me so?

nikki71
12-24-2006, 10:20 PM
I hate people who talk on their cell phones and are oblivious to everyone else around them. I was in the grocery store and this older gentleman blocks the entire isle as he stops to answer his cell phone! GEEZ!

crashintomeagain
12-25-2006, 08:36 AM
cutting my tongue on a candy cane. sheesh.

kbk31
12-28-2006, 12:53 PM
New towels that shed all over you even after washing them....and ironing. Period.

crashintomeagain
12-31-2006, 07:15 PM
when myspace doesn't work. ugh, i can't help it; i'm an addict

saramop
01-04-2007, 11:01 AM
when people talk on cell phones in public bathroom stalls.

onesuiteworld
01-22-2007, 06:44 PM
When signs read "ATM MACHINE".

Dave I
01-26-2007, 06:04 AM
The people when you get your oil changed that offer you everything in the world because your car absolutely needs it immediately... funny how things that need to be changed from 3 months earlier still don't get changed when I go back and all of a sudden they are fine!

AubrieLovesDMB
01-26-2007, 07:00 AM
When sensitive co-workers want to have attitudes toward you and everyone else but when you've had enough and have an attitude back, they don't come to work the next day and whine to your boss and you seem to get punished for it....:pissed:

saramop
01-26-2007, 07:11 AM
when people at concerts invite all their friends to crowd into their row. so now instead of 10 tall drunk guys standing in front of me, I have 20 tall drunk guys standing in front of me.

onesuiteworld
01-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Bad grammar.

AubrieLovesDMB
01-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Bad grammar.

My bad grammar.

onesuiteworld
01-26-2007, 03:57 PM
My bad grammar.
eh, anyone's. I don't discriminate.

AubrieLovesDMB
01-29-2007, 03:02 PM
eh, anyone's. I don't discriminate.

Once you said "bad grammar" I rushed over to look at my last post and yes indeedy! I had used bad grammar, so I posted "my bad grammar". Thanks so much for opening my eyes!!!!:hypnodisk

onesuiteworld
01-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Once you said "bad grammar" I rushed over to look at my last post and yes indeedy! I had used bad grammar, so I posted "my bad grammar". Thanks so much for opening my eyes!!!!:hypnodiskI also have a bone to pick with you. You titled this thread "pet peeves" and a pet peeve of my own is when threads aren't capitalized correctly.

It should read "Pet Peeves"

Alice
01-29-2007, 05:53 PM
I also have a bone to pick with you. You titled this thread "pet peeves" and a pet peeve of my own is when threads aren't capitalized correctly.

It should read "Pet Peeves"

i don't capitalize anything. sorry matt :lol:

onesuiteworld
01-29-2007, 05:56 PM
i don't capitalize anything. sorry matt :lol:

This should read:

I don't capitalize anything. Sorry, Matt :lol:

:lol:

P.S. That's a lie. Look at your display name: Alice.

mwahahahahhahahahahha

Alice
01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
P.S. That's a lie. Look at your display name: Alice.

mwahahahahhahahahahha

that wasn't my doing. when i originally picked my user name it read "dmb4me." rob was the one who changed it to read "Alice." if i had done it, it would read "alice."

onesuiteworld
01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
that wasn't my doing. when i originally picked my user name it read "dmb4me." rob was the one who changed it to read "Alice." if i had done it, it would read "alice."
Rob is wise.

onesuiteworld
01-29-2007, 06:00 PM
P.S. I haven't seen that (dmb4me) in a while. Oh the good old days...

onesuiteworld
02-02-2007, 09:10 PM
When you're on an escalator, and the banister is moving either slightly faster or slower than the stairs.

sbdmb_fanatic
02-05-2007, 11:46 AM
1. the noises people make when they are eating
2. Inconsiderate people... i.e. restaurants, malls, stores, at work ( i work in retail...)
3. Smokers on campus that blow their smoke into my face
4. the noise a fork makes on a ceramic plate... ehh it just made me shiver when i though about it to write it.
5. people who say all dmb sounds the same, when they dont know a damn thing about it.
6. the way people drive on the interstate in wisconsin... especially near the Marquette interchange and in milwaukee.
7. people who do not know how to take only one parking spot, your car isnt that nice...

AubrieLovesDMB
02-05-2007, 12:09 PM
whining:thumbsdow

Kim
02-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Half-hearted apologies...why even bother apologizing then? I'm still stewing. And, I am not even the stewing type!

