PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Cited for Marijuana Possession

MikeyCarson
09-18-2006, 03:32 PM
No real surprise here:

Willie Nelson and four others were issued misdemeanor citations for possession of narcotic mushrooms and marijuana after a traffic stop Monday morning on a Louisiana highway, state police said.

The citations were issued after a commercial vehicle inspection of the country music star's tour bus, state police said in a news release.

"When the door was opened and the trooper began to speak to the driver, he smelled the strong odor of marijuana," the news release said. A search of the bus produced 1 1/2 pounds of marijuana and 0.2 pounds of narcotic mushrooms, according to state police.

Nelson's publicist, Elaine Shock, declined immediate comment.
Also cited were Tony Sizemore, 59, of St. Cloud, Fla.; Bobbie Nelson, 75, of Briarcliff, Texas; Gates Moore, 54, of Austin, Texas; and David Anderson, 50, of Dallas. Each was released after being issued a citation.

lemon11
09-18-2006, 04:23 PM
I love Willie Nelson and this story is awesome. my favorite part is when it lists all their ages....

onesuiteworld
09-18-2006, 04:39 PM
HAHA, this reminds me of a joke I heard:

What has 70 legs and 14 teeth?

The front row of a Willie Nelson Concert

Paige
09-18-2006, 04:53 PM

:lol::lol:

he who rocks
09-18-2006, 05:22 PM
good old willie. honestly if you were a cop and you realized it was willie, would you even bother searching the bus? i mean, you know what your gonna find, you may as well just say keep on trucking boys... who cares what some 50-70 yr olds are doing. they sure as hell arent robbing banks... theyre eating pizza and making music..lol

Shannon
09-18-2006, 05:26 PM

That made my day. :lol:

David R
09-18-2006, 06:56 PM

hahaha 1 and 1/2 pounds of weed though...WOW!

tiglet26
09-18-2006, 07:58 PM
o willie.....

dmdbmb
09-18-2006, 08:10 PM
I got caught with 1 1/2 pounds of weed once. I spent 5 years in prison for it.

Ok, not really but it just goes to show you how easy celebs get it. I'm happy for him and all but, most people would be charged with "intent to distribute" which is more that just a fine I'm afraid.

tiglet26
09-18-2006, 08:12 PM
^^^yes, but I'm sure they realized he didn't intend to distribute it! :lol:

MikeyCarson
09-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Farm Aid's Mission

The mission of Farm Aid is to keep family farmers on their land. Family farmers are our only guarantee for fresh, local food. Our goal is to bring together family farmers and citizens to restore family farm-centered agriculture. Family farmers ensure safe, healthful food, protect natural resources, and strengthen local economies.

....hmmm, I wonder if the weed and shrooms were grown on a family farm?

Shannon
09-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Farm Aid's Mission

The mission of Farm Aid is to keep family farmers on their land. Family farmers are our only guarantee for fresh, local food. Our goal is to bring together family farmers and citizens to restore family farm-centered agriculture. Family farmers ensure safe, healthful food, protect natural resources, and strengthen local economies.

....hmmm, I wonder if the weed and shrooms were grown on a family farm?

I would sure as hell hope so.

MikeyCarson
09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
but, most people would be charged with "intent to distribute" which is more that just a fine I'm afraid.

"The trooper said Nelson and the band were not arrested because the local jail was too crowded."
as reported by: http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=5423085&nav=menu73_10_7_3

jackjack
09-26-2006, 07:51 AM
good old willie. honestly if you were a cop and you realized it was willie, would you even bother searching the bus? i mean, you know what your gonna find, you may as well just say keep on trucking boys... who cares what some 50-70 yr olds are doing. they sure as hell arent robbing banks... theyre eating pizza and making music..lol

:boings: :boings: That's what I said:dbud: It's Willie Nelson go chase some felons.