PDA

View Full Version : North Korea - Nuclear idiots

theponderousman
10-08-2006, 09:23 PM
At 9:36 EDT (Eastern time), North Korea detonated a nuclear device underground in the NW provice close to China's border. China was given a 20 minute warning, which they in turn informed their counterparts across the world. North Korea has now become one of the most isolated countries in the world as their defiance to worldy condemnation has continue to increase. Not even China will go to bat for them much now...South Korea's military has been put on high alert.

I just LOVE quotes from countries that think they can say something and be believe: "It will contribute to defending the peace and stability on the Korean Peninsula and in the area around it." Riiiiiiight.....friggin idiots

Although I have to hand it to Trey Parker and Matt Stone....their depiction of Kim Jong II (or whatever his name is...the N. Korean leader)...always cracks me up whenever I see him....awesome stuff

cornflake girl
10-08-2006, 09:28 PM
glass parking lot?

Dave I
10-09-2006, 09:42 AM
This worries me... people testing nuclear weapons... we don't need another war... especially one with nukes... I hope this can all be worked out peacefully.

Amanda
10-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Wow.
Erm...am so very glad that I'm going to a country in less than 3 weeks that is right next door to this...*nervous laughter
Could be an interesting next 8 months...

Also: what is meant by "glass parking lot"?
I don't get it:)

nanciestripping
10-09-2006, 03:08 PM
only time will tell how this is going to play out

i think somone is a little jealous of iran

-brad

he who rocks
10-09-2006, 03:16 PM
peace,love, crabs... etc etc

onesuiteworld
10-09-2006, 03:38 PM
This situation is one of the more dangerous in the world today.

Kim Jongt Il is a madman. There is no other word for it. He is a cruel dictator who provides nothing for the millions of people under his reign. Given that, he has little to lose.

Given that he has little to lose, nothing is stopping him from developing nuclear capacity. He tested two long-range missiles (The Tipodong I and II), neither of which worked well. But they are getting closer.

Il is not stupid. He probably won't preemptively strike a powerful nation like China. It would be suicide. But in a world of heightened tensions, especially against North Korea, he has seen fit to begin gaining nuclear capabilities.

This situation has the potential to become a global conflict, if it has not yet become one.

cornflake girl
10-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Wow.
Erm...am so very glad that I'm going to a country in less than 3 weeks that is right next door to this...*nervous laughter
Could be an interesting next 8 months...

Also: what is meant by "glass parking lot"?
I don't get it:)

this (http://www.answers.com/glass%20parking%20lot) will answer all your questions.

Amanda
10-10-2006, 12:31 AM
this (http://www.answers.com/glass%20parking%20lot) will answer all your questions.

Thanks...
:thumbsup:

David R
10-10-2006, 05:08 PM
definetly a scary situation that needs to be watched closley...hopefully this madman doesn't get too crazy...lets hope this all works out

onesuiteworld
10-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Pretty good editorial in the Times

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/10/opinion/10frum.html

THE North Korean nuclear test — if that indeed is what it was — signals the catastrophic collapse of a dozen years of American policy. Over that period, two of the world’s most dangerous regimes, Pakistan and North Korea, have developed nuclear weapons and the missiles to launch them. Iran, arguably the most dangerous of them all, will surely follow, unless some dramatic action is soon taken.