Melissa
02-20-2007, 07:38 PM
- People who noisily chew with their mouths open.
- People who don't stop at STOP signs.
- People who let their children run amok in public places.
- Paper Cuts
- Litter bugs. (Don't get me started on people who throw their cigarettes
out the window... :pissed: )
- People who have that spit in the corners of their mouths when they talk.
I mean, can you not feel that?
- Oh, and close-talkers. I didn't really want to smell your breath, ya know.http://www.pugvillage.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_suspect.gif

Dave I
03-01-2007, 08:57 AM
People who interrupt your lunch to talk about work... I'm at lunch, whatever you are working on can wait a half an hour so I can relax and get away from work... my co-worker does not understand this... I have been going out to lunch a bunch and eating there rather than bringing it back because of this!

Alice
03-01-2007, 10:57 AM
People who interrupt your lunch to talk about work... I'm at lunch, whatever you are working on can wait a half an hour so I can relax and get away from work...

i love when people do this cause then i count it as a "working lunch" and don't take any time/make up any time

SnowWhiteRN
03-05-2007, 10:52 PM
When someone spills your red wine all over you and then does not offer an apology or to buy you a new drink!:pissed:

Also, when 2 chicks decide to get into a catfight and think that throwing beer in each other's faces is a good idea. However, the person behind them gets most of it on them(as I sit here covered in wine and beer).

dixeechicken
03-05-2007, 11:53 PM
People that don't pull over for emergency vehicles! Really, how can you not see that large vehicle barreling up behind you in your rearview mirror?

shastaroseward
03-08-2007, 05:04 PM
people who put ink pens back into the office supply caddy without putting the cap back on

sbdmb_fanatic
03-08-2007, 06:02 PM
loud people in the library...

don't answer your cell phone...

we all know that you are not that popular...

Kim
03-12-2007, 07:32 AM
Springing forward. Yeah, I know - the extra daylight at the end of the day is great but I am dragging this morning! I'm more of a fall back person.

Alice
03-12-2007, 12:57 PM
people who don't search for things

Kim
03-12-2007, 01:05 PM
people who don't search for things

:lol: indeed.

So, I'm not sure if this qualifies as a pet peeve, but it's something that is definitely driving me nuts and it happened again today. I have a stain on the front of my shirt - mid abdomen - in the shape of a perfect circle. It looks like I've been using my shirt as a coaster. What is causing this?!

Alice
03-12-2007, 01:12 PM
I have a stain on the front of my shirt - mid abdomen - in the shape of a perfect circle. It looks like I've been using my shirt as a coaster. What is causing this?!

that's better than dropping toothpaste on your shirt and having it look like a bodily fluid...

sbdmb_fanatic
03-12-2007, 03:41 PM
that's better than dropping toothpaste on your shirt and having it look like a bodily fluid...

yes that isnt cool along with the sinks in the bathroom here at the dorms... i am tall like 5' 7" - 5' 8" ish and the sinks come perfectly level with my crotch area... and okay so here it is the water pressure is so strong that everytime i turn the water on and i am either washing a spoon, my face, or brushing my teeth i get a splash of water right smack dab on the crotch of my jeans... it makes me mad and yet it continues to happen when i turn the water on really light too...

Kim
03-12-2007, 03:50 PM
yes that isnt cool along with the sinks in the bathroom here at the dorms... i am tall like 5' 7" - 5' 8" ish and the sinks come perfectly level with my crotch area... and okay so here it is the water pressure is so strong that everytime i turn the water on and i am either washing a spoon, my face, or brushing my teeth i get a splash of water right smack dab on the crotch of my jeans... it makes me mad and yet it continues to happen when i turn the water on really light too...
:lol: :lol:

shastaroseward
03-13-2007, 06:24 PM
when idiots follow you too closely for miles, pass you, then dart over in front of you to get off at the next exit :pissed:

Kim
03-13-2007, 07:37 PM
when idiots follow you too closely for miles, pass you, then dart over in front of you to get off at the next exit :pissed:
Yeah, that is right up there w/ the person who pulls out in front of you from a sidestreet and then turns at the next street (and there's nobody behind you for miles) - why do they do that? Why can't they wait for you to go by?

shastaroseward
03-17-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah, that is right up there w/ the person who pulls out in front of you from a sidestreet and then turns at the next street (and there's nobody behind you for miles) - why do they do that? Why can't they wait for you to go by?

YES! YES! YES! WHY?! I just don't get some people! Is it any wonder road rage is such an issue? Seriously, the talk of the town last week was that a guy pulled a gun on someone in, get this, KFC Drive Thru because that someone flipped him off for pulling out in front of him.

Kim
03-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Hummer limos. I saw one today...yuck.

crashintomeagain
03-18-2007, 09:04 AM
when someone believes they know way more about Dave than i do

"omg Jessi, dave is CANADIAN! NOT SOUTH AFRICAN! you're soooo wrong"
makes me want to blow something up.

shastaroseward
03-18-2007, 12:08 PM
when someone believes they know way more about Dave than i do

"omg Jessi, dave is CANADIAN! NOT SOUTH AFRICAN! you're soooo wrong"
makes me want to blow something up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alice
03-18-2007, 04:33 PM
people who can't be bothered to clear the ice or snow off of their cars. seriously, is it that hard?

crmeza11
03-18-2007, 04:47 PM
animals dressed as humans

shastaroseward
03-21-2007, 07:03 PM
when my coworkers refuse to be held accountable for anything they do

crashintomeagain
03-25-2007, 05:39 PM
short tempers. just chill, seriously.

reganref
03-26-2007, 02:34 PM
The sink thread reminded me...

energy saving public faucets that will not allow you to wash BOTH hands under the water at the same time because one hand is needed to keep the water running. Every day I try it at the work bathroom and ha, maybe if I press harder, nope, still didn't make it before the water shut off, ugh, I have to lather off the soap with the gimpy one-hand lame rinse again....

Oh yes, and I agree, Hummers too.

shastaroseward
05-01-2007, 05:33 PM
walking into a swarm of gnats...same goes for spiderwebs

glogowski
05-02-2007, 01:20 PM
When you get something stuck in your teeth and you are nowhere near a toothpick or floss.

sbdmb_fanatic
05-02-2007, 09:19 PM
dumb professors, people who have tempers, my roommates music (sometimes), country music...

that is about it

Alice
05-03-2007, 08:53 PM
people who litter

John
05-03-2007, 10:00 PM
the golden state warriors

Dave I
05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
the golden state warriors

See, I don't make it the whole team... Just Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson and the other players that whine... wait. That is the whole team.

sbdmb_fanatic
05-04-2007, 11:09 AM
See, I don't make it the whole team... Just Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson and the other players that whine... wait. That is the whole team.

hahahhahaaaaa :lol:

shastaroseward
05-08-2007, 06:29 PM
when you get the crappy shopping cart

SnowWhiteRN
05-08-2007, 07:05 PM
When people DON'T CALL ME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon
05-08-2007, 09:05 PM
When people just randomly burp really loud and they don't excuse themselves...Ew.

crashintomeagain
05-09-2007, 02:42 PM
When people just randomly burp really loud and they don't excuse themselves...Ew.

i agree. but i used to do it all the time. i guess i just grew up :biggrin:

reganref
05-09-2007, 03:38 PM
when you get the crappy shopping cart

ugh - I had one in Lowe's the other day that had a 2" gouge off one of it's wheels and it made a LOUD thwacky thump w/ with every revolution. thought I could deal but couldn't take it by the 3rd aisle

Shannon
05-09-2007, 11:27 PM
i agree. but i used to do it all the time. i guess i just grew up :biggrin:

It's really annoying when your bio lab partner is doing it constantly as the two of you are trying to set up the lab and your heads are therefore close together. Ugh.

onesweetwurld41
05-09-2007, 11:28 PM
When people DON'T CALL ME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
aaagreed, especially if you're waiting on something, drives me NUTS

glogowski
05-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Earlier today, I tried to get some chocolate covered pretzels out of a vending machine at school and they got stuck in the little spiral bar thing. I shook and I shook but they didn't budge. They just sat there looking mouthwateringly delicious and taunting me!

The worst part is that I knew some butthole came along later, put a dollar in and got an extra bag of pretzels. good day for him, bad day for me.

Shannon
05-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Earlier today, I tried to get some chocolate covered pretzels out of a vending machine at school and they got stuck in the little spiral bar thing. I shook and I shook but they didn't budge. They just sat there looking mouthwateringly delicious and taunting me!

The worst part is that I knew some butthole came along later, put a dollar in and got an extra bag of pretzels. good day for him, bad day for me.

I hate when that happens! Grrr...

murf1087
05-10-2007, 11:24 PM
I hate when people trash my house! Treat my house the way I treat yours! I spend way too much time cleaning up after my friends and it drives me nuts.

MsEarth
05-11-2007, 08:02 AM
When people are on the metro, during the middle of rush hour, and sit in one seat and have their parcels in another....and then have the nerve to look perturbed when you ask them to move their things so you can sit down!!!

Alice
05-11-2007, 01:12 PM
When people are on the metro, during the middle of rush hour, and sit in one seat and have their parcels in another....and then have the nerve to look perturbed when you ask them to move their things so you can sit down!!!

oh screw that, tell them to move! there are days i wish my work was close to a marc or metro station but at the same time i enjoy my (usually) peaceful drive to work!

SnowWhiteRN
05-17-2007, 10:02 PM
I love the computer for lots of things. I even love it for getting my medical information back, but I hate the fact that my doctor e-mails me that I have an abnormal test result then fails to explain what it is and what it may mean! Luckily, it is not the weekend and I will call her tomorrow to see if I should fear for my life or just continue on as normal.

shastaroseward
06-19-2007, 07:12 PM
people who say that's it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. what a bunch of crap.

One_AntMarching
06-19-2007, 08:14 PM
3 minutes of show > 6 minutes of commercials > 3 minutes of show > 10 minutes of commercials!!!! :pissed:

sbdmb_fanatic
09-24-2007, 08:31 AM
high schoolers who think they know everything about life, people who hate on the band, and soggy cereal

sbdmb_fanatic
10-25-2007, 01:42 PM
divas

and

the people who get dressed up for astronomy lecture.. high heels are not necessary to learn about red giants.

daveizgod
10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
i hate when people come over my pad and just make themselves at home and use my MAC! how rude! :pissed:

onesuiteworld
10-25-2007, 10:14 PM
"ATM Machine"

Automatic Teller Machine Machine?

glogowski
10-25-2007, 11:06 PM
"ATM Machine"

That one kills me too, I have to point it out every time I hear it.

sbdmb_fanatic
10-25-2007, 11:07 PM
"ATM Machine"

do people still say ATM machine?

i say ATM... isn't it known to most people that it is a given that an ATM is a machine? i thought so.

glogowski
10-25-2007, 11:19 PM
do people still say ATM machine?Come on Sara, there are still some backwoods places out here where people haven't even heard of an ATM, let alone know how to say it.

A similar thing is when people say LCD display.

Cathy W
10-26-2007, 05:11 AM
I apologize in advance if I offend anyone.... however

When people say "warsh" :pissed: this frys me!!

it is "wash" - where in the heck is the "R" coming from??? :screwy:

sbdmb_fanatic
10-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Come on Sara, there are still some backwoods places out here where people haven't even heard of an ATM, let alone know how to say it.

oh mike. you do have a point.

Dave I
10-26-2007, 08:44 AM
I apologize in advance if I offend anyone.... however

When people say "warsh" :pissed: this frys me!!

it is "wash" - where in the heck is the "R" coming from??? :screwy:

I hate that too!!! I hate when people add letters to words. Next time you hear it, show them the phoenetic spelling... on second thought, "wash" is already spelled phoenetically!!

Wahhh-shhhh... I mean really I did nothing different.

One_AntMarching
11-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Bandwagon sports fans

davesdiva
11-21-2007, 05:25 PM
but one of my biggest pet peeves is really stupid. you all know those support our troops ribbonms. well, aside from the initial vomit you feel from the commercialization of the war, i hate it when people put them sideways so that the words are straight, but the ribbons are crooked. are people really that dumb???????

whenever i see it, they are magnets, so i go and turn it =)
there is a PT Cruiser in town that has 31 different ribbon magnets on the back. They even put the little cut out section in the loop on the car. They evidently support A LOT of causes, diseases, wars, blah blah blah...
I had the pleasure of sitting behind them at a red light and counted them...31. At 2 bucks a pop...come on, can a person really like those damn things that much?!

Also, when they get all sun faded, throw them away!

davesdiva
12-03-2007, 05:08 PM
also, ink pens and pencils are made for a right handed person! hold one in your right hand like you're writing, you can read what the writing on the pen/pencil says. now hold it in your left hand like you're writing...the writing is upside down! and have you opened a greeting card lately?...same thing. I am not right handed.

glogowski
12-03-2007, 07:11 PM
also, ink pens and pencils are made for a right handed person! hold one in your right hand like you're writing, you can read what the writing on the pen/pencil says. now hold it in your left hand like you're writing...the writing is upside down! and have you opened a greeting card lately?...same thing. I am not right handed.What about writing on a white board with a dry erase marker? When I am done, everything is smeared and the side of my left hand is black.

Stupid right handed people think that they are so much better than us